Watertown manhunt.. who were they shooting at?

Warbirds

So... when u was watching the manhunt on tv, the older brother dead, and they had been searching for hours. They had just allowed people to start leaving their homes when they went to a cnn reporter that both he and his camera guy reported automatic weapons fire. They locked the city back down and eventually found the guy in the boat.

If he had been in the boat for awhile like they said..... who was shooting, and at whom?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

So... when u was watching the manhunt on tv, the older brother dead, and they had been searching for hours. They had just allowed people to start leaving their homes when they went to a cnn reporter that both he and his camera guy reported automatic weapons fire. They locked the city back down and eventually found the guy in the boat.

If he had been in the boat for awhile like they said..... who was shooting, and at whom?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
This one of the rare times I will say its justified . really who cares

The story published was that when contact was made by LE, Jharo fired on them and engaged by returning fire at the suspect in the boat. This was all done before the media even knew there had been a 911 call about the blody guy in the boat that needed to be checked out.
I really don't believe that LE is going to track down media, hold a press conference to let them know what ther are doing before they engage to capture a potential terrorist subject.
Now keep in mind this is just MY OPINION.

Just the DHS guys expending some of their billions of rounds.

Didn't want to carry them home, they'll get more issued.:sarcastic:

From my observation when the LEO's closed in they opened fire on the boat. Even heard one of them saying "he is thrashing around now" with 2-300 rounds going into that boat I am extremely surprised that punk is still alive. Don't get me wrong but excessive use of force kind of comes to mind here.

I was wondering about this after it was over.
That is a densely developed area as far as spacing of the homes. All those rounds flying everywhere, not too many hitting the kid, apparently, and none of them hit anyone else in the surrounding area?
Seems amazing.

I saw reports of a man in an apartment near the shooting reported he found 3 bullet holes inside his apartment after the shooting. I'm not sure if it was the night engagement that resulted in the dead brother or when they found 19 year old. However, with 200 rounds flying, I can't believe no one, even in a house was not hit. Remember the two NYC cops that shot at a guy with a gun near Times Square? There were 12 or 12 bystanders hit by bullets, all from the cops weapons. For that reason somebody or somebody's pet had to get hit, I think. Did the city pay anyone off to keep it quite and to keep away from the press?
- My big question is who is going to pay the boat owner for his newly airconditioned job? Or the SUV owner whose stolen car was similarly made to resemble swiss cheese? I know the cops/feds/etc. have to be sure they get the suspects but what is their responsibility to reimburse the property owner? Same question for homeowners that took rounds in their buildings, cars, etc. during the firefight? Will LE simply claim the rounds had to be from the BG, not them and refuse any financial responsibility? I have watched a lot of reports since last week but heard nothing about this.

My big question is who is going to pay the boat owner for his newly airconditioned job? Or the SUV owner whose stolen car was similarly made to resemble swiss cheese? I know the cops/feds/etc. have to be sure they get the suspects but what is their responsibility to reimburse the property owner? Same question for homeowners that took rounds in their buildings, cars, etc. during the firefight? Will LE simply claim the rounds had to be from the BG, not them and refuse any financial responsibility? I have watched a lot of reports since last week but heard nothing about this.

I heard there was an online drive to collect donations to buy the guy a new boat and they had collected several thousand so far. It was estimated that it would cost $30,000 to replace it. The rest I haven't heard anything about. But I'm guessing the city of Boston is not going to be much help.

I'm guessing the city of Boston is not going to be much help.

Sorry to "chop" your reply but as a former resident of the Boston area, they don't give a flying crap about his boat, the car or the (and they must be MANY) holes in people's houses!

They didn't care about anyone's Constitutional Rights so why would you think they would care about ones property?

However, with 200 rounds flying, I can't believe no one, even in a house was not hit. Remember the two NYC cops that shot at a guy with a gun near Times Square? There were 12 or 12 bystanders hit by bullets, all from the cops weapons. For that reason somebody or somebody's pet had to get hit, I think.

There's a big difference between Times Square and a suburban neighborhood. And between NYPD beat cobs and SWAT.

Unfortunately the city isn't required to reimburse if they were performing a legal enforcement action when they destroyed your totally unrelated property, **** happens, that's what insurance is for.

From my observation when the LEO's closed in they opened fire on the boat. Even heard one of them saying "he is thrashing around now" with 2-300 rounds going into that boat I am extremely surprised that punk is still alive. Don't get me wrong but excessive use of force kind of comes to mind here.

Generally, cops can't hit the broadside of a barn, let alone a boat, let alone a man.

Link Removed

Here's your bunch of wild *******.

Why do half of them have NVG mounts? Since when does SWAT need NVGs? If I'm clearing a house at night, the last thing I'd want are NVGs in my face.. That's what weapon lights are for.

Why do half of them have NVG mounts? Since when does SWAT need NVGs? If I'm clearing a house at night, the last thing I'd want are NVGs in my face.. That's what weapon lights are for.

These are probably DOD hand-me-downs and I think some of these guys, including those with NVG put everything on so they would look scarier. After all, who in their right mind would dare do anything but immediately surrender when facing a fine group of intimidating looking, fully outfitted LE with "scary looking assault weapons" (er...personal defense weapons per HS). The thing I noticed right away is that most have extra protection covering their family jewels. (all sarcasm intended).

Unfortunately the city isn't required to reimburse if they were performing a legal enforcement action when they destroyed your totally unrelated property, **** happens, that's what insurance is for.

I see where LA has settled with the two ladies who were delivering papers while cops were looking for Dorner. They put over 100 rounds in their pickup and injured both ladies even though their truck did not resemble the ex-cop's. The city paid $40,000 for replacing the destroyed truck and $4.2 million to the two women. So, it appears there may be situations where government takes some responsibility for damages, although do not if those in the Watertown firefights will.

My comment was mainly "tongue in cheek". Sorry if that did not come across. However, I see that LA settled with the two women delivering papers who were injured by cops mistaking them for the rogue ex-LA cop. They paid $40,000 for the truck that took over 100 rounds and $4.2 million for injuries, etc. suffered by them. Maybe it's a matter of the truck not matching the description of the ex-cop and there is no return fire while the cops keep pouring it in that would suggest irresponsible actions by the cops?

These are probably DOD hand-me-downs and I think some of these guys, including those with NVG put everything on so they would look scarier. After all, who in their right mind would dare do anything but immediately surrender when facing a fine group of intimidating looking, fully outfitted LE with "scary looking assault weapons" (er...personal defense weapons per HS). The thing I noticed right away is that most have extra protection covering their family jewels. (all sarcasm intended).

Lol yep. Groin protectors are standard on all DOD flaks and plate carriers now. Shrapnel catches you down there, it doesn't take long bleed out. Not sure how that really helps SWAT though, a bullet would go right through those flimsy things.

Also, is it just me or does the guy 6th from the right have Down's syndrome?

Why do half of them have NVG mounts?

Looks like the guy in front has a camera mounted to his helmet. That way, they can release all the video that makes them look calm, polite and helpful, and trash the video that exposes them violating everyone's rights.

Might be a NV camera, but it doesn't look like NVG's to me.

And yeah, the sixth guy from the right and all the rest of 'em look like mental deficients of one description or another to me.

Blues

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back