Walther ppk

daniel.w.brown1

What are your thoughts on the Walher PPk or Walther PPk/s? I haven't found a range that allows to rent and use one. As well I don't know anyone who owns one. Is that a sign I should stay away? Or is the fact they don't just rent them out a sign that its a hit ticket item. Anyone who owns one please feel free to chim in. Thanks.

I hated my ppk/s in .380 it is an out dated obsolete gun. you can get plenty of 9mm that are the same size and use a better round than the .380

I have both the PPK and PPK/S. They are great shooters and comfy carries. The trigger pull is clean and crisp and the action is smooth. The sights are not the best, but in a 0-25' gunfight they would be more than acceptable.

It felt solid when I held it. Anyone have any range reports? Targets? Videos? I will find a way to shoot one before I go and by it but I really appreciate the feedback as well.

I have a Bersa Thunder .380 which is a PPK clone in and it is very accurate and dependable, plus it only costs a little over half of what a PPK costs.

:triniti:

my friend has one and i've shot it several times at the range i like it better than my own carry ..it feels great in the hand nice recoil and very accurate well at least the accurate part when my friend shoots it lolz and again really easy to rack unlike my carry .....he also mounted a laser light on it which is fun to watch your control and steady whilst pulling trigger

Hey!! I have one had it for years. Wonderful gun, would not worry about carrying it for defence. But,,, If I was buying a gun for defence? I would not buy it! Cost vrs. 380acp?? I think there is more choices to look at! The gun is wonderfully built! But you are better off with a 9mm and up. In todays world you need to get the best bang for your buck. There many thing you have to conceder cartridge,conceallibilty,reliability,parts(mags. and such)? If you all ready own a tool you adapt and make it work. But?? When you are starting out to buy a tool for a job!! buy what you need for the job. You save a ton of money that way! And remain happer!! And that is the bottom line. Dont buy a 6 cyl. truck when you need to haul trailers once in a while. When there is no diffence in price?? The only effect is, the limits you just place on yourself. As far as how they shoot? Well they shoot wonderful and is the main reason I have kept it over the years

The PPK and PPKS are good guns; good because, while they were the best choice in years past, they have become less so today. Their size and calibles have been overshadowed by the mini-9 and most people can's see carrying a 7-8 shot .380 when the can carry the same caliber in a much smaller and lighter gun, or a larger caliber for the same size and weight. They are still well made (the S&W PPK's are getting better) and I think now they are more of a "status gun".

Love my PPK/S it's my EDC. My avatar is my custom PPK/S. Just remember this about the PPK/S it's, "Less of a random killing machine, more of a personal statement" Q Link Removed

The PPK and PPKS are good guns; good because, while they were the best choice in years past, they have become less so today. Their size and calibles have been overshadowed by the mini-9 and most people can's see carrying a 7-8 shot .380 when the can carry the same caliber in a much smaller and lighter gun, or a larger caliber for the same size and weight. They are still well made (the S&W PPK's are getting better) and I think now they are more of a "status gun".

Looking at just the last couple of threads I can agree with this statement. They do kind of seem like a status gun. I really just want to get one to the range. Really get an honest impression of it. I appreciate all the input thus far.

my friend has the ppk and it's a great carry gun imo easy to conceal easy to rack accurate and easy to control and easy recoil i'd carry one if i had one as my edc

Walther PPK

You can also get a PPK in .32 acp if you want something with low recoil. I know people who carry a Walther in .32 and like it.

:dirol:

I have always liked my PPK/S and carried it for some time, but now it has been replaced for CC by a Ruger LC9 that is more compact, lighter and carries the same 7 +1 rounds of the more powerful 9mm. I still enjoy the PPK/S at the range as it is accurate, dependable and pleasant to shoot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back