What happened to blues?

r1derbike

Blues, hope your treatment is not crippling your presence here.

We're behind you, buddy. Please start feeling better. Feeling worse before feeling better is hard to swallow.

Blues, hope your treatment is not crippling your presence here.

We're behind you, buddy. Please start feeling better. Feeling worse before feeling better is hard to swallow.

Thanks man. Last dose was yesterday, and each day of the last week has been worse than the day before, today included. Not sure how long it will take for the side effects to calm down, but hopefully each day will be a little better than the last from here on out. I've been reading here regularly for the last week or three, but yeah, posting a lot would've been a bad idea as keeping a focused train of thought between trips to and from the john was a little more challenge than I was up for. Two bits of great and good news respectively; 1) It worked. 2) I dropped a bunch of poundage (just shy of 50 lbs.).

Don't worry - this time next month or a couple of months from now, you'll be wishing I'd pipe down again! LOL Thanks for your concern. I'll be OK....sometime.

Blues

Get well soon! May the Angels that protect all of us on this forum relieve your Angels as needed so that they can Heal and Protect you thru this difficult time.

Don't worry - this time next month or a couple of months from now, you'll be wishing I'd pipe down again! LOL Thanks for your concern. I'll be OK....sometime.

Blues

I had noticed that the posts you have made have been pretty concise compared to your usual novels! :wink:
Get well!

On a side note, I had elbow surgery last November that wouldn't heal, then another in February to "fix" it. As I type I have a picc line in my arm and am going through a 3 week "self IV" thing to pump super antibiotics right into my heart. Fun times to be had by all, but I think I can empathize with you rather than just sympathize. I hate doctors...

On a side note, I had elbow surgery last November that wouldn't heal, then another in February to "fix" it. As I type I have a picc line in my arm and am going through a 3 week "self IV" thing to pump super antibiotics right into my heart. Fun times to be had by all, but I think I can empathize with you rather than just sympathize. I hate doctors...

I am always careful not to allow hate to enter my heart, but I so well-understand this.

In 2002 I had almost identical back surgery to what Rhino is recuperating from right now. Right after surgery I had the two surgeons, my family doctor and the pain clinic doctors all competing for control of my life (at least that's the way it felt). I also had a physical therapy clinic in the mix. At about four months into recovery I foolishly decided to combine the old treatment that I just finished a new treatment for addressing the condition that I successfully treated this time, but obviously failed at treating back then. Between the pain meds and the debilitating side-effects of the then-48-week treatment, plus doctors literally scolding me like a child for taking the advice of one of the other doctors ruining...err...running my life at the time, it drove me pretty crazy. When I decided that I was done with the doctors, I quit the treatment and the pain meds at the same time, at about 9 months post-surgery, well short of the 48 week treatment cycle. I went cold turkey off the pain meds to avoid having to deal anymore with the hacks at the pain clinic, and didn't see another doctor for over five years, at which time I tried the old treatment again to a failed conclusion after the full 48 week cycle. Then I just reconnected with my family doc whom I have always liked and trusted since first starting going to her in like '98 or so. I didn't even know that there was a new and nearly 100% effective treatment until my cousin, who has/had the same condition, called me to tell me that he was taking it and was cured less than four weeks into his 12-week cycle. That was in like February I guess, and I started the treatment in May as he was finishing up, fully cured and luckily for him, complaining of very few side-effects like I ended up having the worst case of all the potential ones listed in the literature. But oh well, it worked, and I'm starting to feel a bit better, as this "novel" might indicate. LOL

But yeah, I get not liking doctors running your life. I've only had one appointment with the treatment doctor, and will have my second final evaluation with him about 10 days from now, and then I'll be done with him. I pray that I never need to add another doctor to my Contacts List again. I really don't like or trust them either, though I have nothing negative to say about either of the two I've dealt with this year.

Blues

Howdy Blues,

Get well soon Buddy! I didn't realize you were having health issues.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Paul

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back