Trayvon Martin died because of pot

There are already several threads going right now about the tragic shooting in Sanford Florida. As we all now know, a young black man was killed in an altercation with a non-black neighborhood watch member of the gated community in which the youth died.

What is not being widely broadcast is the reason the youth was in the neighborhood to start with. There is no dispute Trayvon Martin had the right to be there. He was temporarily staying at his fathers home. You see, normally Trayvon lives with his mother in the Miami-Dade area but Trayvon had been suspended from school for possession (trace amounts in a baggie).

Evidently, from an earlier account, Trayvon was sent to his dad's for some "straightening out" by his dad.

So if Trayvon had not gotten thrown out of school, he wouldn't have been at his dad's and the confrontation between him and George Zimmermna never would have happened in the first place.

Trayvon Martin school suspension linked to pot - US news - Life - msnbc.com

Click the pic to make it bigger.

Link Removed
Walt, it's hard to condemn Martin becuase of pot alone. Many posters on this site strongly argue that prosecuting marijuana is a waste of tax money. It is also decriminalized in many states. I recently learned that pot is the largest cash crop in America. Bigger than corn or wheat? I worked on a case last week where the attorney asked the complaining witness if he had ever been convicted of a crime. The objection was sustained by the judge as it would unfairly prejudice the proceeding. If this were allowed then no one with a conviction record could ever be credible again. When it comes to witnesses I always wondered why it is that just because a woman is a prostitute she has to have bad eyesight.

There are already several threads going right now about the tragic shooting in Sanford Florida. As we all now know, a young black man was killed in an altercation with a non-black neighborhood watch member of the gated community in which the youth died.

What is not being widely broadcast is the reason the youth was in the neighborhood to start with. There is no dispute Trayvon Martin had the right to be there. He was temporarily staying at his fathers home. You see, normally Trayvon lives with his mother in the Miami-Dade area but Trayvon had been suspended from school for possession (trace amounts in a baggie).

Evidently, from an earlier account, Trayvon was sent to his dad's for some "straightening out" by his dad.

So if Trayvon had not gotten thrown out of school, he wouldn't have been at his dad's and the confrontation between him and George Zimmermna never would have happened in the first place.

Trayvon Martin school suspension linked to pot - US news - Life - msnbc.com

Click the pic to make it bigger.

Link Removed
Walt, it's hard to condemn Martin becuase of pot alone. Many posters on this site strongly argue that prosecuting marijuana is a waste of tax money. It is also decriminalized in many states. I recently learned that pot is the largest cash crop in America. Bigger than corn or wheat? I worked on a case last week where the attorney asked the complaining witness if he had ever been convicted of a crime. The objection was sustained by the judge as it would unfairly prejudice the proceeding. If this were allowed then no one with a conviction record could ever be credible again. When it comes to witnesses I always wondered why it is that just because a woman is a prostitute she has to have bad eyesight.

There is no doubt that we are in an over litigious society in both civil and criminal courts. My issue, however, is the suppression of evidence and the rush to judgement. I wish half of those screaming for an arrest would be detained and held for the whole 48 hours based on someone just wanting them arrested. Going through that process would humble them a bit. Or create more liberals.......

There is no doubt that we are in an over litigious society in both civil and criminal courts. My issue, however, is the suppression of evidence and the rush to judgement. I wish half of those screaming for an arrest would be detained and held for the whole 48 hours based on someone just wanting them arrested. Going through that process would humble them a bit. Or create more liberals.......

If the arrests of the inciters ever start coming down, they need to start with the New Black Panther Party. The really sad thing is the family of Trayvon Martin don't want the NBPP there, The family doesn't want the NBPP speaking for the family yet the NBPP won't give up and won't go away. And the NBPP has the unmitigated gall to claim they do it for the family because the family "needs a military".

Don't get me wrong. The basis of the Op wasn't to condemn TM for anything. I wanted to show that the young man wasn't the angle he's being made out to be by his parents and the media. The young man had issues and those issues, although not being discussed in the MSM had a direct impact on the outcome of that fateful night.

I don't have an opinion on MJ one way or the other. Well maybe that's not completely true. The money our government wastes on the pot portion of the war on drugs could be better spent on treatment. The government could be making some big tax revenue if MJ was decriminalized and distributed the same as a bottle of Scotch.

Just goes to show that some people will say anything...absolutely anything, rather than contemplate an idea than do not like. I am glad no one shot me during those times I was on suspension for fighting...didn't know that would have justified my homicide.

Don't quite know what to make of the first half of your statement. However The Op was not making any judgement call of TM. It is meant to show that the young man being portrayed by a 4 year old picture of a baby face teen was not the same youth involved in the altercation that lead to his death.

I guess the circumstances of your "shooting" would determine what others would say about you. But I surely do hope that the truth is allowed to come out before the screaming for vengeance begins.

Last edited:
I am happy to wait till more info is available till I decide. I find it interesting that the witness seem to say they saw TM beating Zimmerman's head on the sidewalk. If that is true then "stand your ground" does not even come into consideration. I read one report that Zimmerman had lost TM and was walking back to his car when TM attacked from behind. If this is true then Zimmerman was already retreating and "stand your ground" does not apply. If following someone is reason enough to be attacked it is no wonder that NYC doesn't allow guns because everyone is following many other people.

Does the weed make TM a bad guy, no. It does not make him a good guy either. Taking even trace amounts of pot into the school does bring up certain questions of his judgement. Yes, his mother says he was a good boy. That is sweet but not of concern to any serious discussion of the situation. The fact that he had been suspended or expelled from school is a significant indicator. If as his mother says that it is no big deal that he and his friends tried pot it begs the question, Why was he sent to dad to be straightened out?

There are too many questions here and only a few of them have been asked. I for one am not willing to crucify someone that was out working to protect his neighbors without a trial. If the police weren't concerned with charging a hispanic with a crime until there was an uproar then their might not be much of a case against Zimmerman.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back