Undecided on size of concealed carry gun. Help?

So here's my dilemma. I live in Illinois. I'm not sure how this whole concealed carry law is going to end up and with all this talk about possibly banning anything handguns that hold more than 10 in a magazine I'm debating because I've never had the right to. I was looking into the Springfield XD(m) 40. It's this too large/bulky of a gun to conceal? Should I go with a subcompact? Either way, I don't want to miss out on my chance to buy one of these guns like AR.

(I've shot with both 9mm and 40 springfield pistols and I just love the feel so I'm pretty set with the brand.)

With the right holster and the right clothing, one can conceal any full-size handgun. I used to carry an XD 40, now a Glock 22. I use Kholster for an IWB holster and I use Serpa Blackhawk for an OWB holster.

First decide where you will carry. Do you enter any bad neighborhoods where there is gang violence or stabbings and shootings? If so you may want to go with a compact IWB .40 or .45 or maybe a 9mm. You want enough firepower and also enough rounds. If you stay mostly in suburbs that are fairly calm you might simply want something like a Bersa Thunder .380 IWB. If you expect little problem and just want something in case something does happen you might want a Kel Tec P-32 .32 acp in a pocket holster. You have to decide what will suit your agenda.

:pleasantry:

Thanks you all for your suggestions and comments! I appreciate all the positive input! After much deliberation and going to the local family owned gun shop, I decided to go with the Springfield XDm 40 Compact. With it having the option between taking the 11 round mag or the 16 round mag it just made sense to go with that one. The thing that sold me on it for sure was that it just felt absolutely perfect in my hand. I'm waiting the 3 day waiting period and I'll have it out at the range hopefully this sunday! Now everyone cross your fingers that on June 8th, Illinois finally joins the other 49 states with concealed carry. Again, thanks to everyone who gave their 2 cents.

See this short video about the effect of a 380 on a hog's head
http://youtu.be/8NfS9owxPiU

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back