Vets honored by flash mob at airport--great video

That was a wonderful video...After years of defending this country, finally....someone thought of a way to recognize their hard work in such a small but big way. Carry on soldier! you make me proud to be a naturalized citizen here.

That was out standing. Not sure I would call it a flash mob. Those are usually attached to destruction. I would call it a thankful gathering.

Great video, wish we would see more reactions like this to all the heroes that have risked all for the rest of us.

Fantastic spontaneous thank you! I witnessed the Heart and Soul of America a year ago last Christmas at the Nashville Airport. My wife and I were there to pick up our Daughter coming in on leave from AIT. As we stood awaiting her flight at the security check point 6 or 7 Military came through and the crowd standing around gave every one a standing ovation. It was very moving hearing a 100 or so people clapping and cheering every one. Numerous bystanders stepped up and shook their hands and personally thanked them. Remembering our days of Vietnam and now the open heartfelt thank yous brought tears to many.
My daughter was approached several times before we got to the car. One little elderly lady even offered to buy her dinner even when she told her she was still in training. She thanked her for her courage and willingness to defend all that this country is. Another gentleman stopped her and shook her hand and told her he was proud of her service. He was a Korean vet. HONOR FLIGHT is a great way to thank and Honor all those who served during WWII. Also a big thank you to those who take the time to stop and speak to our soldiers, it is greatly appreciated. Let their service, sacrifice, and dedication never be forgotten. They epitomize the spirit of what America is.

I often stop men and women in uniform and thank them for their service. I think everyone should.
That is a good idea Charlie......I am sure they appreciate that. We should all be doing the same...sometimes i just looked at them when we are at the airport and going commercial somewhere...they are leaving for somewhere too or going home, not coming home. I should start thinking differently from now on...

That was out standing. Not sure I would call it a flash mob. Those are usually attached to destruction. I would call it a thankful gathering.

flash mobs are the singers/dancers that perform in public places and look like random people joining in. The mobs of destruction should never have been classified as "flash mobs"...

We live under the blanket of freedom they have given us. They have seen unspeakable atrocities and the true cruelty of man. They deserved the moment of glory and, in true fashion of true heroes, seemed humble and taken aback by the outpouring of thanks and admiration. This truly is why they are called the greatest generation. Now, if we could get on board with those who served in Vietnam and our newest vets, we will be moving in the right direction.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back