was wondering if a cafe was gun friendly

Nicholas A.

Has anyone been to Lost Dog Cafe down in Merrifield. I am planning on going with a few friends and don't want to go and find out that they are not gun friendly and end up having to put my gun in my trunk which I don't like that idea of having to leave my gun in my car which would be in a nearby parking garage. So just wondering before I go down next week

Has anyone been to Lost Dog Cafe down in Merrifield. I am planning on going with a few friends and don't want to go and find out that they are not gun friendly and end up having to put my gun in my trunk which I don't like that idea of having to leave my gun in my car which would be in a nearby parking garage. So just wondering before I go down next week

Good old fashioned common sense should always help you to regulate your own actions anywhere at anytime.

Concealed means concealed, that also means to keep it "Verbally Concealed".
Can you keep a secret?

IMHO a firearm left inside your vehicle is of no actual use to you when you are not inside your vehicle.

Question; Are there properly placed no firearms allowed signs posted there?
The key words here are; Properly Placed.

If you walk up to the entrance of any establishment while carrying and are suddenly met with 'properly placed' no firearms allowed signage, then you must decide what you must do next. Nobody else can make that decision for you.

I personally would recommend that you try your best to always obey the laws as they are written in your state in regards to these types of scenarios.

Best of luck & stay safe out there.

I'm still awaiting my CCW permit so until that point the only way to carry is openly. Hence the question of it, if I already had my CCW permit I wouldn't worry too much about it. I should have been a little more clear in my question and given information and I'm sorry for that.

I'm still awaiting my CCW permit so until that point the only way to carry is openly. Hence the question of it, if I already had my CCW permit I wouldn't worry too much about it. I should have been a little more clear in my question and given information and I'm sorry for that.

If they have no sign then just walk in a go about your business. Also when you DO get your CHP, signs have NO force of law.

If they have no sign then just walk in a go about your business. Also when you DO get your CHP, signs have NO force of law.

The law in Va says if a sign is posted no concealed guns allowed, DO NOT CARRY inside. Sign do have force of law. Not a gun charge against you though, just a trespass.

The law in Va says if a sign is posted no concealed guns allowed, DO NOT CARRY inside. Sign do have force of law. Not a gun charge against you though, just a trespass.

Again, no they don't. You can only be charged with trespassing if asked to leave, and you don't. Ask any Cop or Lawyer, or better yet cite one instance of a person being charged for walking past a gun buster sign. The reason you must be asked to leave first is because the signs do NOT have force of law (hence, no gun charge), if they did none of that would be needed. I suggest you join the VCDL and go to some of the meetings when they have PD's and lawyers as guest speakers and brush up.

§ 18.2-308 Section O:
The granting of a concealed handgun permit shall not thereby authorize the possession of any handgun or other weapon on property or in places where such possession is otherwise prohibited by law or is prohibited by the owner of private property

Because signs have NO force of law in VA, Even in the case of semi-private (typically Businesses who do NOT own the property) a posted sign doesn't LEGALLY prohibit you from carrying, which is why if you don't leave when asked your charged with trespassing because that's the only LAW you broke. While I don't support business that are anti, there is a VERY big difference in carrying past a gun buster in a state with legal signs vs not. You would also notice that legal signs (in states that have them) are standardized and list the law or ordinance that they are enforcing.

Again, no they don't. You can only be charged with trespassing if asked to leave, and you don't. Ask any Cop or Lawyer, or better yet cite one instance of a person being charged for walking past a gun buster sign. The reason you must be asked to leave first is because the signs do NOT have force of law (hence, no gun charge), if they did none of that would be needed. I suggest you join the VCDL and go to some of the meetings when they have PD's and lawyers as guest speakers and brush up.

§ 18.2-308 Section O:
The granting of a concealed handgun permit shall not thereby authorize the possession of any handgun or other weapon on property or in places where such possession is otherwise prohibited by law or is prohibited by the owner of private property

Because signs have NO force of law in VA, Even in the case of semi-private (typically Businesses who do NOT own the property) a posted sign doesn't LEGALLY prohibit you from carrying, which is why if you don't leave when asked your charged with trespassing because that's the only LAW you broke. While I don't support business that are anti, there is a VERY big difference in carrying past a gun buster in a state with legal signs vs not. You would also notice that legal signs (in states that have them) are standardized and list the law or ordinance that they are enforcing.

Where does it say that signs have no force of law?
How is a property owner supposed to let people know that weapons are prohibited?

I'm not anti, I just don't see how the law you posted supports your assertions.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Where does it say that signs have no force of law?
How is a property owner supposed to let people know that weapons are prohibited?

I'm not anti, I just don't see how the law you posted supports your assertions.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

It doesn't, Just posting it for reference. If your expecting to see a law that says it's legal to walk past signs..don't. Laws tell you what you CAN'T do, not what you can. I'm not sure why your under the impression that signs have force of law in VA, it's common knowledge that they don't. Again, I'd recommend joining the VCDL, going to some meetings and learning. Many gun safety instructors also offer classes on self defense laws and regs.

Remember these three simple things, if you are CC...

1.) You shouldn't consume booze or any alcoholic drinks. (Common sense - guns and booze is like oil and water = they never mix). :nono:

2.) Obey the "No gun" sign posted by any establishment, if it is "properly placed". It's your choice not to visit such a place that isn't gun 'friendly'. They need your business, you don't need their's. :nono:

3.) Most IMPORTANT - Never never EVER leave your gun out of your sight and/or from your body, FOR EVEN A MILLI-SECOND. It might be the last time you see it. :nono:

Anything adverse happening pertaining to the above scenarios.... you are in some deep deep crap. Loads of headaches, money for lawyers... etc.

Choice is yours.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back