Which way is right?

Axeanda45

Banned
I have a very simple question that needs an answer.... (I actually already know the legal/moral answer, I just want to know what others here would do)

Here is the scenario:

You have been attacked (you did not provoke it) and it comes to the point where YOU have decided that YOUR LIFE is in ACTUAL danger. So, being a CCW person who is armed in this situation, what would YOU do if, In the process of you unholstering/drawing, and aiming your weapon, the attacker has decided that today is not a good day to be shot/killed and has therefore (and quite obviously to you) ended his attack. Do you ....

A. Shoot the former attacker?

or

B. NOT shoot the former attacker?

Further discussion about the scenario is not needed, only a simple yes I would shoot or no I wouldnt shoot is sufficient...

Thank you.

So you are asking people if they want to commit homicide? Don't all states say that once the threat is gone it is no longer defense?

This seems to be carryover from the brandishing thread to try to prove a point.

I'm wondering why you even wasted space posting this question. Are you just trying to weed out the idiots or do you really need this question answered for your own information, because you don't really know the answer?

KK

I'm wondering why you even wasted space posting this question. Are you just trying to weed out the idiots or do you really need this question answered for your own information, because you don't really know the answer?

KK
Did you actually read the post? It sure doesnt look like it to me..... Perhaps you should, then you will have the info to answer your own questions...

I have heard that people have been told by LEO and/or Lawyers to do such things as empty your magazine into the perpetrator to make it look like you were in a panic and if you shoot someone on your lawn to drag them into the house to enhance castle doctrine.

Of course, the right thing to do is to not shoot and call the police right away. Anytime you draw your gun, you want to be the FIRST one to call 911.

Many, MAny, MANY years ago, I pulled the trigger of a retreating individual who had broken into our home and WHIPPED my butt when I tried to stop him.

After, he beat me to near unconsciousness he continued to ransack and steal things in our home. I managed to grab my gun and get to my feet. Once he saw I was about to shoot him he ran. I pulled the trigger anyway. In all the commotion I forgot to release the "safety". By the time I realized my mistake, he was out of range & gone. (I understand "HOW" adrenaline can take over your actions. However, to this day I am thankful that I didn't shoot a fleeing man!)

A few years later I got into an altercation where I was jumped by four men after a date with my GF. By the time I was able to gain enough control & make my escape, I thought I may have killed one of the BGs. (To this day, I'm glad I only maimed him.)

Even though I was in the "RIGHT" to use deadly force, the belief that I had taken another persons life was almost to much to handle. (Not to mention the time I had to spend in court over the next few months)

Don't get me wrong; I would use deadly force in an instant "IF" I felt the need. However, it wold be the ABSOLUTE last thing I would want to do.

-

Here is my response:

I have a very simple question that needs an answer.... (I actually already know the legal/moral answer, I just want to know what others here would do)

This comes across as a loaded passive aggressive question.

Here is the scenario:

You have been attacked (you did not provoke it) and it comes to the point where YOU have decided that YOUR LIFE is in ACTUAL danger. So, being a CCW person who is armed in this situation, what would YOU do if, In the process of you unholstering/drawing, and aiming your weapon, the attacker has decided that today is not a good day to be shot/killed and has therefore (and quite obviously to you) ended his attack. Do you ....

Again, a loaded passive aggressive question. You say that your life is in danger, yet it isn't.

A. Shoot the former attacker?

Shoot a former attacker? You just committed murder, possibly manslaughter if you hire a good lawyer.

or

B. NOT shoot the former attacker?

You mean not shoot someone that isn't a threat? I thought you said that person you have decided your life was in danger? So which one is it? Because I know when my life is in danger, by satisfying all the legal requirements.

Further discussion about the scenario is not needed, only a simple yes I would shoot or no I wouldnt shoot is sufficient...

Thank you.

So why didn't you just post a poll?

Legally you KNOW you should not shoot, personally I would choose not to shoot. That being said I wonder how many including myself that would be able to shut their reflexes down quickly enough to make the decision? With adrenaline pumping it may be difficult to do.

shoot or not shoot

I was once approached by a man with a knife, I reached back placed my hand on my gun. He got the idea and decided to move on, I called the police to let them know a
description of the person in case he tried with someone else and to get my report in first just in case he decided to report me.

So why didn't you just post a poll?

Because I couldnt figure out how to do a poll in the time I had to post the thread this morning... (I think some of the or even all the html stuff is still not working correctly, but I may very well be wrong, and just not smart enough.)

As far as your other comments, you have read way too much into this, which you were specifically asked NOT to do..... Also, I did NOT contradict myself, the situation WAS life threatening WHEN the decision was made to draw..... It only stopped being life threatening ONCE it was drawn. Is there something there that you dont understand? because I would be happy to explain it to you further.....

Thank you for asking.. and thank you for your response.

I truly wonder sometimes about the author of such a ridiculous question. Then again I have wondered about this author for a long time. The answer is simple and warbirds said it--they call it HOMICIDE. I will give you one thing on the thread--the dynamics of such an encounter can still mean that in the "heat" of the situation, with your adrenalin level as high as can be etal, there could be a chance that, having drawn your firearm, you instinctively would discharge same literally at the moment that the slime actually gives up---possible--yes; probably --no; homicide--yes.

I cant believe this is even being discussed. I hope I didnt join a forum full of trigger happy Cowboys that "big brother" is surely monitoring? No immediate threat to life,the perpertrator is fleeing? You dont squeeze, call LE and take your *sswhooping like a man!

Never shoot when you don't need to. Just a waist of ammo and the consequences could be costly! !

kelcarry, You are one of those in the other threads that insisted that once a firearms is drawn, it MUST BE FIRED or you would be guilty of brandishing.... Are you now trying to deny this?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kelcarry, I went looking for that damning post of yours so I could paste it here.....

And I must apologize.... In this instance, (that I referred to above) I had you confused with desert..... in both of the other threads too it seems.... I read into your posts things that werent there. I am sorry.

kelcarry, You are one of those in the other threads that insisted that once a firearms is drawn, it MUST BE FIRED or you would be guilty of brandishing.... Are you now trying to deny this?

Thanks for proving my original point that this was a loaded, passive aggressive question.

Thanks for proving my original point that this was a loaded, passive aggressive question.

Dude, get over yourself ..... and next time, try not to use words that contradict themselves right next to each other, it makes you look quite ignorant...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back