Whats the limit?

guttercat2000

hi all.
Great forum here. I have been lurking for a while now and learned a lot.
How ever I do have a question that I can't find an answer to.

How many pistols can a person have on a permit? My permit was issued in Niagara county.

thank you. dan

In Westchester only five at a a time can be listed on a single permit....but...you get a second permit listing five more..and so on. I know a guy that has 80 handguns and a stack of permits. Always seemed kind of dumb to do it that way. Slightly better is Dutchess County where you get one official permit and all others are supplemental permits that just list firearms. Can't really speak for Niagara, but thought this would be helpful while waiting for someone else to chime in. If not I would call the office that issues them in Niagara. They could tell you pretty quick.

Thank you for your reply.

I used to live in California and believe it or not it was much easier to own and purchase hand guns there.
Also the rules were the same throughout the whole state. None of this different rules for different county's
stuff.

thanx again for your answer. I will call the pistol permit office in Niagara co. to be sure.

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested. I spoke to pistol permit office in Niagara county today and was informed there is no limit on the number of handguns you can own.

Yea... NY is a Pain in the Ass... I have a summer home in Lewis County and I can't get a non resident to bring them over the border. :mad:

Just venting.. Not like it will matter...

Peace...

Just added another to my wifes Permit. They gave her a second card as the first ran out of room.
New backup card will hold 22 more handguns.

How many pistols can a person have on a permit? My permit was issued in Niagara county.

There's no limit. I have friends whose amendments are accordion folded from the back of their permits. Our clerk sometimes balks at adding too many at one time, but that's a workload issue, not a legal one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back