Threat against Kalamazoo College to "teach the value of campus carry"

E

ezkl2230

Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, MI, is increasing security after receiving a threat of a shooting:

"At 900AM 3/5/15 I am going to start systematically executing faculty at Kalamazoo U, that will teach them the value of campus carry."

It also contained threats against minority students.

The thinking is that this goes back to a student's request to commissioners to pemit campus carry, which was followed by another student freaking out in fear of that idea and beginning a social media campaign aimed specifically at scaring and recruiting other minority students to protest the idea of campus carry.

Security increased at Kalamazoo College after online threat to 'start systematically executing faculty' | MLive.com

As someone said, could be a false flag posting. Anti-gun people are often the same ones who back people like Tawana Brawley. Or the story about the Virginia college rapes that weren't.

^^ Yeah, I hope it is a fraud.

"Let me show you how important it is for responsible people to be able to defend themselves, by going absolutely bat sh!+ crazy and killing a bunch of innocent people..."

Geez...

To be admitted to todays Collages and Universities, in addition to having a good SAT, you must pass a test (written and oral) on Common Sense. Carrying on Campus will always be a bone of contention. Can you imagine Sally Sorority, back from an evening bar hopping with her beau, passes out in her sack, wakens and sees her date in bed with her. She screams, grabs her weapon of choice and starts blasting away. In her still drunken after effects, she claims she had been raped. The same goes for Frat Freddy, while downing his suds, gets pissed off at a different Frat Rat. Bam, situation taken care of. Having been in Law Enforcement for Mannnnny years around University Campus I have seen things most parents and others would not believe. Flame on

To be admitted to todays Collages and Universities, in addition to having a good SAT, you must pass a test (written and oral) on Common Sense. Carrying on Campus will always be a bone of contention. Can you imagine Sally Sorority, back from an evening bar hopping with her beau, passes out in her sack, wakens and sees her date in bed with her. She screams, grabs her weapon of choice and starts blasting away. In her still drunken after effects, she claims she had been raped. The same goes for Frat Freddy, while downing his suds, gets pissed off at a different Frat Rat. Bam, situation taken care of. Having been in Law Enforcement for Mannnnny years around University Campus I have seen things most parents and others would not believe. Flame on

So how many campus drunken murders have you encountered. You can include both illegally possessed and legally possessed firearms. You can also include knives, bats, heavy beer mugs etc. Thank you.

I'm betting this will be traced back to the student who started the anti-carry social media campaign or one of his/her associates.

So how many campus drunken murders have you encountered. You can include both illegally possessed and legally possessed firearms. You can also include knives, bats, heavy beer mugs etc. Thank you.

On Campus, none, lately. (one would be to many). In the bar scene areas, a couple of murders (mostly gang bangers lookin to rob) but drunken mayhem? More then most parents would like to know. Really, if you locked up every drunk student on a weekend, the jails couldn't handle the work load.

Sally Sorority and Frat Freddy would be charged with murder. Sally Sorority passing out in HER bed means that she is at HER home. What does that have to do with on-campus carry? I assume that if Frat Freddy is using a tire iron or knife to murder someone, it is OK with you!?

Your attitude is typical for someone with LEO experience: Gun control for everyone, but me. Based on your own logic, you shouldn't be allowed to carry either, as ex-LEOs are prone to be homicidal maniacs. DISARM NOW, HYPOCRITE!

Lastly, has it ever occurred to you that the prohibition of on-campus carry affects those that work there too, not only students?

DRUNKEN murders here in MI? None. MURDERS? We've had a few just in the last couple of years, about evenly split between non-student attacks on students and student on student. In either siuation, the ability to carry on campus would have at least given the victim the opportunity not to be a victim.

Seems your logic claimed yet another victim today. A Wayne Community College employee was shot by a former student. The gun-free zone and the police could not protect him. A handgun could have given him, or any other person on campus, a chance to change the outcome.

Ummm, really? Horse taters! This is precisely the same flavor of argument that those who would (forcefully) dispossess people of the right to bear arms bleat out---"The streets will run red, it'll be Dodge City and the OK Corral everyday if we let people carry guns" etc., etc., ad nauseum. It has NEVER played out that way.

According to the Washington Post, Colorado has had legal concealed carry on campuses since 2003; there have been exactly ZERO incidences of those students ever using a firearm illegally.

Link Removed

According to the Washington Post, Colorado has had legal concealed carry on campuses since 2003; there have been exactly ZERO incidences of those students ever using a firearm illegally.

Link Removed

But No Where in that article or anywhere else does it say it CAN'T happen.
That alone should be justification for prohibiting carry or ownership by anyone.

But No Where in that article or anywhere else does it say it CAN'T happen.
That alone should be justification for prohibiting carry or ownership by anyone.

I am trying as hard as I can to understand the bold text as coming from a pro-gun or pro-2nd Amendment perspective, and simply can't. Care to clarify how, from a constitutional perspective, there could conceivably be any legitimate "justification" by any government operating under the auspices of the Constitution of the United States of America for prohibiting carry or ownership by anyone? Is there a "[/sarcasm]" caveat missing or something? Please explain.

Blues

I am trying as hard as I can to understand the bold text as coming from a pro-gun or pro-2nd Amendment perspective, and simply can't. Care to clarify how, from a constitutional perspective, there could conceivably be any legitimate "justification" by any government operating under the auspices of the Constitution of the United States of America for prohibiting carry or ownership by anyone? Is there a "[/sarcasm]" caveat missing or something? Please explain.

Blues

You can't see "it's for the children?"

"If it saves just ONE life" & all that crap....

sarcasm? Me???

I guess you'll just have to decide for yourself.

You can't see "it's for the children?"

"If it saves just ONE life" & all that crap....

sarcasm? Me???

I guess you'll just have to decide for yourself.

Left without an unambiguous answer to a simple question, I have no choice but to take the bold text of what I quoted in your previous post at face-value. Weird that you would want to leave it as such on a gun rights forum, but there it is.

sarcasm? Me???

With just 52 posts in the seven years you've been on this site, no one knows what, if any, propensity for sarcasm you may or may not have. That's why I asked politely for clarification. I have, however, reviewed some of the 51 posts of yours between my last post and now, and found that the Constitution and 2nd Amendment come in second in importance to what your personal situation/conveniences may or may not be. That's probably all the clarification I really needed anyway. Sorry to bother you with an opportunity to not look like a gun-grabber lite on this gun rights forum. Carry on as you will.

Blues

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back