Why do people over-look Bersa guns?

cluznar

I can not understand why people overlook the Bersa Guns. My Bersa Thunder .380 has shot flawlessly right out of the box. It is dependable, accurate, and easy to conceal. The same with my Bersa .32 acp it is one great gun, very accurate and again has shot flawlessly out of the box. Bersa makes good guns at an affordable price. They have the BP9cc which is an excellent 9mm carry gun. They have a full size 9mm and also the 9mm UC for carry. They have a .45 too and all at good prices. I believe too many people look at big name guns and forget about Bersa which is a very good gun and Bersa stands behind them.

Take a look and see. :dance3:

People over look them because they don't appeal and Ruger does amuch better job of marketing their .380

I have checked out the Bersa Thunder, and I was impressed. Its a very well built hand gun and there is nothing cheap about its construction like ive seen in so many other guns of its type. I have even thought about buying one in the near future.

I recently purchased the cc.380. It was accurate and has had NO failures of any sort right out of the box. I was so impressed with the .380 that I purchased a cc 9mm. Again, flawless out of the box! I love these weapons and they are so affordable. I have short fingers so most handguns that I have fired are hard for me to to hold securely. I have a hard time getting my hands around the grips and reaching the trigger is a stretch most of the time. Not so with both of the Bersa's that I have purchased. They are now my daily go to guns. I love 'em!

I had a Bersa Thunder that was the biggest piece of crap I ever owned, I sent it to 3 different gunsmiths because the safety was so hard to operate that it took two hands to flip it off, my gunsmiths consensus was that it was a poor design, the gun did shoot good but if you can't get it into battery it doesn't do you much good

My Thunder 380 is a great gun! It has never failed and is perfect for my hand. Not too big or too small. I have the all matte black and did find the finish showing wear from carrying so I had my smith duracoat it. Link Removed

Why do people overlook it? Probably because A) it isn't readily available at many gun shops, and B) many people are looking for firearms manufactured in the US.

My wife carries the 7 round, and I keep a 15 round CC in my truck all the time. My carry gun is a 1911. Personal preference.... as it should be.

Bursa thunder .22 for the wife. she loves it and with no recoil, is deadly accurate. 10 rounds of stinger should discourage the bad guy. Bersa thunder plus for a sweet carry for me, also hardly any recoil. I agree, the bersa is a well built pistol, easy to conceal, and accurate right out of the box. Looks good too! And the best part, they are reasonably priced.

Howdy,

Back in the "Day" before most states had a CCW permit and there were very few small compact pistols on the market that were NOT "Saturday Night Specials" the Bersa was very popular because it was/is well handgun at a very affordable price especially compared to a S&W or Colt 5-shot stubnose .38.

Nowadays there are numerous pocket size .380s and 9mms that are as small or smaller than the Bersa, lighter and just as cheap or even cheaper.

The Bersa is still a well made pistol and is way too often overlooked.

Paul

In 1985 I had a fire in my house. The house didn't really burn, but a sofa caught fire while no one was in the house overnight and smoldered all night pumping thick, fiber-fill smoke into the house all night long. If anyone's ever seen what smoke can do to gun metal, especially smoke produced by synthetic fills and coverings from cheap sofas, I don't have to explain what happened to all my guns. I had everything from a '59 hand-made 30-06 by Roy Weatherby himself that my granddad left me, to several Winchester lever guns, a couple of Remington 700's, shotguns and four brief-case-sized handgun cases filled to the gills with Smiths, Colts, 1st Gen Ruger Blackhawks, a Beretta 92F, and then this one little Bersa Model 383 .380. The smoke got to everything. Pitted both the outside and inside of the barrels well beyond my ability to fix any of 'em. Took the Weatherby to their original shop in Southgate, CA and they gave me $150 bucks for the intricately engraved and inlaid stock, but said the metal was too far gone and couldn't be restored. Even in '85 that gun was worth North of $3500 bucks. It would easily be worth five figures today, but spilled milk and all that good stuff. Whatever. I'm over it.

So anyway some months after the fire I took all of what was left to a giant gun show at the Pamona Fairgrounds and found someone to buy 'em all for parts. Well, all but one. He said he wouldn't give a dime for the Bersa even if it was in mint condition, so I left with my $1200 dollars in parts money and a piece of steel and plastic in the shape of a gun that wasn't even worth scrap price to someone who restored guns for a living. He wouldn't even let me hand it to him after the transaction for free. I had no use for it, and neither did he.

I don't ever waste time telling people what guns they should buy, or even consider buying. I don't think I've ever bad-mouthed Bersa or any other make on this forum. The question for the OP is though, why does he overlook everything but Bersa? Don't bother answering. It's really too stupid of a question for anyone to take seriously, and answering would only prove that point and could only embarrass you.

I buy guns for a specific use. I don't really collect anymore after that fire, but I've never been without enough guns of various descriptions to fill specific needs and/or desires. I try to buy stuff that has the potential to evaluate instead of devaluating faster'n a new car after it leaves the lot. In most cases in the sub-compact market, that simply isn't possible. Most just aren't made to high tolerances or exacting specifications like a well-taken-care-of higher-end Smith, Colt, Sig, FN, Remington, Winchester, Henry - what have you.

Even with the experience with Bersa almost 30 years ago of not being able to recoup a single penny from the purchase, I still don't bad-mouth them. There's something for everybody out there. You want nothing but Bersas? Have at it. Whatever floats your boat.

But to directly answer the question in the title of this thread, "Why do people over-look Bersa guns?" Here it comes cluznar. It's not complicated. Are you ready?

Answer: Because I don't want a Bersa.

That is all.

Blues

I think many good gun manufactures get over looked because any time you talk about a company that is not considered one of the big ones like Glock ,Ruger, S&W ,and Springfield you get soooo many "experts" that will tell you they are junk pistols. I stopped listening to them long ago and have the firearms that make me instead of me owning the firearms others think I should own.

We have a Thunder 380 and a 380CC. Both took over 300 rounds to brake in. The CC still has a stiff Safety/Decocker and the slide won't lock back on the last shot most of the time. Being of all alloy construction they feel solid, but it is just cheap pot metal. I would not buy another Bersa.

Bought my wife a Bersa two toned Concealed Carry 380 for her birthday and she & I were surprised how accurate it shoots. I usually CCW a 1911 but I've found that I've gotten to where I like the Bersa with hollow points just as well.

Blues,

Truly sorry for the fire. I'm sure you lost much more than your guns. While the monetary value of Bersa may be null or limited, I feel there is a great value in how comfortable a person feels with a gun and what it is used for. I, like you have several that have considerable more monetary value than my Bersa 380 and also shoot well. But for me this gun fits my hand so well, has always been reliable, is easy to carry and has very manageable recoil. For these reason and not monetary value I often carry my Bersa.

We have a Thunder 380 and a 380CC. Both took over 300 rounds to brake in. The CC still has a stiff Safety/Decocker and the slide won't lock back on the last shot most of the time. Being of all alloy construction they feel solid, but it is just cheap pot metal. I would not buy another Bersa.
Bullcrap, they are NOT all alloy... ALL of their slides are Steel (except MAYBE the .22) and some of their frames are steel, they even offer polymer framed pistols now... POT METAL my azz..... next time know what the heck you are talking about BEFORE you post something...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back