Wheel Chair Adapters

SFC

If you are bound by a wheel chair and love to shoot or compete, you can now get the Wheel Chair Adapter from Brownell's. The adapter is used to hold your holster to the wheel chair frame and is legal to compete in NRA, USPSA, IDPA, IPSC, etc., tournament matches.

Thank you for posting that Information.My Cousin will be in a chair for a couple months due to Motorcycle Accident and we were just talking about mounting some type of holster.

We were going to use my Moose Utility holster off my ATV But your information seems to be a better Solution.Thanks Again

SFC, more info please!

I'm working on a disabled CCW class for Missouri and this would be quite useful as one aspect requires me to assign myself to a chair for an entire week to deal with the unique carry environment.

Here is a link

CQC HOLSTER WHEELCHAIR ADAPTER - Brownells

Summary from link:

Clamps to wheelchair frame to provide a secure holster mount that positions your pistol where you need it for fast access and smooth, consistent presentation. Aluminum backplate is pre-drilled to accept Blackhawk Standard CQC and SERPA® CQC belt loop holsters (available separately). Attach the holster to the backplate using the included screws, then snap the polymer adapter on the chair frame and fasten the hook-and-loop safety straps. Right- and left-hand models available

TM. I'm not sure how I feel about it being just for the Blackhawk Serpa and CQC holsters. I've got it in my brain that if someone is already in a wheelchair that adding a level of retention such as is in those types of holsters and quite a few others just isn't helping the issue.

My other thought is now, what if they get knocked from the chair. I like the product idea itself, but how to incorporate such an item to make it sensible without sacrificing certain aspects. Hmm.....

This process is going to be much more difficult than I imagined it would be. There are so many unique factors to consider.

TM. I'm not sure how I feel about it being just for the Blackhawk Serpa and CQC holsters. I've got it in my brain that if someone is already in a wheelchair that adding a level of retention such as is in those types of holsters and quite a few others just isn't helping the issue.

My other thought is now, what if they get knocked from the chair. I like the product idea itself, but how to incorporate such an item to make it sensible without sacrificing certain aspects. Hmm.....

This process is going to be much more difficult than I imagined it would be. There are so many unique factors to consider.

The adapters are designed to use with a Fobus style holster which is mounted to the adapter by screws that come with the adapter.

By knocking out of a chair is not as easy as one may think, although it can be done. I use a power chait and truth be told very difficult to knock me or anyone out of the chair. I am having rod made that fits to my power chair to mout the adapter at a local welding company, just make sure you take the adapter with you so they can bend the rod to fit the adapter.

If I know the wheel chair bound shooters, especially a veteran, he/she has a back up (BUG), knife, most likely a club of some sort, pepper spray with them all the time. Please do not think of us in wheel chairs are not capable of defending ourselves and we know how to survive.

Ramrunner, thanks for the link as this is where I purchased my adapter

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back