"Trespassers will be shot" idiot convicted of murder

nogods

abc_texas_kid_shot_090511_mn.jpg

Woman convicted in boy's 2009 killing

What you say can and will be used against you:

Liberty County prosecutor Joe Warren reminded jurors Thursday that the warning sign posted in front of a tiny stilt house flying a rebel flag was deadly serious: "Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be reshot. Smile, I Will."

(Actually, it said "Survivers")

After shooting the family, Sheila Muhs then called 911 and told the dispatcher: "They're out here tearing up the levee, so I shot them."

The levee is public property.

The jury will return today to decide her punishment, which could range from five years to life in prison.

A trial date has not be set for Gale Muhs.

You know, we've all chuckled at those "trespassers will be shot" and "Make my day" signs and bumper stickers we've seen at gun shows. But nobody with any sense posts a sign indicating a willingness or eagerness to shoot. The Second Amendment Foundation has neat little stickers that make it clear "the owner of this property is armed" and "there is nothing inside worth risking your life for." One of those on the door is far as I'll go. Even the "protected by second amendment" with a picture of the wrong end of a gun, is over the line. If forced to shoot, you want to look "regrettably forced," not "eager," when the investigators come after you.

This person is a total fool.

Note: In the aftermath of a disaster/social collapse, when operating WROL (Without Rule Of Law), I might put up a "Looters Will Be Shot" sign, and stand ready to do just that. But it's more than I'd ever display if I thought it would be seen by Law Enforcement. The idiot above was asking to be put away.

No they where letting other idiots know that if you had no right on their property they where going to shot you so me I would not take the chance and step foot on their property.

No they where letting other idiots know that if you had no right on their property they where going to shot you so me I would not take the chance and step foot on their property.

These "other idiots" you seem to be referring to could very well have been people who were coming there on legitimate business. I don't know of any law in any state that allows one to shoot a person just because they came on their land without determining any threat. In this case, the people were riding down a rutted road in front of their house. Public road? From their pictures, I get the impression of a "Deliverance" (the movie) mentality and another gene pool in need of sanitizing. It is a shame that a seven year old boy died because of them.

A simple " No Trespassing" sign is all that is needed.

I precive the sign as a pleadge for premeditated murder, and from I have read it looks like so did the DA. As S&W645 has said a simple "NO TRESPASSING" sign is all that is needed, no less no more. There is no room for humor in the law. The perps most likely thought that it was funny or made them seem cool in their circle.

Of course, there is no moral/legal justification for this shooting at all.

The conviction would have been just as certain without the sign!

-Doc

I precive the sign as a pleadge for premeditated murder, and from I have read it looks like so did the DA. As S&W645 has said a simple "NO TRESPASSING" sign is all that is needed, no less no more. There is no room for humor in the law. The perps most likely thought that it was funny or made them seem cool in their circle.

Problem with a simple no trespassing sign is it does not inform them of the risk they will be taking ignoring the sign. Just look at the signs posted near Area 51 the signs posted there also warn that you will be shot if you trespass onto the military base. If the government can shot / kill people for trespassing why not citizens? And is the military trying to be funny or look cool with the signs they post up around their bases or are they just letting you know what the consequences are if you ignore the signs.

Link Removed

But be forewarned, as with all U.S. Military installations, Area 51 has many signs indicating you are about to enter a restricted area; along with red print at the bottom of the sign which reads, “Use of Deadly Force Authorized”. Continuing beyond this sign will land you in jail with a hefty $700+ fine to pay

As far as this goes the lady was stupid for shooting the family instead of calling the police then telling them to get off her property.

Problem with a simple no trespassing sign is it does not inform them of the risk they will be taking ignoring the sign. Just look at the signs posted near Area 51 the signs posted there also warn that you will be shot if you trespass onto the military base. If the government can shot / kill people for trespassing why not citizens? And is the military trying to be funny or look cool with the signs they post up around their bases or are they just letting you know what the consequences are if you ignore the signs.Link Removed

As far as this goes the lady was stupid for shooting the family instead of calling the police then telling them to get off her property.

The reason the government can do it and you can't is because they're the government and you aren't. Pretty simple really. They have the power, the military, the police and all OUR money to back them up.

The reason the government can do it and you can't is because they're the government and you aren't. Pretty simple really. They have the power, the military, the police and all OUR money to back them up.

Well we need to stop giving them our money and see how long it takes them to change their tune. Most who work for the government do it for the money.

No trespassing signs, no matter how they are worded or who put them up, even those at Area 5, do not give anyone the right to shoot on sight someone just because they are on the property. The ones at Area 51 do give notice that if you do not stop and identify yourself when challenged that lethal force can be used to protect whatever is in there. A no trespassing sign cannot bar everyone from your property as those with legitimate cause can go on your property but must leave immediately once their business has finished.

This was not a case of protection of property but a simple case of someone going overboard in their actions and stupidity. Whether or not they boy was on her property she had no right to kill him or even fire shots at them without knowing what whe was shooting at. Since they were not on her property then there was absolutely no justification with our without the sign. I recently stopped by a country store that had a sign on the front saying "Notice, there is nothing in here worth dieing for". A very simple statement that is not threatenting but does state the obvious.

FN1910;195815 I recently stopped by a country store that had a sign on the front saying "Notice said:
A fellow would have to be stupid to not understand that sign!:laugh:

The Second Amendment Foundation has neat little stickers that make it clear "the owner of this property is armed" and "there is nothing inside worth risking your life for." One of those on the door is far as I'll go. Even the "protected by second amendment" with a picture of the wrong end of a gun, is over the line. If forced to shoot, you want to look "regrettably forced," not "eager," when the investigators come after you.

So you think I should take my DONT TREAD ON ME flag off my flag pole in my yard that flys in my small suburb neighborhood? :smile: Not a chance.

These "other idiots" you seem to be referring to could very well have been people who were coming there on legitimate business. I don't know of any law in any state that allows one to shoot a person just because they came on their land without determining any threat. In this case, the people were riding down a rutted road in front of their house. Public road? From their pictures, I get the impression of a "Deliverance" (the movie) mentality and another gene pool in need of sanitizing. It is a shame that a seven year old boy died because of them.
I thought the same thing. And looking at that photo one can only wonder what they posses that's worth shooting someone over. The thought of a child dying makes me hope there is no mercy on the sentencing.

Problem with a simple no trespassing sign is it does not inform them of the risk they will be taking ignoring the sign. Just look at the signs posted near Area 51 the signs posted there also warn that you will be shot if you trespass onto the military base. If the government can shot / kill people for trespassing why not citizens? And is the military trying to be funny or look cool with the signs they post up around their bases or are they just letting you know what the consequences are if you ignore the signs.

Link Removed

No where on the sign at Aera 51 does it say that that survivors will be shot again. It said deadly force is authorized, that means that they can shot to kill you if they feel it is the only way to stop you. Which also means there is no question if the sercurity force had the right to shoot someone beyond that sign. Not walk up and shot you after you are wounded, as the other sign states.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back