Upgraded XD9 to the XDM 45 3.8 :)

julez456

I just got back from the gun store where I purchased the XDM 45 3.8 subcompact. I've had the XD9 for about 6 years so I knew what I was getting into. One problem I have encountered so far tho is that with the 9 round magazine, the magazine release is EXTREMELY HARD TO PRESS with a full magazine. With one less round in the mag I don't have that problem. I don't have the problem at all with the 11 round mag. Anyone else ever have this problem? The 9 round magazine is also harder to fully insert into the gun when it is full but not hard at all with one less round in it. The gun was purchased brand new. My guess is a faulty magazine. I will probably purchase another 9 round magazine to try out my theory. Can't wait to take this gun to the range. There was an hour and a half wait when I left or I would've of went straight to the range with it.

20120303-DSC02982.jpg

9 round magazine

20120303-DSC02983.jpg

11 round magazine

I have the XDM 9mm compact...that tightness in the mags will loosen up with time, (Load and unload them a few dozen times) you may also notice that when fully loaded and inserted into the gun, you will have rounds rattle in the magazine, I have't figured out how to fix that yet. So I just carry it with one less in the mag if I'm going to a situation where some minor rattling will annoy me.

I love the gun, I doubt I will ever trade it in. How do you like the .45? I was just looking at picking one of those up but I went a different direction with the .45. They are awesome guns and you will love it for a long time to come!

Congrats on the purchase!

I have an XD. 40 Sub Compact I bought a few weeks ago and I have noticed the same. I have found by putting some pressure on the bottom of the mag (like trying to push it in more), the release button works better. As you stated: when a cartridge or two are out of the nag it is O K. I am not too concerned at this point and I'm going to treat this as a tight fit.

same here

I too have XD .40 service and sub compact. Noticed similar feel but after some time maybe few hundred rounds or so it gets a little better. Tell us how it goes I have been wanting the xdm for a while now. I have had my XD for about 6 years now best cc gun in my opinion.

Congrats on the purchase. I wish I would've waited, I knew they were gonna come out with the XDm in 45. I can't wait for personal reviews on the compact XDs 45

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back