CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

What was he thinking!

When officers violate the public's trust, they should be punished. This is going to affect our 2A rights!

gf

U.S. is investigating LAPD officer - Los Angeles Times

Bugs Bunny said it best, "What a Maroon."

Seriously, how dumb can one guy be?

The official said Baltazar did not have a department-issued off-duty work permit, which is required for officers who work second jobs. Now can i ask why they have to Get a Permit to work another job? Is that not there right to do so? They are off the clock and are not in uniform. I mean if someone is going to work as a drug enforcer in there off time. It's not like they are going to put that down when they fill out the permit. This guy is lucky that the ammo did not go off and put a hole in the aircraft.

Infidel- From the original text:
Michael Gennaco, head of the Office of Independent Review at the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, said most major law enforcement agencies have strict policies regarding outside work by officers "because they don't want their people engaged in illegal activity or activity that's detrimental to the reputation of the department."

When officers working second jobs don't obtain permits, it makes it difficult for department officials to assess whether the work they are doing is consistent with the principles of their law enforcement day jobs, Gennaco said.

I agree. When I worked for the Sheriff Dept. they had similar requirements and the police here does like wise. I think that is pretty typical.

What was he thinking?

Another reason departments require permits for moonlighting is that they do not want the officers working when fatigued. A city cop in Indianapolis has a shop where he makes leather gear custom designed for LEOs. He has his permit plainly posted in his shop, along with a note, "I applied for bank robbery, but the captain said that would put me in a higher tax bracket." ROFLMAO

My department also requires this. Supposedly this is for several reasons: insurance issues (hurt on other job), to make sure that the second job doesnt interfere with the primary, to make sure that the other job "withheld the department image".

After all who wants one of the states finest getting caught making ends meet by being a piano player at a ho house.:wink:

With great power, comes great responsibility. Public employees are more accountable than others - most departments don't want their uniforms, equipment and cars to be used for just anything unless they have a say in approving it.

Email