Vehicle Transport/Carry Question from PA to FL -- SC and MD?

Information regarding Concealed Weapons Permit information in NLETS:

Link Removed

Looks like Florida CWP holders are not nearly as secret as they like to believe.

Another article:

Link Removed

The Nlets Transaction
The CWQ (query) enables users to obtain concealed weapon permit holder information. A CWR (response) will be returned with the notification that a permit does or does not exist, its status and a description of the owner.

Nlets supports this transaction in legacy text, as well as XML. Participating states (database holders) include Alaska, Arkansas, Florida, Montana, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia and Wyoming.

Comment, apvbguy?

Per the link I provided in post #20 at least 25 states report permit/license holders to NLETS.

Per the link I provided in post #20 at least 25 states report permit/license holders to NLETS.

The lawofficer.com article was from 2010, so the number of participating states has increased. Florida was just one of early states to share their CWP information.

Information regarding Concealed Weapons Permit information in NLETS:

Link Removed

Looks like Florida CWP holders are not nearly as secret as they like to believe.

Another article:

Link Removed

Comment, apvbguy?
comment? I stand by my assertion that a cop on routine patrol CANNOT get CWFL info without getting into the DOAC database.

comment? I stand by my assertion that a cop on routine patrol CANNOT get CWFL info without getting into the DOAC database.

Which nearly every cop on routine patrol (and government operated automated license plate scanning or facial recognition system) has easy access to, no reasonable suspicion required.

Which nearly every cop on routine patrol (and government operated automated license plate scanning or facial recognition system) has easy access to, no reasonable suspicion required.

there is no way my cwfl is coming up on any system other than the DOACS system. which is not part of any DMV system or any law enforcement system.
if the the DOACS is distributing my having a cwfl it is being distributed in a way that is contrary to the intent of the law that established the DOACS as the issuer of these licences. if you can verify that this info is available in a manner you're describing please provide valid proof, including the day, the time, the place, the jurisdiction and the specific agency and I will take it further up the chain. what you've presented AFAIK is inaccurate.

there is no way my cwfl is coming up on any system other than the DOACS system. which is not part of any DMV system or any law enforcement system.
if the the DOACS is distributing my having a cwfl it is being distributed in a way that is contrary to the intent of the law that established the DOACS as the issuer of these licences. if you can verify that this info is available in a manner you're describing please provide valid proof, including the day, the time, the place, the jurisdiction and the specific agency and I will take it further up the chain. what you've presented AFAIK is inaccurate.

NLETS User Police Manual provided by the Louisiana state government, as of October 2013:
Link Removed

Section 29.3 on page 141 Photo of the actual NLETS query and response from July 19, 2013 which proves that Florida participates in sharing CWFL information.

In addition:
Services

On the left, click on Concealed Weapons Query and the map will show Florida as participating. Since this map is current, there have been several more states that have elected to participate since the query in July 2013 linked above.

If you want to continue to believe that the CWFL information is not released, you are a fool. The only problem with you being foolish is when you attempt to persuade others to believe your folly, but those others are responsible for not doing their own research and the facts have been posted here and the evidence is available for anyone who wants to find it.

I would suggest if you are going from PA. to FL., that you go through Delaware via RT 1, to RT 13 and follow it through MD. to VA. and cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel to Western Shore VA. Hook up with I95 at Emporia Va. That way you will only be in MD for a short time. Approx. 30-45 minutes.

It is even more of a problem than you think.

Some in Maryland are fighting against this and have found that when the millions of plates scanned are finally deleted because of no "hits" they are deposited into a multi state "fusion center" Some type of delete bin.

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

It is even more of a problem than you think.

Some in Maryland are fighting against this and have found that when the millions of plates scanned are finally deleted because of no "hits" they are deposited into a multi state "fusion center" Some type of delete bin.

Florida (and some other states) does the same thing with NICS denials.

Here you go, apvbguy....straight from the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services - Florida CWFL permit information is available from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement 24 hrs/day 7 days/week:

Good afternoon, Mr. H.....:

I want to begin my reply to your e-mail by citing a particular section of the law that obligates the Division of Licensing to provide information about concealed weapon license holders to law enforcement agencies online. Let me direct your attention to section 790.06(7), Florida Statutes, which reads as follows:

The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services shall maintain an automated listing of license-holders and pertinent information, and such information shall be available online, upon request, at all times to all law enforcement agencies through the Florida Crime Information Center.

In order to meet the requirements of this section of law, every night the division provides a copy of the license file containing all concealed weapon license records to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE). The status of each license (issued, suspended, revoked, expired, etc.) is included in the file.

The FDLE makes this licensing information available to law enforcement agencies throughout Florida and the United States. It is my understanding that this information is readily available to Florida law enforcement agencies via NCIC/FCIC. Out-of-state law enforcement agencies needing to obtain the status of a Florida concealed weapon license must contact the FDLE via telephone. The response is then returned to the agency making the query via the NCIC system or NLETS. A representative from FDLE has informed me that the law enforcement officer making the initial inquiry must provide at least one of three search criteria: name and DOB, SSN, or license #. The response to the inquiry will confirm the existence of a license and the license status if one exists.

(As an aside, I would like to point out that making concealed weapon licensing information available through law enforcement networks is an essential part of the reciprocity agreements that we have with some states. Some states – Virginia and West Virginia, for example – require that this information be available around the clock as a basic condition of the reciprocal agreement.)

I hope this provide you with the information you are seeking. If I can be of further service, please get back in touch with me at your convenience.

Ken Wilkinson
Assistant Director
Division of Licensing
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

what part of this is tripping you up?

Out-of-state law enforcement agencies needing to obtain the status of a Florida concealed weapon license must contact the FDLE via telephone. The response is then returned to the agency making the query via the NCIC system or NLETS. A representative from FDLE has informed me that the law enforcement officer making the initial inquiry must provide at least one of three search criteria: name and DOB, SSN, or license #. The response to the inquiry will confirm the existence of a license and the license status if one exists.

like I stated, a patrol officer DOES NOT have direct access to the data base and CANNOT know from DMV records if someone does or does not possess a CWFL.

what part of this is tripping you up?

Out-of-state law enforcement agencies needing to obtain the status of a Florida concealed weapon license must contact the FDLE via telephone. The response is then returned to the agency making the query via the NCIC system or NLETS. A representative from FDLE has informed me that the law enforcement officer making the initial inquiry must provide at least one of three search criteria: name and DOB, SSN, or license #. The response to the inquiry will confirm the existence of a license and the license status if one exists.

like I stated, a patrol officer DOES NOT have direct access to the data base and CANNOT know from DMV records if someone does or does not possess a CWFL.

What you stated was:

there is no way my cwfl is coming up on any system other than the DOACS system.

That information is false. I have now asked the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to verify that a phone request is still necessary as it makes no sense to not have the information provided automatically to an NLETS CWQ request and avoid the cost of the request having to go through an operator that would be required to be provide such information 24/7. I expect that the request via telephone information is outdated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back