what should i do now?

Hey she's a women, and they are entitled to be picky........LOL,.......seriously I just hope she does not have another bad encounter while deciding on a firearm
Hi Rocketgeezer! To bad I can't find a Shield...hopefully I do not have a bad encounter either...the one big thing I am really concerned with at the moment is the car thieves, in the neighborhood. :)

So SP... narrowed your handgun choices down yet? Getting close to a decision?
Hi Numenor! I wish to see the shield but there isn't any to be found... So I am going to have to purchase something different. Maybe the lc9 because I have enough practice and it is familiar. :)

I went to the gun show yesterday. I got to handle a S&W Shield, a Beretta Nano, and a Springfield Armory XD S. they are all VERY tiny. Especially the XD-S. I have very large hands and even though I never thought I would never say this, but I have to say that there IS such a thing as too small. If you have small hands, the XD-S is for you. The one I saw was $530.
My favorite small guns are the Colt New Agent, the Glock G36, and the Kimber Solo (assuming that you can find one that works.) The Kimber's are grotesquely overpriced and have issues, but they have all the great handling qualities of the 1908 Colt's and the controls of the 1911. They would be perfect if they were reliable and priced about $650-$675.

I went to the gun show yesterday. I got to handle a S&W Shield, a Beretta Nano, and a Springfield Armory XD S. they are all VERY tiny. Especially the XD-S. I have very large hands and even though I never thought I would never say this, but I have to say that there IS such a thing as too small. If you have small hands, the XD-S is for you. The one I saw was $530.
My favorite small guns are the Colt New Agent, the Glock G36, and the Kimber Solo (assuming that you can find one that works.) The Kimber's are grotesquely overpriced and have issues, but they have all the great handling qualities of the 1908 Colt's and the controls of the 1911. They would be perfect if they were reliable and priced about $650-$675.
Hi fudo! Wow the gunshow you went to had a S&W Shield??? I was beginning to think they were like the enchanting rare unicorn..haha ..The one I went to didn't have any. So this means I may find one here soon, possibly. Did you buy anything at the gunshow??? I checked the Colt New Agent on the web, I will look for it at the gunshop, pretty sure it is probably more than I wish to pay. :)

Hi fudo! Wow the gunshow you went to had a S&W Shield??? I was beginning to think they were like the enchanting rare unicorn..haha ..The one I went to didn't have any. So this means I may find one here soon, possibly. Did you buy anything at the gunshow??? I checked the Colt New Agent on the web, I will look for it at the gunshop, pretty sure it is probably more than I wish to pay. :)

The New Agent runs about $950 The Defender is the same gun with 3 dot sights. They are worth the money. I bought a Browning Buckmark .22 pistol with an AIM red/green illuminated sight.

Hi Rocketgeezer! To bad I can't find a Shield...hopefully I do not have a bad encounter either...the one big thing I am really concerned with at the moment is the car thieves, in the neighborhood. :)

Have you shot the shield? if not please do so before you buy, please don't buy because its the hottest thing on the market at the moment, the small frame guns such as the Shield, XDS, Bersa 9cc are all great for concealed carry but not realy much fun at the range, they will get irritating after a few shots, to small to get a good grip on, if you want a gun that you can carry, go to the range, and clean and take care fairly easly, you need one that you will be comfortable with, I believe you would do better with a XD-9C, Glock 19, or Ruger SR-9C, they still conceal well, but are big enough to be used comfortably, and shoot all day at the range and not hurt........and one other thing...I.S.W.L.T.K.Y.N....LOL

Have you shot the shield? if not please do so before you buy, please don't buy because its the hottest thing on the market at the moment, the small frame guns such as the Shield, XDS, Bersa 9cc are all great for concealed carry but not realy much fun at the range, they will get irritating after a few shots, to small to get a good grip on, if you want a gun that you can carry, go to the range, and clean and take care fairly easly, you need one that you will be comfortable with, I believe you would do better with a XD-9C, Glock 19, or Ruger SR-9C, they still conceal well, but are big enough to be used comfortably, and shoot all day at the range and not hurt........and one other thing...I.S.W.L.T.K.Y.N....LOL
Hi rocketgeezer! I haven't been anywhere near a shield, but I saw it on the video and the review was excellent. Thanks I will look into these you mentioned also. I would love to have my own weapon by this weekend. But it needs to be something I am happy with. Maybe I will still buy the shield when they are available. But for now I really need somthing soon. :)

Hi rocketgeezer! I haven't been anywhere near a shield, but I saw it on the video and the review was excellent. Thanks I will look into these you mentioned also. I would love to have my own weapon by this weekend. But it needs to be something I am happy with. Maybe I will still buy the shield when they are available. But for now I really need somthing soon. :)

What happened to the M&P Compact? :( It never forgot about you lol :p

What happened to the M&P Compact? :( It never forgot about you lol :p

Have not found a good enough deal yet, have not shelved the idea, but I geuss I don't need it bad enough to pay posted price, I'l get one one of these days, besides I'm kinda likeing my G-27, made my own mag floor plate so it fits my screwed up hand great,

Have not found a good enough deal yet, have not shelved the idea, but I geuss I don't need it bad enough to pay posted price, I'l get one one of these days, besides I'm kinda likeing my G-27, made my own mag floor plate so it fits my screwed up hand great,

My post was directed at SP lol She was talking about getting a M&P Compact earlier.

Went to my local gun shop today, I know I have spent way too much money in there when I walk in the door and am greeted by name. I just went in there to get a few speed loaders for the .38, naturally I looked at the gun selection while there. Got to talking to the guy about what I was interested in with that being a full size 9mm just for target practice. Didn't want high dollar, just reliable and fun. So he pointed out and recomended one in particular and the price was real good and I thought about it, went back to the office and thought some more, pulled up a few reviews and dammit back to the gun shop I went. going to have to slow down for a while though. Gun cabinet is full. The wife will start complaining if I have to start stashing my guns in the dresser. So the next purchase. A bigger gun safe. Haha!!!

So, Princess....Looks like I can can fit a little range time in tomorrow at noon. Do you want to go?

Went to my local gun shop today, I know I have spent way too much money in there when I walk in the door and am greeted by name. I just went in there to get a few speed loaders for the .38, naturally I looked at the gun selection while there. Got to talking to the guy about what I was interested in with that being a full size 9mm just for target practice. Didn't want high dollar, just reliable and fun. So he pointed out and recomended one in particular and the price was real good and I thought about it, went back to the office and thought some more, pulled up a few reviews and dammit back to the gun shop I went. going to have to slow down for a while though. Gun cabinet is full. The wife will start complaining if I have to start stashing my guns in the dresser. So the next purchase. A bigger gun safe. Haha!!!

So, Princess....Looks like I can can fit a little range time in tomorrow at noon. Do you want to go?

One of these days I should drive down from Richmond and meet up with you both at the range. =)

Thanks Bill for this nice compliment...more impressed with your skills than mine.......glad I purchased the range membership...maybe I can find another shooting partner... oh yea I was going to tell you the LP guy who spoke with me a couple of days ago, doesn't know anything about guns. For some reason I thought all men knew about guns...dumb me...:)

Right,like all men know about cars,dont believe that one either

Hi Rocketgeezer! I am going to take a vacation in mid-October. I have plans to come to Tennessee, hope to see a gunshop on the way...:)

Hi Bill, You definitely have gun fever...hahaha...Of course I would love to go ...I have to make good use of my membership. hahaha.. See you at noon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back