VOTE: Deer hunting to thin herd ?

OldOwl

Link Removed

Debate on culling an overpopulated herd just outside Boston.

Link Removed

Debate on culling an overpopulated herd just outside Boston.

Monroe County in upstate New York institute a very successful "urban" deer hunting program more than a decade ago. It reduced the deer-car collisions from over 450 per year to less than 50 per year.

The program allows bow-hunting in designated parks between sunrise and 11 am, Monday through Friday during bow hunting season. You have to get selected in a lottery to participate and you have attend an additional course in addition to the regular hunting license and bow-hunting courses.

In WNY most towns just use bait and shoot programs to cull the heard. Law enforcement personal are the only people allowed to participate in the bait and shoot.

Old Owl...your comments on that article are PRICELESS! haha couldn't of said it any better myself

Thank you. It's not easy living here. :fie:

A few years back, NECN cable news announced that there was a major goose problem in Braintree, and that these geese showed up every single day and were ruining ( I can't recall if it was a park or country club lawn, something like that). But the town decided to have a culling of the flock first come first serve for permits for shotgunners. So I live a few miles from Braintree police station which is where they said to get the tags. I was undoubtedly the FIRST guy there. Nobody had a clue what I was talking about. So I went up the chain of command, and still no results. So I said the heck with it.

Come to find out from an insider, the cops kept all the permits for themselves. " Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord."

On the day of the hunt... the geese didn't show up! :sarcastic::sarcastic::laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back