Traveling to South Carolina

MAD King

Hello,

I am driving to South Carolina and I am not sure if I am allowed to carry on the route Georgia-South Carolina or North Carolina-South Carolina.

Could you please help me in this?

Thank you

A lot depends on your permit.

In SC, if you don't have a permit, you can carry a loaded gun in your glovebox. Doesn't need to be locked, just latched.

KK

Thought it was clear you weren't a criminal since you obviously had a permit from another state!!

It took me a while to figure out why some of us don't realize what forum you are posting in. 'I always go to 'What's New' and not to forums. I don't even look to the right for what forum a post is in.

KK

Hello,

I am driving to South Carolina and I am not sure if I am allowed to carry on the route Georgia-South Carolina or North Carolina-South Carolina.

I can't speak for the Georgia-SC route, but NC recognizes CC(H/W) permits from all other states, so you are good to go while driving through here. Optionally, as long as the gun is in plain view (dashboard, etc) it is also allowed.

Not sure what happens once you cross the SC border however. [edit. Looks like SC has reciprocity with TN, so you look like you are good all the way.]

RB

Thought it was clear you weren't a criminal since you obviously had a permit from another state!!

It took me a while to figure out why some of us don't realize what forum you are posting in. 'I always go to 'What's New' and not to forums. I don't even look to the right for what forum a post is in.

KK

OK. I'll post in another section.

KK

That makes two of us.

OP,
If you have a valid TN permit, you shouldn't have any trouble in SC. (It also looks like TN & GA honor each other's CCPs?)

I might suggest going here & doing some reearch:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/tennessee.pdf

-

Thought that was clear since I posted in Tennessee. Permit is TN

You didn't post that you had a permit at all but wanted to know the difference between the TN-GA-SC and TN-NC-SC routes. If you have a TN permit there won't be any difference or problem either way. Asking if there would be a problem on these routes would infer to me that you don't have a permit but since you do then all if fine.

GA, SC and NC all honor TN handgun carry permits. So, IF you have a valid TN handgun carry permit, it should be honored in all of the states you're going to be traveling into/though. However, take time to visit each of the states' gunlaw websites and make sure you understand THAT state's laws. They do vary and you will be responsible for knowing the differences.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back