When you carry do you have a round in the chamber?

Obviously if you are going into a higher risk area (ATM, gas station, etc) you would want to have one in the chamber.

Please allow me to understand what you are suggesting....

In lesser-risk areas one would carry with an empty chamber, right? Not sure where those "lesser" risk areas are, but I'm pretty sure you're implying that you know where they are in your area.

In higher-risk areas such as the ones you mention above, one would remove their weapon from its holster, rack the slide, and re-holster the weapon before entering the gas station or areas adjacent to an ATM, right?

Should the lesser-risk area actually buck the trend and have a bad-guy in it waiting to pounce on the first easy mark he sees, how is it safer to have an empty-chambered handgun?

Conversely, how is it safer to have to unholster, rack and reholster a weapon that, if chambered and stored safely in its holster without being removed or handled until needed, would present much less danger to self and others than the procedure previously-described?

And yes wolf_fire and telpinaro, people keep finding new ways to promulgate the myth that guns go off by themselves with a round chambered, and it is our responsibility to put the myth out of its misery. LOL

Blues

Man I do not beleive some of you guys! You do not have a chance without a round in the chamber! Mot shoots are too fast for you to have time to rack a round!

Man I do not beleive some of you guys! You do not have a chance without a round in the chamber! Mot shoots are too fast for you to have time to rack a round!

Stats please or even two or three newspaper articles over the last five years showing somebody was killed or injured while trying to chamber a round. Please don't include the one inconclusive video of the jewelry store robbery.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back