what should i do now?

Hey Princess.....Gun fever, I'll say. I'm better now. Nothing in particular that I want or need at the moment. I told you at the range last week that all the chatter about you getting the sheild or the M&P got me to thinking about something full size. Oh well, I'm really enjoying myself and the hobby and the people I have met through this. See you at noon.

Hey Princess, I have not mentioned it before, because I dont know you finances, but you would do well to give some thought to a compact or mid size 1911, yes they are 45s but carry very well, and a good brand will last forever, lifetime warranty, ammos is not that bad if you buy right, and you cannot argue with the intimadation factor of looking at the business end of a 45........just something for thought

Link Removed

Hey All.......We were using a different target today, princess shot first and this photo is from her first mag with the LC9. I believe it's a six inch circle but might be a little larger. Anyways her first shot was way low. I saw her shake her head, adjust her feet, relax her shoulders and she re aimed and...........The range was busy today and there was an instructor in there just keeping an eye on things. He was standing beside me watching her as well. When she fired her last round he looked at me and said Holy S---. Very warm in the range today so we didn't stay that long but she did fine, mostly a 12 to 14 inch grouping over all with the occasional ones getting away from her. We'll blame it on the moving target caused by the AC vent blowing directly above and wasn't doing much good for the temperature.

I bought a Ruger P95 yesterday, The guy at the gun shop assured me that I would like it and for a range gun I would not be disappointed. I didn't mention what I actually bought in the post last night because I wasn't 100% convinced I hadn't wasted 350 bucks and didn't want to hear any negatives before I shot the thing. There were motives for buying it which I'm not going to mention right now, some of you might figure it out, but I let princess shoot it and she did fine with it, still maintained the grouping of the LC9. It's a little different from what she is used to and it was just way to noisy to explain to her the do's and don'ts with it. We talked after we got out side where we could hear and she commented about the lack of re-coil the larger frame pistol had compared to the LC9.

As for the P95, holy crap, it took me two hundred rounds to get used to my M&P 40C. I was able to maintain a 6 to 8 inch grouping right from the first mag, even one handed. No it will never be a carry gun but at the moment all I can say is that it was fun. Going to strip it apart tonight to see what the 100 rounds did to the insides.

Princess told me when we left the range today that she was going to the gun shop and was going to purchase a gun today. Let's wish her luck.

Go go SP!

Let us see what you picked out. As we say over on the CMP forums; "Pics or it didn't happen!" =D

What did ya get SP?

Enquiring minds want to know :cool:

Bill,

I can relate to your fever!
I recently dropped some serious coin on parts & pieces to build a .308 long range setup.
I'll put it together next weekend and post some pictures.

What did ya get SP?

Bill,

I recently dropped some serious coin on parts & pieces to build a .308 long range setup.
I'll put it together next weekend and post some pictures.[/QUOTE

It's fun and occupies our time.Looking forward to seeing the photos of the 308

Go go SP!

Let us see what you picked out. As we say over on the CMP forums; "Pics or it didn't happen!" =D
Hi Numenor! You aren't seeing pics at the moment because it didn't happen today. Now I am considering on purchasing the Beretta px4 storm compact 9mm, it has the manual safety. The M&P 9mmc didn't have an external safety. :)

What did ya get SP?

Bill,

I'll put it together next weekend and post some pictures.[/QUOTE

It's fun and occupies our time.Looking forward to seeing the photos of the 308

Hi Bill, I didn't make a purchase today, the guys there were very friendly. I told them you referred me. Hoping you receive a discount on future purchases. What do you think about the Beretta px4 storm compact. This is one I am considering on purchasing, kind of disappointed the M&P full size had a safety, but the compact didn't. The clerk showed me how very easy the safety disengages. Which it might as well not even have a manual safety. Seems like S&W made an error. Hope to make a purchase tomorrow. I will keep you posted. :)

What did ya get SP?

Bill,

I'll put it together next weekend and post some pictures.

Hi Sir Diealotz! I haven't made a purchase as of now. This is to funny, seems like everyone thinks I made a purchase today..haha, I did go to the gunshop and saw a cute Beretta px4 storm. Maybe I will go back and get it tomorrow. Would like to know what you think?? :)
if anyone on the site has an opinion,

Hey Princess, I have not mentioned it before, because I dont know you finances, but you would do well to give some thought to a compact or mid size 1911, yes they are 45s but carry very well, and a good brand will last forever, lifetime warranty, ammos is not that bad if you buy right, and you cannot argue with the intimadation factor of looking at the business end of a 45........just something for thought
Hi Rocketgeezer! Thanks but I am certain I wish to go with the 9mm. Yea the 45 intimdates me just hearing it roar at the range. Even today it was so loud and I have to admit, it makes me nervous. Is this the same weapon Clint Eastwood carried in his movies??? :)

Hey Princess.....Gun fever, I'll say. I'm better now. Nothing in particular that I want or need at the moment. I told you at the range last week that all the chatter about you getting the sheild or the M&P got me to thinking about something full size. Oh well, I'm really enjoying myself and the hobby and the people I have met through this. See you at noon.
Yes Bill, you may not want to buy anything, anytime soon. Unless you purchase one of the gun safes. :)

My personal feeling is to NOT have any secondary safety that is any sort of switch. In a high-stress situation coordination goes right out the window and the less time or actions needed to bring the firearm to bear the better.

This said, my XD has a secondary safety on it, and I really do prefer it to something like a Glock that only has the trigger safety. However, it is a grip safety... No switch for me to fiddle with if I need to pull my firearm.

I bought a Ruger P95 yesterday, The guy at the gun shop assured me that I would like it and for a range gun I would not be disappointed. I didn't mention what I actually bought in the post last night because I wasn't 100% convinced I hadn't wasted 350 bucks and didn't want to hear any negatives before I shot the thing. There were motives for buying it which I'm not going to mention right now, some of you might figure it out, but I let princess shoot it and she did fine with it, still maintained the grouping of the LC9. It's a little different from what she is used to and it was just way to noisy to explain to her the do's and don'ts with it. We talked after we got out side where we could hear and she commented about the lack of re-coil the larger frame pistol had compared to the LC9.

As for the P95, holy crap, it took me two hundred rounds to get used to my M&P 40C. I was able to maintain a 6 to 8 inch grouping right from the first mag, even one handed. No it will never be a carry gun but at the moment all I can say is that it was fun. Going to strip it apart tonight to see what the 100 rounds did to the insides.

I really doubt you'll ever be disappointed in that gun. I've been shooting a P85 for a couple years now, and I have absolutely zero complaints about it. My wife on the other hand... well, has small hands. Not a great gun for her.

Just want to let you guys know, I started the day with checking youtube videos on the px4 storm, I especially like ( hickok45 videos ). After sleeping on it I decided I like the features and went back to the gunshop this afternoon. Now I am a proud owner of the Beretta px4 storm subcompact. Haven't ever shot one before, kind of disappointed Eagle One didn't have one to rent,The price marked on the shelf was lower than the price marked on the box. So the clerk gave it to me for the lower price. I can't say enough on how knowledgeable and friendly everyone was. Bill I made sure to mention your name again, hope it helps for your future purchases. Also if you have time this week we can go over to the range and see what it can do, plus you can take a picture of it for me to post, if you don't mind. :)

Go SP! Now comes the next part.... Practice practice practice.
Thanks...I have a membership at the range, so I will not have any excuse to practice often...love the way the
px4 fits in my hand and I like the single action/ double action feature...I really believe this is the perfect handgun..:)

... For you. And in this case that is all that matters. =)

I for one am still very partial to the Springfield XD line, or a good old fashioned 1911. =D

When I shoot it...I hope it is accurate and the recoil isn't bad. Otherwise I may have to eat those words...a perfect handgun! :)

Hi Rocketgeezer! Thanks but I am certain I wish to go with the 9mm. Yea the 45 intimdates me just hearing it roar at the range. Even today it was so loud and I have to admit, it makes me nervous. Is this the same weapon Clint Eastwood carried in his movies??? :)

Thats cool, a 9mm is cheaper if you shoot a lot, but most 45s like 1911s the bigger size Glocks, the mid or full size XD, even in 45 ACP they don't have a bad recoil not that much more than a 9mm, depending on the gun, and Clint carryed a 44 magnum, this gun is a hoss, way, way, more than you would need or want for carry purposes, i have a S&W 686 (357 MAG), which I carry from time to time but not often, I'm a semi auto guy prefering 45s and 40s, but I do carry my XD-9 a lot, if your really stuck on haveing a 9mm, I would still try for Glock 19, XD-9C, Ruger SR9C, S&W M&P 9 compact, all very comfortable to carry, affordable, and bullit proof, so to speak,

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back