Westchester Co. permit restrictions

BMW RIDER

i live in northern Westchester Co. and recently applied for my pistol permit. since applying for my NY permit i have applied and received an unrestricted permit from Utah. i have also applied for permits from ME, NH, FL, CT & AZ. it is my understanding that in West. Co. you will not be issued an unrestricted permit and when i picked up my paper work the detective advised me to apply for a target shooting and a hunting permit, which i did. when i am issued my NY permit and if/when it comes back T & H restricted is it somehow possible to have those restrictions removed based on the other unrestricted non-resident permits i have? i have heard various stories from it will never happen to maybe in three years West. will issue unrestricted permits. i am interested in hearing if any West. Co. residents have had the restrictions removed from there permits and if so how did you go about it.

i live in northern Westchester Co. and recently applied for my pistol permit. since applying for my NY permit i have applied and received an unrestricted permit from Utah. i have also applied for permits from ME, NH, FL, CT & AZ. it is my understanding that in West. Co. you will not be issued an unrestricted permit and when i picked up my paper work the detective advised me to apply for a target shooting and a hunting permit, which i did. when i am issued my NY permit and if/when it comes back T & H restricted is it somehow possible to have those restrictions removed based on the other unrestricted non-resident permits i have? i have heard various stories from it will never happen to maybe in three years West. will issue unrestricted permits. i am interested in hearing if any West. Co. residents have had the restrictions removed from there permits and if so how did you go about it.

As far as I know None resident permits have no restrictions unlike a resident permit. I know in NH none resident permits have no restrictions. NY is a commie state and you will never have a unrestricted permit unless you know someone in power or have a lot of money to grease the right wheels.

You have a better chance of finding Jimmy Hoffa. Unless you are retired LE, or know a judge, you will get a restricted target permit in Westchester. Is it right? No. Is it the way it is? Unfortunately for the foreseeable future, yes. My advice would be to move to another county in New York more favorable to your 2A rights.

As far as I know None resident permits have no restrictions unlike a resident permit. I know in NH none resident permits have no restrictions. NY is a commie state and you will never have a unrestricted permit unless you know someone in power or have a lot of money to grease the right wheels.

That is not true i have a CCW for catt county no restrictions, took 11 weeks to get... :biggrin:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back