USA wide CCP

novak49

I heard that there is some movement to make any state CCP permit legal and recognized in all states, anything new on this?

I heard that there is some movement to make any state CCP permit legal and recognized in all states, anything new on this?

You're way late. It was signed September 17, 1787. Went into effect March 4, 1789. Proposed September 25, 1789. Ratified December 15, 1791.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

You're way late. It was signed September 17, 1787. Went into effect March 4, 1789.

If only that were the reality we faced today.

To the OP - bills have been introduced in many of the past, and the current, congressional sessions. A couple years ago one made it through the House and died in committee in in the Senate.

If you search this, and other gun forums, you'll find many discussions about the pros and cons of such legislation. There is no consensus among us whether such a low, no matter how well written, is a good or a bad thing.

For the current submission, see: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/402 and judge for yourself.

A good example of a USA WIDE CCP is the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004. Federal law was pasted allowing active and retired police officers to carry in all 50 states and federal possessions. This law has revised to cover ammo (NJ outlaws hollow point ammo) and expanded who it covers. Hopefully in the future it will cover magazine capacity.

A good example of a USA WIDE CCP is the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004. Federal law was pasted allowing active and retired police officers to carry in all 50 states and federal possessions. This law has revised to cover ammo (NJ outlaws hollow point ammo) and expanded who it covers. Hopefully in the future it will cover magazine capacity.

This isn't about the State, it's about civilians. Your law is the absolute opposite of freedom, it's called tyranny.

Doubt if this will ever happen. There is such a thing as "States Rights" in which a state can claim sovereignty and have a law different that the Fed. Law. So as long as we have LIBERAL PROGRESSIVE STATES , we will not have a National CCP.

There is danger having all our eggs in one basket; it makes it much easier for the feds (and states) to make scrambled eggs out of it.

Even if that did happen states like NY, MD, MA, CA, and a few others would harass any legal CCP holder they found, and trump up phony charges against them.

What the government gives it can take away especially when it didn't have the right to get involved at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubt if this will ever happen. There is such a thing as "States Rights" in which a state can claim sovereignty and have a law different that the Fed. Law. So as long as we have LIBERAL PROGRESSIVE STATES , we will not have a National CCP.

Read article 6 of the Constitution then read Amendment 9 then 10 individual rights supercede the states. The states are made up of people/ citizens. Do some reshearch. Like read some SCOTUS rulings, or just check my old posts for links.

What I'm saying is it isn't going to happen, as all states won't agree to it, and hence there will not be a Nationwide CCP. I'd say Maryland (for example) would be one of the first to bow out, as they don't accept any other states CCP now and it's hard as hell to get one if you are a Maryland resident.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back