“vigilante,” my butt

gejoslin

Illegitimi non carborundu
Massad Ayoob
Link Removed

Link Removed
Posted: 17 Mar 2013 04:59 PM PDT
So, this hefty mammal is stomping the crap out of a woman he once claimed to love, and a passerby who has fought for his country stops to help. The Creature From the Testosterone Lagoon decides he’ll stomp him into jelly, too. Ordinary size military vet with concealed carry permit from Wisconsin basically says, “Uh, no” and draws his 9mm pistol and takes the woman -beater now assaulting him at gunpoint. Woman-beater decides not to push the matter.
Street-savvy cops arrive, sort things out, can tell good guy from bad guy. Bad guy arrested, good guy is recognized as such, and gets accolades from the sheriff, as seen here: Charlie Blackmore, Wisconsin Marine Corps Veteran, Draws Gun On Suspect In Beating (VIDEO) .
HuffPost, not exactly what you’d call a pro-gun entity, gives him props. Cool so far.
Read all the way to the bottom, to where Huffington Post compares him to other “vigilantes.” In a bizarre twist of journalism, they include a high profile case not yet adjudicated in Florida as an example of “vigilante justice,” along with Jack Ruby and some guy who threw marbles at a traffic control camera.
Uh…does anyone who writes for HuffPost understand words like “research”? Do they understand that “words mean things”?
The term “vigilante” comes from “vigilance committees,” folks on the nineteenth-century American frontier who gathered together without benefit of government authority – in a time and place where there WAS no such thing to speak of – and became judge, jury, and occasionally executioner of those they felt were wrong-doers.
In the instant case, we have a man who fought for his country and carried a pistol to protect himself, his loved ones, and others within what the law would call “the mantle of his protection.” He made, essentially, an absolutely appropriate citizen’s arrest, and kept a helpless woman from being beaten to death.
“Vigilante,” my ass.
The words you were groping for, HuffPost, were “Good Samaritan.” Or, if that’s too many syllables for your current generation of reporters and editors, maybe just…”Hero.”
But, hey, I’m an old dinosaur who thinks in the Old Ways.
What do you, reading this, think?

My thoughts on this, when they made it somehow into the "Letters to the Editor" in my paper some months ago, were:

"Calling one who is vigilant a "vigilante" is an insult that is mind-boggling in its disjointed impropriety, no different from calling a priest who administers communion a "communist"."

So the guy was "a vigilante" in HuffPost's eyes. Man that's pretty sickening.

You will always, always, always agree to disagree with these self-righteous know-it-all liberal, gun control (call um whatever you want--the words I want to use will not get this to the forum) fanatics (which is as close to what I think as I can get). Right up to the garbage in the whitehouse, compromise in this country is dead--he talks compromise, the NAACP talks compromise, unions (teachers and others) talk compromise etal but what they really mean and actually mean is I TELL YOU WHAT I WANT AND YOU AGREE--PERIOD/END OF STORY. Well to them I say--GO SUCK A LEMON. SHOW UP AT MY HOUSE AND INTERFERE WITH MY LIFE JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE G-D'S GIFT TO THIS COUNTRY AND I WILL TEACH YOU A LESSON YOU WILL NOT FORGET.

You will always, always, always agree to disagree with these self-righteous know-it-all liberal, gun control (call um whatever you want--the words I want to use will not get this to the forum) fanatics (which is as close to what I think as I can get). Right up to the garbage in the whitehouse, compromise is this country is dead--he talks compromise, the NAACP talks compromise, unions (teachers and others) talk compromise etal but what they really mean and actually mean is I TELL YOU WHAT I WANT AND YOU AGREE--PERIOD/END OF STORY. Well to them I say--GO SUCK A LEMON. SHOW UP AT MY HOUSE AND INTERFERE WITH MY LIFE JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE G-D'S GIFT TO THIS COUNTRY AND I WILL TEACH YOU A LESSON YOU WILL NOT FORGET.

Right on Kelcarry!

Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back