Went Scouting for Deer and all I got was a Wooly Worm

golocx4

Got Beretta's?
Western New York SE of Buffalo.

Been Scouting my property for signs or lack of signs. My creek is dried up, and I find very few deer signs.
The only signs i found were a pair of tracks, one was really tiny, must have been from a fawn and mom I saw 2 weeks ago, fawn was very young and still had white spots. First for me seeing a fawn in October with spots.
I put out my trail cam for 2 days and got nothing.
I moved it to a known trail.
Went out today to check it, wind was in my face, practicing stalking and about half way there, whoosh crackle, a red fox jumps up about 6 feet away from me. (scared the cr_p out of me actually)
I figured that if I was able to walk up on a fox up to six feet I must have been pretty quiet.
Checked the trail cam, Nothing.
In past years that trail was a deer superhighway, this year nothing. Hopefully things will get better when the weather changes. Abnormally warm again this year.

Saw several wooly worms that have about 20% Black on the rear, 60% brown in middle and 20% black on head end.
I have no idea what in the heck that means but I am sure it means either a bad winter or an easy winter and I have 50% chance of being right.Link Removed

Maybe the coming storm front has the deer moving in a different path. I saw a spotted fawn last month, and I think you're right about that being late for a fawn. Nice woolly bear! Did you get him with a BB or a pellet?

Nice woolly bear! Did you get him with a BB or a pellet?
We have had reports in our area about man eating wooly bears so I used Double 00 Buck...........
.....Magnum! Wasn't taking any chances.
Then I finally got some activity.
Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back