TN Quick Permit!

decotriumph

I got my Tennessee Carry Permit in the mail 22 days after submitting my fingerprints (the final step to application). The Department of Safety says to allow 90 days, so I was really surprised to get it so quickly.

That's good!
The lady who runs the HCP office hand delivered our certificates to our class and said pretty defiantly less than 30 days.
One of our classmates asked her if she had her HCP and she said yes and she carries a Glock 19.
It's nice to have someone on our side seeing things get done.

I had to send in some court papers to prove a traffic charge had been dropped. I faxed it in on Monday and received my permit in the mail 9 days later.

That was a happy day for me.

I got my Tennessee Carry Permit in the mail 22 days after submitting my fingerprints (the final step to application). The Department of Safety says to allow 90 days, so I was really surprised to get it so quickly.

I'm confused as to why no one seems to question the reason you have to be fingerprinted in some states. Seems as if they are saying you're a potential criminal already, or is this to check if you have a record? In my state of PA. this is not a requirement. I questioned the reason why I even have to apply for something that is my Constitutional right at the Second Amendment Rally in Harrisburg on 5/10/11.

West Virginia has a quick turnaround time too, myself and my wife turned in applications on the Thursday between Easter and Mother's day and had them the following Monday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back