what makes the ultimate cleanig kit

sigsight90

i was wonderin what would make the ultimate cleaning kit i have a 40. n whish on getting on new 9 got this new range bag too very nice wana fill it with just the right things ..ive seen cleaing kits idividual bottles from lubes n oils to synthetics cleaners n solvents bores wire brushs brass n aluminum kits etc.should i build my own kit or buy a kit n e help p.s first nice handgun and plan to keep it like that with n advice would be nice:)

All of the kinds of items you mention are useful at home, various brushes, multiple bottles of solvents and oils etc., but in a range or field bag, it sounds like more than you need to lug around to me. I carry with me just enough to keep my guns functioning. A small field kit with a rod, a brush for each caliber you're shooting, a few patches, and a small bottle of solvent is more than enough stuff to take to the range. Really, for me, that is too much stuff to take to the range. I keep a Bore Snake in my vehicle for each caliber I either carry or take to the range. That's it. The only reason I recommend more stuff for you is that you say you're getting a new weapon, and you may need to use a rod to push a stuck shell out of a chamber or something. That's happened to me, but only with one weapon ever, and I've been shooting for more than 40 years. I only do deep cleaning at home, after my time at the range.

If you were referring to a bug-out-bag or survival gear of some sort, then I'd go with the small field kit. Unless you have a large collection of guns though, I can't conceive of needing one of those fancy kits with every cleaning tool under the sun nicely fit into their felt-covered cut-outs in a bulky wooden case, even at home, but definitely not at the range, IMHO.

Blues

Hoopes has a nice cleaning kit for pistols. You get a cleaning rod, oil, bore cleaner, patches. I got one for about $7 at Walmart.

nice nice sounds good thanks on that yeah i wanted a bag with my guns adding a second addition and all my cleaning/polishing,blueing,ammo,targets,hearing,eye protection,hand sanatizer etc. but yeah now thinking about it i should gt 2 bags range and make one of these "bug out bags" with all n extra essentials...wallmart huh ima have to stop n check it out.. thanks again fo advice

I like the small cleaning kits made by Otis. I want a kit that won't be left behind because of the size.

thanks i like the otis kits but kinda expensive ive been looking at outers hopppes gunslick n others im going to go with mill comm i got a sig nd i just got one pistol right now ima just build it from the ground up thanks alot tho for your inputs

I'm still trying to fathom Otis cleaning kits and the technology they use. Those pull cords seem so assbackwards to me; but I've only been doing this for more than 50 years. My idea of a great pistol cleaning kit? A metal cleaning rod that's fitted with an appropriate phospher-bronze brush; and a large bag of caliber-specific cotton patches.

(Above 22 LR caliber I throw the slotted tips away and simply wrap the patch around the brush's head. This gets the barrel much cleaner, much faster, and with a lot less effort, too!)

Doesn't matter to me what cleaning solution is used: Ballistol, Break-Free CLP, Weapon Shield, Ezzox, Hoppe's Foam, or a bottle of Wal-Mart Pharmacy Mineral Oil with a shot glass of 70% rubbing alcohol added to it. (And labeled, 'Toxic' - OK!)

What is the pistol cleaning kit I carry and use most often? This -

Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back