Traveling Out of State

SFC

When traveling to other states I chart out the states to see if they are reciprocal with Arizona's CCW. Whether they are or not I always take my aluminum locking travel case that holds 4 handguns, ammunition is always separated from the firearms. Although, I carry a Walther PPS 9mm safely tucked away and out of site.

Always when traveling with firearm(s) make sure you are in compliance with the other states their cities and counties firearm/gun laws. kalifornia is a give me, Do Not Go There unless you have a match there. Ohio is a different story, Toledo has it's own set of rules, never did like Toledo. Be safe and always carry a lockable case to transport your firearm and obey all the gun laws Federal and State

Yep! Always follow the rules...We travel around during the non-winter season to fly-ins...well, not so much for the month of August -- too hot, stay home month...

kalifornia is a give me, Do Not Go There unless you have a match there. Ohio is a different story, Toledo has it's own set of rules, never did like Toledo. Be safe and always carry a lockable case to transport your firearm and obey all the gun laws Federal and State

Actually, if you don't have a recognized permit, Ohio may be a worse state to possess a handgun in a vehicle than California is. In California, the gun must be in a locked container, however you may keep a loaded magazine (not over 10 rounds) in the container with the gun. This means a safe with a quick access digital lock with the gun and loaded magazine inside would be legal. A person would have to open the safe with the digital lock, retrieve the gun and the magazine, insert the magazine and rack the slide to be ready to rock.

In Ohio, without a permit, the case only has to be closed, it does not have to be locked, BUT it is illegal to have any loaded magazines or speed loaders in the same vehicle as the gun. So, in Ohio, a person would have to open the case, retrieve the gun and the empty magazine, load rounds into the magazine, then load the magazine into the gun, rack the slide and be ready to rock.

So, in reality, which situation would be more favorable?

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back