Why do they call it trigger press?

wizard

I often wonder why they use the term trigger press. A controlled pull has always worked well for me, as long as I am not jerking the trigger. What is so correct about this and why do people get all excited when one uses the term trigger pull? Are my trigger pull weights no longer P.C.?

Press= to act upon with steadily applied weight or force. That seems like what you need to be doing to the trigger to me, therefore it is sometimes referred to as trigger press.

Press give the student/shooter a more precise imagery of how to operate the trigger. To press the trigger works much better and invokes the idea of one finger doing the work (press the doorbell) as opposed to pull, which some would imagine that you would do with your whole hand.

I do agree though, don't get too hung up on the little words. If it's working for you to pull, squezze, mash, yank, or whatever, the trigger..then go for it and make em all count!

I dont think I have ever been accused of being P.C.?, As long as you are in control of your firearm?, call it as you please

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back