What do y'all ......

SGB

.... think of this design? I need to tweak the stitch line and a few other small things but overall I think this ones a winner. The gun carries high and tight but clears leather quickly and smoothly.

bfg85x.jpg

30biufc.jpg

I've tried making high ride holsters, I could not get it to be stable do to the weight being so top heavy. How does it carry?

As far as craftsmanship and design, top notch! Wouldn't expect less from seeing your other holsters.

Some questions if you don't mind:

Do you get cow or horse hide? Or other?
What weight oz leather do you use?
Do you hand stitch? Or machine stitch?

I've tried making high ride holsters, I could not get it to be stable do to the weight being so top heavy. How does it carry?

With a properly stiff gun belt it carry's just right, like most higher riding holsters it would definitely flop on a wimpy belt.

Do you get cow or horse hide? Or other?
What weight oz leather do you use?
Do you hand stitch? Or machine stitch?

I'm using a 8/9oz Drum dyed cowhide and it's hand stitched.

what secures it? Just "fit" of leather to gun? that is gone in a few hundred draws, you know. Best design was Milt Sparkes, with a tapered, slotted welt that you can loosen a screw on, shove the welt up more tightly against the gun, and then tighten, the screw, holding more tension against the gun. To stiffen a holster, use 2 thicknesses of heavy leather, or 2 thicknesses of thinner leather, with stiffening material (sometimes metal) in between them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back