What Apps protect you? Android/iPhone

FloridaBlue

I am curious as to what apps you guys use in case of an encounter with a civilian or LEO carry or non carry related. I have seen many stories of audio/video mysteriously disappearing so I have been looking into cloud streaming and backup so if the original copy gets deleted on the phone it's backed up to another server where it can't be deleted without the proper passwords.

For my android phone so far I like QIK for video recording and streaming plus the automatic backup is a bonus and tape-a-talk for audio recording. I also like scanner radio and Trapster to keep abreast of my surroundings.

So what do you guys/gals use? Please mention whether your on Android or iPhone as well.

My App's that protects me is;
1.) God
I turn my Life and will over to him daily. Asking only for his Guidance and Strength.
2.) 1911A1 Springfield
Cocked & Locked with JHP, 2 x Mag back up
3.) Training received over the years, both Military and Private

Download Time: 52 1/2 Years.

My App's that protects me is;
1.) God
I turn my Life and will over to him daily. Asking only for his Guidance and Strength.
2.) 1911A1 Springfield
Cocked & Locked with JHP, 2 x Mag back up
3.) Training received over the years, both Military and Private

Download Time: 52 1/2 Years.

Those are the same ones I use. God will see you through.

There is a free anti viral/spyware but from the reviews no one as of now is writing any malware... did this on my Acer a500 droid 3 os...

For real guys, did anyone actually read the original post? I'm a minister but the Jesus answer to a question about iPhone video/audio apps is less than productive...I would also like to hear an actual answer to what is a very good question if someone has something to share

I asked a few friends who do civil disobedience activism (not an endorsement or condemnation of that but they use it ALOT) and they normally use qik.

OK, I get that this topic is in the Off topic section but can we PLEASE try and stay on point. If your religious great if not great but I am not asking for that kind of information. To those of who you are trying to get this back on topic, Thank you!

Truck, I am in Florida which is a Non OC state but will be returning to Ohio which is OC so I want to be prepared. Scott, I have found QiK to be a very nice program to work with when it wants to work plus the automatic cloud backup seems to a huge bonus albeit a little slow. I have heard Fring is supposed to have descent video quality for dealing with interactions as well but don't know a whole lot about it at the moment.

The question was "What Apps protect you?". I responded, although a bit tongue in cheek, with my reply. I did not suggest anyone else download, use, alter or abide by what I said. Also didn't preach or threaten anyone with damnation if they didn't follow my app. In no way suggested anyone follow my beliefs.
My suggestion would be get over yourselves and have a little levity, for "GOD'S sake". Opps, there I go again, mentioning the "G" word.
We now return to regularly scheduled programming.

I too have been wondering what apps to use.... I have "Cop Recorder" (android) and it works well enough as an audio recorder, but it doesnt automatically upload. I would like to find out more about the "cloud" I know it is an online storage area, but have not found any free apps that utilize it.....

My phone is my back-up for voice recording though, for times when I forget an actual recorder. My favorite digital voice recorder is a small thumb-drive size mp3 player, it does an excellent job and is very easy to hide.

I am curious as to what apps you guys use in case of an encounter with a civilian or LEO carry or non carry related. I have seen many stories of audio/video mysteriously disappearing so I have been looking into cloud streaming and backup so if the original copy gets deleted on the phone it's backed up to another server where it can't be deleted without the proper passwords.

For my android phone so far I like QIK for video recording and streaming plus the automatic backup is a bonus and tape-a-talk for audio recording. I also like scanner radio and Trapster to keep abreast of my surroundings.

So what do you guys/gals use? Please mention whether your on Android or iPhone as well.

I also use QIK on my BlackBerry Bold 9650. The only thing I don't like about the BlackBerry version is that you have to set the "Connectivity Mode" to Off (Why is there even a off? The whole point of the app is to upload videos.), Use WiFi (only), or Use 3G Cellular (only). I have mine set for 3G, but I would like a fourth setting so that it would try Cellular first and if it wasn't available (Out of the Coverage area) it would fall back on to WiFi if available (or the other way around) and if neither is availible save and upload when one of the two are.

On my iPhone I have SpyCalc. SpyCalc -- Hide Pictures,Videos and more on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad It Looks like a calculator program, but it has a audio recorder built in that you can hide (as a calculator) while it is recording and you can set it to record up to 1 hour and 59 minutes. It doesn't "Cloud" the recording, but you have to have access to the program to delete the recording (password protected) or you have to wipe the iPhone. The app can be installed on an iPod Touch, but the older models don't have a mic. I also have the 5-0 Radio Pro app for my scanner feed software. It allows you to save several scanner feeds rather than making you rummage through the list every time. Best iPhone Apps - Smartest Apple Can also be used on an iPod Touch when connected to a WiFi.

While not an app, I do have a separate recorder that I carry on my belt and it records all day. I use it for mainly for my workplace because customers have lied to try to get me into trouble when I don't break the rules for them and I've used that recorder to show evidence that the customer is lying. I start it when I leave my house and I stop it when I get home. Everyday, everywhere I go. Work, Church, and play; if I'm away from home, it is recording.

So between the two cell phones and the recorder on my hip I've got just about everything covered.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back