Well this forum is dead.

S&WM&P40

What happend to all my fellow Vermonters who use to be on the forum??

Wilmington. Home of Dot's!

Cool, I was in that area a lot when I was a Comcast contractor. I perfered that area over Brattleboro area and MA,LOL. Loved the job becasue it allowed me to meet so many new people, hated my employer and as it turns out so did Comcast. They pulled the whole state of Vermont from them and all their NH contracts.

Not much happens in VT, that is mostly good!
Currently Rutland, been to every town in the state, I think! The Northeast Kingdom is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello there!
Burlington Vermont is going to try and pass their own AWB and a ban on hicap magazines!
This is taking place on Monday the 7th and they are going to change the charter!
If you live here and own hicap magazines or Assault weapons, they are going to turn you into a felon with the stoke of a pen!

Link Removed

Above is the attempted legislation! Please! Do what you can to make sure they are stopped dead in their tracks!

Well that's unsettling to say the least, but I would be very surprised if it passed the vote. I haven't heard a thing about this on the local news BTW, are you sure its even legit?

It was a message sent to me by e-mail from the NRA. It was an alert informing me that Burlington was voting on changing their charter to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines.

Vermont Update: Burlington City Council to Consider Gun and Magazine Ban Proposal Next Monday

At its next meeting on Monday, January 7, the Burlington City Council will consider a gun ban that targets possession of semi-automatic firearms and magazines by law-abiding gun owners. This proposed charter change calls for the seizure of all semi-automatic “assault weapons” and magazines by the police, and not only violates the current state firearms preemption statute, but is an irresponsible attack on the property and rights of law-abiding gun owners in Vermont, opening the door to other harmful restrictions of your civil liberties. This City Council meeting will be held at the Burlington City Hall at 7:00 PM on Monday, January 7. Please contact Mayor Miro Weinberger and city councilors TODAY and respectfully urge them to reject this proposed charter change when it is introduced and considered on Monday.

A copy of the “Resolution Relating To The Charter Change To Prohibit Semi-Automatic Assault Weapons And Multiple-Ammo Clips” can be found by clicking here.

Link Removed

Sponsored by Councilor Norman Blais (D - Ward 6), this assault on the constitutional rights of Vermonters represents a direct attack on Vermont’s firearms preemption statute, 24 VSA Section 2295, commonly called the Sportsmen's Bill of Rights. If Burlington adopts this charter change, Vermont’s firearms preemption statute will be clearly violated. This dangerous precedent will also open the door to further restrictions by other municipalities across the state. The state firearms preemption law was enacted to prevent a confusing patchwork of varying and conflicting local gun control laws and hunting regulations which could unwittingly ensnare and criminalize lawful gun owners.

Vermont has a long and proud history of gun ownership and a rich hunting heritage. Vermont also enjoys one of the lowest violent crime rates in the country. Please respectfully urge your mayor and city councilors to reject this onerous attack on responsible Vermont gun owners and their Second Amendment rights. The mayor and council members should demand enforcement of the volumes of laws already on the books, rather than adopting new laws that only affect and penalize lawful hunters, sport shooters and gun owners.

Please contact Burlington Mayor Miro Weinberger at 802-865-7272 and [email protected].

Contact information for your city councilor is provided here.

Your NRA-ILA will continue to keep you updated on this matter.

Any unconstitutional legislation passed is in fact not considered to be law. Ignore it. If arrested, challenge the constitutionality.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back