U.S. Gun Range Bans Muslims; Business Muslim Free

Only half? I guess that means that the other half of the country is blind, deaf and dumber than a fence-post then.

Well, I think he's muslim too. But you gotta remember most of the democrats still think he's a god, or atleast related to one. :help:

Actually I'm Indian American, born and raised in the U.S. I know that 'look' that I get from people like YOU all to often. I'm not muslim, but idiots like YOU can't tell the difference, so I have to be extra cautious because YOU might shoot at me because of your prejudice. My nephew is in the military and has been on tour in Afghanistan a few times - lucky his comrades aren't as dumb as you.

If you've kept up with the news at all, disgruntled white boys have been going over training with the terrorists. Be careful - you won't notice them coming back because you'll be too busy patting down mideasterners, regardless of their religion.
Been saying the same thing. What does a Muslim look like? People can't tell the difference between American Indian (original homeland security), Spanish, Middle-eastern, Indian and sometimes Italian. Could also be African American. If anyone saw "The Newburgh Sting" on HBO it's a story about an informer who infiltrated a mosque, befriended some poor black guys there, convinced them to blow-up a synagogue and air national guard planes for big $$$. Offered them cash. Now they'll do 25 years. These guys were simply inner-city regulars. Born and raised in the ghetto.

Been saying the same thing. What does a Muslim look like?

What gets me about this Jew, Muslim, Christian thing is that all three religions started in the middle east. A Mid Easterner can be Christian, Jewish, or Muslim (or something else) and if they're not wearing their identifying head coverings the only way to know what they believe is to ask and hope they don't lie to you.

Many Americans who know little about the rest of the world seem to have this idea that the Americas and most European countries are Christian. And that Mid Easterners, Pakistanis, and most Africans are Muslim. What they're really differentiating is the wealthy, more modern countries vs. the poorer, more backward or 'third world' countries.

What gets me about this Jew, Muslim, Christian thing is that all three religions started in the middle east.

It's much more difficult to hide ignorance than it is to acquire knowledge. Christianity is not a religion, it's a faith. Christianity is man getting to God God's way, through Jesus Christ only. Religion is man getting to God man's way, that being any way except through Jesus Christ.

"There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death".

Life Is Good. :victory:

If you really want to find hate groups in the country, Google the Southern Poverty Law Center. There are some real hate groups there. Take your pick.

Funny you would mention the Southern Poverty Law Center, for they identify many hate groups that are christian based or centered around the bible. Even the SPLC is considered to be an anti-christian hate group. ?Anti-Christian Hate Group? SPLC Becoming Increasingly Discredited

The KKK claims they are a faith-based christian group. KKK Leader: 'We're a Christian Organization;' Claims the Klan Is Not a Hate Group

I don't hate snakes....but because I can't tell if a snake is poisonous, IM have to be suspect of everything that looks like a snake... I don't hate spiders, but some are lethal and because I cant tell which ones are lethal, I have to be careful od spider and keep them away from me . If a person looks like a snake, or a spider, and I cant tell if either of them will kill me.. I have to be suspect to everything that looks like a snake, a spider, or a middle eastern look... they are suspect.. and with 300 million radical ( snake like Muslims ) I have to suspect anyone who looks this way... now western looking Muslims wont throw up a flag... just like when I see a frog...... it may not be a snake or a spider, but some frogs are as deadly as the deadliest snake...

It's much more difficult to hide ignorance than it is to acquire knowledge. Christianity is not a religion, it's a faith. Christianity is man getting to God God's way, through Jesus Christ only. Religion is man getting to God man's way, that being any way except through Jesus Christ.

You will probably find this hard to believe, but a person of just about every religion will say that their religion is something else. Buddhists say theirs is a 'philosophy'. In my search for God and truth I was a Presbetyrian growing up, then a Baptist for 10 or 15 years, then a 7th Day Adventist, read the Bible from beginning to end and thought I knew and understood EVERYthing. Believe it or not 7th day adventists pretty much believe all the rest of the Christians will wind up in Hell because they go to church on Sunday rather than Saturday (Keep the Sabbath Holy- the 7th day- is their thing). And believe in Jesus.

As much as I tried, I found things that ate at me that deep down I just didn't feel was right about what these groups told me was 'true'.

The Old Testament is the beginning for Jews, Muslims, and Christians. Read up on it - the Jews and Muslims both believe in Moses' laws. Hindus have the Bhagavad Gita. I've read both and believe God speaks in both books. I'm sure you've never read the Bhagavad Gita - the whole book is God talking to his disciple who doesn't want to go to war against his cousins and brothers'. It was probably written before the Bible. It's a wonderful book full of wisdom and truth. In it God says 'All of you belong to ME and in the end you will come to ME - so raise up your bow and fight'

So, anymore, I choose to believe that God saves everyone according to their faith. Christians want too go to Heaven when they die, Hindus and Buddhists want to
go to Nirvana. God has many rooms in his 'Mansion'. I'm convinced one is labelled 'Heaven' and another 'Nirvana'. There's probably one labelled 'Hell' for those who believe everyone but them will go there.

Oh - and here's a definition of 'religion' for you: the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods. I would say Christianity fits the bill as well as the others.

Go ahead and trust the Government and be tolerant of the Muslims as your Government orders you too.......

Link Removed

Go ahead and trust the Government and be tolerant of the Muslims as your Government orders you too.......

Link Removed

You don't have to go that far back. Don't forget about Waco.

Waco siege - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The incident began when the ATF attempted to raid the ranch. An intense gun battle erupted, resulting in the deaths of four agents and six Branch Davidians. Upon the ATF's failure to raid the compound, a siege was initiated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the standoff lasting 51 days. Eventually, the FBI launched an assault and initiated a tear gas attack in an attempt to force the Branch Davidians out. During the attack, a fire engulfed Mount Carmel Center and 76 people,[8][9] including David Koresh, died.

Well, this was kind of interesting. I watch the Hal Lindsay show Sunday nights (the Bible Prophecy guy who wrote 'The Late Great Planet Earth back in the 60's) One of the first things he said in last night's show was that people who think Muslims look like mid easterners are fooling themselves - they're looking at ethnicity and not the religion. Then he said Muslims are as diverse as Americans (and America is a melting pot of ethnicity / races), so if you want to think about how a Muslim looks you might as well ask yourself how does an American look. Just because the 9/11 bombing was pulled off by mid easterners doesn't mean the next one will be. And if you think the recent beheadings are being done by mid easterners, take a look at the Oklahoma beheading that took place a few weeks ago. The guy was black / african american and looks like guys you see driving or walking the streets of most U.S. cities just about every day of the week.

Here's a thought... trust no one unless you know them. Then trust them only a little.

I can relate - But I have to say, I find that most people I come in contact with when I'm out and about are friendly, polite, helpful, and respectful. And I'm Indian and sometimes wonder why these folks don't give me 'that look' as much as they did when Bush invaded Iraq. It may be because I'm older, or maybe most Americans see things more clearly now. Hanging out in these forums and seeing some of the more 'out there' people's posts can make me / us paranoid. But for the most part I'd say we're talking the crazy stuff that's going on fairly well. And I'm not talking about the politicians but the population in general. Maybe we could mostly trust people until they hint or prove that they're not trust worthy too.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back