What would be your response?

Kneel and be beheaded or stand and at least fight back. As I said before, being armed makes it a lot harder for the BG's to take a well armed, well trained citizen down. Multiply this out and the better the citizens are trained and armed, the less crime that will prevail. STATS show just this. Those that want utopian lives have NEVER lasted or been available since the dawn of man (woman) (Adams rib, cheaper cut of meat) (JUST kidding).
Give this friend up or agree to understand that on this subject you're different. God Bless and good Luck.

Get rid of crime, drugs, alcohol, armed police, politicians, large predatory animals and ones that don't taste good and I'll get rid of my guns but none of that will occur here on prison planet so I'll keep mine until I transition to the spirit world. Your friend unfortunately will become prey for the desperate and /or criminal element.

I told her that I would get rid of my guns if she invented Star Trek's phasers.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

I told her that I would get rid of my guns if she invented Star Trek's phasers.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

If Phasers were available why would anyone set one to "kill" ? Just stun the guy and put him in cuffs (assuming you were a space cop of course)

If Phasers were available why would anyone set one to "kill" ? Just stun the guy and put him in cuffs (assuming you were a space cop of course)

Exactly! I'm not a cop, so I'll just stun the guy and leave him there. Call the cops later to go and get him. Maybe. :smile:

Who in their right mind would bring martial arts to a gunfight? It's too bad that she and multitudes like her have been programmed and conditioned by thought police. Never thinks outside the box, never deals with reality, or if she deals with reality, has a skewed sense of protection of self, almost as if looking at it afar, as it would never happen to her.

Why does every state in the union now have concealed carry licenses offered to the public? Answer; to keep from getting killed from insane people with guns, knives, bats, rakes, shovels, rocks, lawn mower blades, gasoline and matches, hands, feet, machetes, saws, nail guns, hammers, ice picks, arrows and bolts, molotov cocktails, steel toed boots, rope, belts, chainsaws, drills, explosives, chains, screwdrivers, and thousands more items used to kill/maim/torture.

Banning guns for the sake of reducing crime with guns doesn't help law-abiding citizens, or the incidence of murder, rape, home invasion, car jackings, armed robbery et al, because of one very important fact; criminals don't obey laws, and will find black market guns or whatever their "tool" of choice is to commit their crimes, or to commit suicide.

It's sad that kids find guns in the home and injure or kill themselves in the process. Squarely the parents' fault, but kids have been finding dangerous items and hurting/killing themselves on a regular basis; crossing the street, playground equipment, carnival rides, and hundreds of other items I won't list here. You cannot make the entire world safe, or cocoon kids and adults from harm and death.

Survival is at the top of my to do list. I'm going to be better armed than someone hell-bent on killing me or my family, and if that isn't enough, well, that's the way it is.

I sincerely hope your friend isn't victimized or murdered after being raped, or witnesses a felony in progress. I'm at a loss to figure-out her reasoning. We men and women have brains that are wired differently, so I'll leave it at that.

One final observation, and I don't mean this to be derogatory on any level, but I would never have a girlfriend, fiance, or wife whose logic and analytical skills are so crippled, and she would probably have no use for a boyfriend, fiance, or husband with my view of the real world, and how I deal with it.

One in six Australian women raped, putting Australia way above world average

AUSTRALIAN women are being sexually assaulted at twice the rate of women worldwide.

Despite our greater gender equality, we rank third after the war-torn Congo and the southern African nations of Namibia, South Africa and Zimbabwe for rates of sexual assault against women.

One in six Australian women have been the victim of a sexual assault by a non-partner, compared to one in 14 women around the world, a new study shows.

When sexual assaults by partners are included more than one in five — or 2.3 million.

^Note that pepper spray (except in one state), tasers etc. can not be carried or even kept at home.

Gun crime up 30% in Victoria

POLICE are seizing guns at an unprecedented rate amid deep alarm at the number of illegal firearms in the hands of criminals.

The rate of people caught illegally carrying and using guns in Victoria has jumped by 30 per cent in the past decade as black marketeers cash in.

Excerpts from articles/headlines.

Another night, another drive-by killing. Sydney is effortlessly maintaining its reputation as the national capital of things that go bang in the night.

THERE is a gun battle going on in Australia. As bikie gang members and drug dealers gun each other down on a regular basis, sending fear through the community, authorities seem to be fighting a losing battle to keep firearms out of their hands.

There has been a steady increase in gun-related crimes over the past seven years.

Year of the gun: 100 shootings and counting

Middle Eastern bikie gangs at war in Sydney

Police say they are sick and tired of gun violence in Sydney after another shooting overnight left four men in hospital.

The spiralling rise in shooting crimes in Sydney’s western suburbs requires strong and sustained political, community and police action to make suburbs safe for families.

Police described the murder in Strathfield as a targeted killing, the latest gun crime in a spate of 300 shootings mainly around Sydney's west since late 2011

^2013 article. The number is now well above 400, although some sources suggest the number is higher due to incidents not being reported, selective reporting, dubious police statistics etc.

We've had over 100 bikie murders Australia-wide, and there's been over 1000 shootings

^Excerpt from a 2012 documentary which looked into the biker gang culture in Australia.

Victoria's crime rate up for a third year

attachment.php

Or send her to this: Link Removed

Or this (from the UK): Gun crime soars by 35% | Mail Online

Usually she's willing to absorb short-term high death tolls for long term goals (I'm thinking that since she doesn't have kids herself she's willing to risk that)... I don't recall confiscations in Australia or anywhere else resulting in violence, but maybe Bundy Ranch will highlight the differences between here and there.
"Crocodile Dundee", the man who the movie was based on was killed when they came to take his firearms. He didn't want to give them up.

As an example to her proposed solution for allowing firearms to be held in gun clubs only and not in the home, I believe Mexico runs that way (very select citizens I'd choose). Seems to have worked well there to curb the violence. And that's a fairly long term experiment.

Does she understand that when she helps support trying to do away with one amendment of the constitution- she is allowing the govt to set precedence to doing away with others?

So in x amount of years from now- if or when the 2A has been done away with or over regulated beyond recognition: she's putting up/passing out pamphlets about saving whales- a LE will stop her and say- hey, stop doing that. And then for no reason at all- demands to search her purse. She resists. So he hauls her off to jail. And she sits there for six months- without being charged. During which- the govt houses soldiers from the nearby Air Force base in her home. Sounds ridiculous? Or impossible?

Why don't these anti gunners see that- "take away our guns" is what the govt does- prior to/justify taking away many other things.

Exactly! I'm not a cop, so I'll just stun the guy and leave him there. Call the cops later to go and get him. Maybe. :smile:
Well I would just use my Cold Plasma Liberal Mind-Meld gun to change him from a terrorist into a caring and compassionate individual devoid of bigotry, racism and bestowed with intellect above that of mortal man.

Loving all the ideas... Been trying to find a website I saw a while ago, but can't find it. Anyone remember who has been collecting self-defense stories and tracking them? I'm thinking the only way to counter "But banning guns will save people and here's the data!" is with "Here's a list of all the people that aren't dead because they had guns. And X% of them clearly couldn't have used less-lethal methods."

Link Removed

Gunssavelives

Also included are some stories where no shots are fired, the most common defensive gun use, almost never seen in the mainstream media. It is impossible to know accurately how many times the gun is never drawn, but stops the attack anyway.

Unreported – The Crime That Didn’t Happen
By MamaLiberty
Unreported ? The Crime That Didn?t Happen | The Price of Liberty

[h=1]History: Federal Government - Massacred 297 Women, Children and Men, while confiscating weapons to disarm the people in the United States in 1890![/h]http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/history-federal-government---massacred-297-women-children-and-men-while-confiscating-weapons-to-d/question-3546641/

Sure you can trust our Government! Just ask an Indian

I have to agree that there are some minds you cannot change and all the true, factual information is lost on them.

I may have related this before:

My mother was born in Yugoslavia in 1942 and her immediate and extended families endured truly horrific experiences as they made their way through Yugoslavia, through Germany to Dresden which they left 3 days before the fire bombing of the city, to their arrival and nearly 7 year stay in Austria before emigrating to the US in Feb 1952.

Why is this relevant? She and I argued the points of gun ownership, particularly handguns, last year around Christmas. After living through the worst period of destruction in the modern world she has become the sheep that most of us abhor. She has become comfortable with her safe life in a small midwest town and believes guns have only one purpose and that is to kill people. She has forgotten the horrors people suffered after being disarmed and I directly pointed that out. She said she has nothing so valuable that a life should be taken in trying to protect it. I was totally astonished and said 'even your life?' 'or mine, or my family's?' I think it sank in just a little. I went on and made the point that by her argument and reasoning, someone entering my home intent on doing harm shouldn't be killed, but she hadn't considered if I was not able to arm myself and I was killed, what impact on my wife, my daughter, my sister and brothers, and even she herself would it have. I asked her if she would rather have me dead or a criminal dead. I swear to God she can not make herself believe that crimes happen to real people and its not just faceless people on the news...

Last thing I did was pull my .40 from its holster and told her that she was never so safe as the times when we were together while I was armed to protect her, my family and myself. I think she was stunned by that idea, though certainly not intimidated by the weapon.

Upside is that she completely accepts me bringing any amount of weapons 'home' for the weekend, holidays, family visits with brothers, etc. who may want to go do some shooting when we get together. I don't think she'll ever own a gun or want to believe that it is her responsibility to protect herself. So where does that leave her? I don't think I'll ever change her mind, perhaps the horrors and aftermath of WWII have affected her in ways that I or maybe she will never understand. But, while she believes no one should own handguns, she compromises that principle every time she openly welcomes me into her home, armed. Only 3 weeks ago out of respect for her I asked if it were ok to bring in a weapon, and she affirmed that it was 'always ok'. Go figure.

Maybe there is an approach you can put together out of some of these posts that will get her to think. It ain't gonna happen overnight:). Good luck.
-d

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back