When the video doesn't match the claim of defense....

NavyLCDR

Link Removed

Wow. What a horrible string of events. So what do you think? How many times have police officers claimed an exact similar circumstance (he was going for my gun) and the video shows differently? How much do we believe what the defendant says about what he/she perceived the situation to be? Do we take into account the past experiences of the defendant as related to what their perception at the time of the alleged offense might have been when it happened?

Link Removed

Wow. What a horrible string of events. So what do you think? How many times have police officers claimed an exact similar circumstance (he was going for my gun) and the video shows differently? How much do we believe what the defendant says about what he/she perceived the situation to be?

I won't comment on what the video shows or doesn't show until the video is shown.

From the WaPo article:

In many ways, Friday’s shooting captures the crux of the debate over concealed weapons: Do they save lives, as Kim claimed, or do they simply create more crime?

I don't trust the cops to accurately characterize what the video shows, and I sure as heck don't trust the WaPo to put aside its obvious anti-gun agenda to report accurately what a video that they apparently haven't seen either, actually shows.

Do we take into account the past experiences of the defendant as related to what their perception at the time of the alleged offense might have been when it happened?

If the video is released, and if it essentially proves the veracity of the cops' and WaPo's characterizations of the incident, then of course Kim should be treated the same way cops who tell the same kinds of lies when they kill should be treated, and no, his past experience with his wife being shot is not relevant unless the facts of both incidents are largely similar. I guess the video will be in the public domain sometime before or during Kim's trial, and then we'll see if it's as cut-and-dried as the quoted cop represents. Hard to comment beyond general hypotheticals at this point though.

Blues

Can't say I've ever had that problem. Usually, I carry a device that renders me invisible to video and still photography, a gift for services past rendered from the black ops boys.:cool:

Howdy WD,

Can't say I've ever had that problem. Usually, I carry a device that renders me invisible to video and still photography, a gift for services past rendered from the black ops boys.:cool:

So, you're saying that in reality you are just a figment of someone's delusional and perverted imagination?

Paul

Howdy WD,

So, you're saying that in reality you are just a figment of someone's delusional and perverted imagination?

Paul

Delusion???

Could a perverted and demented mind live the kind of life I have? A life of big guns, fast cars, and even faster women

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back