Visiting Texas From Wyoming - How to conceal in warm weather?

MatieA

I am leaving Sunday to go to Arlington, Tx for a week. In Wyoming we do not have to conceal so if someone sees a pistol - no big deal. In Texas I know I have to completely conceal and am wondering how people do this without wearing extra layers of clothing in warm weather. I carry in a leather paddle holster OWB, which really isn't real conducive to conceal carry without a jacket. I wear my shirts tucked in - always, and normally wear a vest. Last time I was in Texas I opted not to carry and left it in my pickup, but would much rather carry this trip.
Any ideas are welcome, even if they do not fit me personally. :pleasantry:

You can bring your winter coat and jackets from Wyoming and wear it here...Everybody will think you're a wierdo and leave you alone...And you can still conceal!!!...Just kidding!!..A loose vest will do the trick unless you mind sweating your ass off in 90F weather...I wear loose t-shirts and short sleeve shirts, untucked, and my IWB, shorts all the time..Depends what kinda gun you have...1911 is harder to conceal than the Ruger LCP!!..Have a safe trip!!!

Shorts, t-shirt with light vest or shirt over t-shirt and weapon, go this way all summer. Do not wear a badge of any kind to fake being a LEO, short and sweet it means Jail. See Avatar, hot day test for fun, packing two 45's, 4 mags folding knife. Packing heat in the heat.

You can bring your winter coat and jackets from Wyoming and wear it here...Everybody will think you're a wierdo and leave you alone...And you can still conceal!!!...Just kidding!!..A loose vest will do the trick unless you mind sweating your ass off in 90F weather...I wear loose t-shirts and short sleeve shirts, untucked, and my IWB, shorts all the time..Depends what kinda gun you have...1911 is harder to conceal than the Ruger LCP!!..Have a safe trip!!!

Ok, let me add something here. I haven't found a shoulder holster I like yet. I wear western Long sleeve shirts (tucked in) western vest, Jeans, Boots and Hat. The vest is not long enough to fully conceal my pistol. Am looking for suggestions on how to conceal while in Texas without spending too much of my "fun" money. And I have no plans on pretending that I am an officer of the law, intentionally or not. It seems from the few forums that I frequent that I have posted this question on that most use IWB holsters, smaller pistols and leave shirts un-tucked. I guess if all else fails the Duster will come out.
I carry an XDm .40 4.5" bbl full size pistol.

I am leaving Sunday to go to Arlington, Tx for a week. In Wyoming we do not have to conceal so if someone sees a pistol - no big deal. In Texas I know I have to completely conceal and am wondering how people do this without wearing extra layers of clothing in warm weather. I carry in a leather paddle holster OWB, which really isn't real conducive to conceal carry without a jacket. I wear my shirts tucked in - always, and normally wear a vest. Last time I was in Texas I opted not to carry and left it in my pickup, but would much rather carry this trip.
Any ideas are welcome, even if they do not fit me personally. :pleasantry:

Get yourself a Ruger LCP, Problem solved.
~Good luck & stay safe~

Failed to mention carrying 1 full size 1911 and a combat commander in photo, buy good equipment, belts, holsters etc, one small of back and on hip not inside waistband. Hope this helps.

If you are looking for someone to tell you that it is ok to have your gun sticking out from under your shirt, then save your time and ours. Stick the thing IWB an cover it, use your OWB with a coat that covers it and sweat, take a smaller gun that you can conceal, or leave your gun home.

This isn't that hard. Sorry to sound like a jerk, but saying what you like to dress in is irrelevant. It is a different state with different laws that you have to conform to. There are things I like to do also. If it is not legal or prudent where I travel, I don't do them. Remember "When in Rome..."

If you are looking for someone to tell you that it is ok to have your gun sticking out from under your shirt, then save your time and ours. Stick the thing IWB an cover it, use your OWB with a coat that covers it and sweat, take a smaller gun that you can conceal, or leave your gun home.

This isn't that hard. Sorry to sound like a jerk, but saying what you like to dress in is irrelevant. It is a different state with different laws that you have to conform to. There are things I like to do also. If it is not legal or prudent where I travel, I don't do them. Remember "When in Rome..."

I asked for suggestion and stated what I wear hoping that someone that dressed similar would have a suggestion. If I do not get any suggestions that I feel work for me, then I will just wear my duster to conceal. Duh, I know I can't leave it sticking out, if I thought I could then I would never have bothered asking for suggestions on how to conceal considering how I dress. Saying that obviously stating how I dress is NOT irrelevant, it is actually quite relevant to the question. BTW, if I was not thick-skinned enough to take abuse on internet forums or in person, I would not participate in them, nor carry a sidearm in public.
It appears that I will just have to deal with the heat and wear my duster to conceal, was just hoping to hear a different option.

I'm going to have to agree with bigjohn and outlaw on this one. I'm in Fort Worth, Tx. Not far from where you'll be visiting, you could borrow my Kel-Tec .380 for a nominal deposit......maybe, I know we don't know each other but I'm cool, I assure you and it is a far fetched suggestion. Anyways, the weather has been good down here of late, but for me, when it gets above 70-75, I wear cargo shorts and t-shirts, so for my summer time carry I wear a Smartcarry holster. I can fit my Tauras PT145 .45 and an extra mag no prob, very little printing. Buy yes, you may have to change the way you dress if you want to conceal down here and use your IWB. I use the Kholster holster with jeans and i'm not big on tucking shirts in anyways, so this works great for me. If I want to go out to a nice dinner in this weather right now and look good, jeans it is, IWB and my Kel-Tec on my ankle. Also, just for a side note, the outlaw posted a great site for Texas down here for places that don't allow guns at all. It's texas3006.com, you may want to skim threw it and see if there are business' or places you may visit that may or may not be on the list. It has a great search tool for city or zipcode. Good luck on the concealment and maybe i'll bump into ya, ......I doubt it, but you never know.

Cheers

An additional thought, Kholster and Crossbreed make IWB that allow you to conceal and tuck your shirt in at the same time. Longer to draw, but still feasable.

After reading responses here and on the other forums it appears that my best option is to buy an IWB holster, and then my vest will cover the rest. I was hoping to not have to spend money to do this but..those are the breaks right? I found a couple that look alright and will be checking them out when I drive into town tomorrow. The gun store I normally frequent in Cheyenne has a fair stock in that I can look through. Thanks for the suggestions.

Hawaiian shirts. Extremely comfortable, designed to be worn untucked and naturally 'frumpy' so no bulges are noticeable. You can hide any gun under them. Better yet, order one size too large and you can conceal a howitzer. Seriously, I order all mine one size too large. They're perfect for concealed carry and are extremely comfortable in the heat. I use IWB holsters, but I see no reason why an OWB would be a problem.

You're using an "Uncle Mikes?" AGGGG

And who said you could go to Texas anyway? LOL

Have a safe trip and get back home as soon as you can. We'll leave the light on for you. :)

My wife is graduating after 4 years of online classes, so she is going down to walk across the stage, and my oldest daughter is taking classes on campus and we will be bringing her home for a few weeks before we have to fly her back down again.

Buy yourself a Dallas Cowboys jersey and get on about your business! I also like guayabera shirts.

Don't want to be a party-pooper, but please remember in Texas there is no carry on a university campus or other public school campus. As to how to carry, beats me, I wear my shirts tucked in and have the same problem in summer. I have pretty much settled on a T-shirt and untucked shirt IWB.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back