tossed up soda cans are great training.

thru

Banned
guys don't like the idea, tho, cause they just aint GOOD enough to hit something that small, moving that fast. :)
actually, if you train properly, it's fairly easy. Use Airsoft guns, so that shots are 1c each, quiet, no safey hazard and you can SEE the pellet in flight. That is a BIG advantage for becoming skilled, quickly and easily!

Start with a basketball or soccer ball or 1 gallon can. Toss it almost straight up. Whenever you toss a target, it should impact the ground within 2 steps of your feet. If it falls at an angle to either side. dont fire, because you'll just miss, anyway. Dont fire if you don't have sky around the target. Backdrops are too distracting. Dont fire at angles much more than 30 degrees from vertical. such lower angle shots are dangerous to too great a range,and you'll just miss,anyway. The increasing degree of arc (of gun movement) needed for making such hits is very hard to learn.

You should aim for the bottom of the falling target, keep the gun moving while you press the trigger. When the gallon can is easy for you to hit, go with a quart can. After that, move down to a soda can, then a condensed juice can, then a D battery, then 1" rocks. When you can regularly shatter such rocks in the air, every witness is ALL impressed. :) The cans are plenty small enough marks, tho, cause they are tumbling, and thus, represent just a 2" square as a target. That's provable (with geometry) to equal getting a brain hit at twice the distance, or a chest hit at 5x the range at which you hit the can. So, yes, hitting the cans IS relevant to defensive training. You will be hitting the can at 5-10 ft of range, so that's equivalent to hitting men's chests at 25-50 ft.

You can only toss a can just so high, so there's definitely a time-frame challenge. With the cocked and locked 1911 airsoft in one hand and the can being tossed by the other hand, I can easily toss the can and hit it, indoors, with an 8 ft ceiling, after going to a 2-handed, eye-level firing position. Such gunhandling is not really all THAT fast, but it does require that you not fumble around any, just like combat does. :)

guys don't like the idea, tho, cause they just aint GOOD enough to hit something that small, moving that fast. :)
actually, if you train properly, it's fairly easy. Use Airsoft guns, so that shots are 1c each, quiet, no safey hazard and you can SEE the pellet in flight. That is a BIG advantage for becoming skilled, quickly and easily!

Start with a basketball or soccer ball or 1 gallon can. Toss it almost straight up. Whenever you toss a target, it should impact the ground within 2 steps of your feet. If it falls at an angle to either side. dont fire, because you'll just miss, anyway. Dont fire if you don't have sky around the target. Backdrops are too distracting. Dont fire at angles much more than 30 degrees from vertical. such lower angle shots are dangerous to too great a range,and you'll just miss,anyway. The increasing degree of arc (of gun movement) needed for making such hits is very hard to learn.

You should aim for the bottom of the falling target, keep the gun moving while you press the trigger. When the gallon can is easy for you to hit, go with a quart can. After that, move down to a soda can, then a condensed juice can, then a D battery, then 1" rocks. When you can regularly shatter such rocks in the air, every witness is ALL impressed. :) The cans are plenty small enough marks, tho, cause they are tumbling, and thus, represent just a 2" square as a target. That's provable (with geometry) to equal getting a brain hit at twice the distance, or a chest hit at 5x the range at which you hit the can. So, yes, hitting the cans IS relevant to defensive training. You will be hitting the can at 5-10 ft of range, so that's equivalent to hitting men's chests at 25-50 ft.

You can only toss a can just so high, so there's definitely a time-frame challenge. With the cocked and locked 1911 airsoft in one hand and the can being tossed by the other hand, I can easily toss the can and hit it, indoors, with an 8 ft ceiling, after going to a 2-handed, eye-level firing position. Such gunhandling is not really all THAT fast, but it does require that you not fumble around any, just like combat does. :)
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... shattering rocks with an air soft gun... hahahahahahahahahaha

Link Removed

I toss up air soft pellets and shatter them with round house kicks that Chuck Norris taught me. No one can comprehend the training, most just keel over and die when I tell them.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I toss up air soft pellets and shatter them with round house kicks that Chuck Norris taught me. No one can comprehend the training, most just keel over and die when I tell them.

I taught Chuck everything he ever knew! He never did learn how to round house kick an air soft pellet even though I beat him about the head and shoulders many times for his disobedience. And I learned everything I knew for Garth and Hub... you know... the Second Hand Lions. Never was anyone tougher than Hub! Well... maybe the lion that lived in the corn garden..........

But the one who had the biggest balls, even bigger than Hub's, was that traveling salesman....

And Hub entrusted me with his "everything a man should know" speech.

The Second Hand Lions.... now that was a movie.

This is true. I definitely died when you tried to teach me.

I taught Chuck everything he ever knew! He never did learn how to round house kick an air soft pellet even though I beat him about the head and shoulders many times for his disobedience. And I learned everything I knew for Garth and Hub... you know... the Second Hand Lions. Never was anyone tougher than Hub! Well... maybe the lion that lived in the corn garden..........

But the one who had the biggest balls, even bigger than Hub's, was that traveling salesman....

And Hub entrusted me with his "everything a man should know" speech.

The Second Hand Lions.... now that was a movie.

I don't dare learn from Hub. My head would explode.

Also... great movie. :-D

3ukl0k.jpg

Thanks for the laugh, sometimes life gets boring, having seen and done everything, and then along comes a good laugh, which I am faster at than any human alive.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back