went to the gun store with cash, still came home empty handed

Cotillion

I was dead set on blowing some cash today, yet not surprisingly I couldn't make up my mind. Does anyone else have this issue? I've been searching for weeks now yet I just can't commit! I was initially planning on getting a Springfield xd sub but the only one they had in stock was the floor model which looked like hell. That still bothers me that they sell the counter guns at the same price. The 19 on the barrel was literally almost unreadable. So then I looked at the lc9, Sr9c, Sig 290, db9, kahr cm9 and of course the glock 19/26. My beef with glock is the price tag. I know they are crazy reliable but not at 550-600. I'm a 450 kinda guy! I really want the db9 but I'm afraid it'll be a lemon. Oh the choices!

I was dead set on blowing some cash today, yet not surprisingly I couldn't make up my mind. Does anyone else have this issue? I've been searching for weeks now yet I just can't commit! I was initially planning on getting a Springfield xd sub but the only one they had in stock was the floor model which looked like hell. That still bothers me that they sell the counter guns at the same price. The 19 on the barrel was literally almost unreadable. So then I looked at the lc9, Sr9c, Sig 290, db9, kahr cm9 and of course the glock 19/26. My beef with glock is the price tag. I know they are crazy reliable but not at 550-600. I'm a 450 kinda guy! I really want the db9 but I'm afraid it'll be a lemon. Oh the choices!

Maybe you are going to the wrong gun store. I've never paid more that 450.00 (before taxes) for a new Glock. Shop around you might can find a deal.

Also, if you don't want to buy the "counter gun" (I'd want a discount for one that had been beat up too, even if it is "new".) would they let you pay for one and just order it for you? The store that I frequent ordered a PF-9 for me and I paid for it and I got it 2 weeks later. They had six in stock, and offered me a discount on one of the 6, but I wanted a particular color and they had to hunt around their distributors for it. I paid full retail for it, but I got what I wanted.

I usually bring my pet octopus with me to the gun store and let him pick if I can't make up my mind. Happens more than you think. Gets kind of pricey when he grabs 5 or 6 guns.

There is 1 more store in the area I'm gonna check out tomorrow but so far the cheapest glocks I've found were 499 for gen 3 or 569 for gen 4.

The primary reason why I stay out of gun stores recently. I already have three guns that stay in the safe except for bi-monthly "fam firing".

Trouble is, I have a Battalion sized appetite on a Platoon sized budget.

Bad as the Dept of Def. (LOL!)

GG

I've made many a firearm purchase at the last moment. I'll go in to the gun shop with a few ideas in mind, and usually make the choice by saying "ah phuck it, I'll take this one"... hasn't led me wrong yet. :)

My wife asks me why do you need more guns? You only have two hands. My reply, "How many pair of shoes do you own?" (About thirty pairs at last count) Far exceeds my collection!

The problem is my goal was 1 handgun, 1 shotgun and 1 rifle. The 1 handgun goal just can't work due to size and capacity. I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to carry guns so ill most likely end up with a pocket 9 and a xd sub

"Your beef with Glock is the price tag?"
At the risk of having a bunch of cookies thrown at me, I will have to disagree with you.
I have purchased numerous Glocks over a span of 21 years and the price on them has remained pretty steady.
They are definately worth the price of admission i.m.h.o.
Get yourself a Glock, you will not be disappointed.
Good luck to you.

"Your beef with Glock is the price tag?"
At the risk of having a bunch of cookies thrown at me, I will have to disagree with you.
I have purchased numerous Glocks over a span of 21 years and the price on them has remained pretty steady.
They are definately worth the price of admission i.m.h.o.
Get yourself a Glock, you will not be disappointed.
Good luck to you.

+1 on this.

Although I don't currently own a Glock (had a 36 a while back) I believe that they're probably the best value out there as far as handguns go.

I completely agree about them being reliable and worth the price, I'm just such a tight ass I could never see myself spending over 500 bucks on anything that isn't a house or car. It's also hard for me to purchase something I don't use very often due to ammo costs. Hell I was even considering a beretta bobcat just so I could shoot it 500 times a week haha

If you cant decide, here is an idea. Do something different for Christmas. Buy SANTA a new 30-30 lever action Henry or Marlin!

Well I'm glad I held out, I got a screaming deal on a s&w 642 for 300 bucks including a holster. I was seriously considering a db9 but I'm glad I didn't. Less worry about my gun jamming in that dreadful situation. Everything I read about the db9 makes me wonder how anyone could carry it comfortably. From what I've gathered if there's any limp wrist the gun doesn't go boom and unfortunately not every self defense situation allows you to stand there two handed in a military stance.

Well I'm glad I held out, I got a screaming deal on a s&w 642 for 300 bucks including a holster. I was seriously considering a db9 but I'm glad I didn't. Less worry about my gun jamming in that dreadful situation. Everything I read about the db9 makes me wonder how anyone could carry it comfortably. From what I've gathered if there's any limp wrist the gun doesn't go boom and unfortunately not every self defense situation allows you to stand there two handed in a military stance.

S&W makes excellent small frame revolvers.
Best of luck and be safe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back