Trijicon RMR Sights

m.ritz

I recently started looking into Trijicon's RMR sights, as the new G40 release by Glock has sparked my interest. Wow are they expensive!! Do they really help that much?? Also, does anyone know the difference in MOA dot size? Obviously, the larger the number, the larger the dot. I'm assuming the obvious that the larger dots are intended more for closer range, whereas the smaller for longer range. I guess what I'm asking is does anyone know the ranges that each would typically be used for, or what they're suggested for? Also, they offer them in LED, Adjustable LED and Dual Illuminated. Does anyone know the differences? I don't see much helpful description on their website for this.

The LED sights need batteries to operate, where the dual illuminated works from light gathered from the piece on the top so no batteries needed.

Ok, that makes sense. I do see that now that I go back and read the dual illuminated description. I'd spent most of my time looking at the LED and adjustable LED configurations before. So the tritium would eventually wear out and need replacing as typical night sights do, correct? I'm almost thinking the battery powered LED's would be a better way to go, although in a defensive situation, turning this on would be another step you'd have to take before taking action.

The better LED optics turn on when they feel movement, lasts a long time, and have ambient light sensors.

I turn mine on in the morning and leave it on all day. I swap batteries every month as preventive maintenance.

Does it help? It took a while to get used to, but I do believe it helps. The turning point in finding the dot, was going back to fundamentals. I actually don't look for the dot, I pass for the front sight until the dot appears. If no dot appears in all using my irons, if dot appears I transition to dot automatically.

There is a reason competitors and race guns are moving to optics. They work. Just don't let it become a crutch to your iron sight foundation.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

Irons (suppressor sights) and optic cowitness. Find one, find the other. Laser also cowitnesses.

Dot MOA size didn't matter to me....I'm sure more experienced shooters could tell the difference. I think you are right though, bigger dot for faster but less accurate acquisition. Smaller for precision.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back