This really makes me sick the Freedom from Religion Foundation

Can't argue. My explanation is that I use the 'unread' function in Tapatalk. Otherwise I would have probably ignored it.

That said, goodbye Forum. I'll leave you all to your bible thumping.

That said, goodbye Forum. I'll leave you all to your bible thumping.

Please reconsider. If you go, they win. Take a look at some of the high-quality posts from several years ago, before the endless, unchallenged religious ranting (coupled, to be fair, with over-the-top, often inarticulate, semi-literate political conspiracy rants, ad hominem anti-"liberal" hysterics, and lunatic ultra right-wing website reposts) drove lots of substantive, rational members away just as surely as bad money drives out good (Gresham's Law).

1 Corinthians 1:18-31 (New International Version [Corrupted version but easily read])
Christ the Wisdom and Power of God
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." 20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

so stay stupid, stay dumb, don't question anything, and believe in me or else i'll turn you all into potatoes...got it.

This really makes me sick.

There is an atheist group called “Freedom from Religion Foundation” that has erected a sign in NYC beside an Easter display saying “Nobody died for our sins, Jesus Christ is a myth”.

So you have a problem with Freedom of Speech? I have some comments for you that would surly get me banned, so forgive me for not giving enough of a damn to tell you where to take your suppression of freedom based solely on the utter ignorance of ancient goat herders that thought the sun was drug across the sky every day on a chariot.

Please reconsider. If you go, they win. Take a look at some of the high-quality posts from several years ago, before the endless, unchallenged religious ranting (coupled, to be fair, with over-the-top, often inarticulate, semi-literate political conspiracy rants, ad hominem anti-"liberal" hysterics, and lunatic ultra right-wing website reposts) drove lots of substantive, rational members away just as surely as bad money drives out good (Gresham's Law).

Win what?

This particular thread is in the Off-topic forum. If he doesn't like talking about religion in the Off-topic forum and really wants to talk about guns on one of the other forums on USA Carry what exactly has anyone "won" other than he will be better served in one of the other forums on this site?

Conversely, couldn't it be said that the "good money" could be those of faith while the "bad money" is those who are offended by religion? A big difference is that, rather than hoarding our "good money," we present it to everyone because we consider all people to be ""good money" and of the same precious metal as the older money. We consider all to be of equal value. There are those who disagree and attempt to dissuade or devalue those we all consider to be "good money." I may disagree with someone else's stand on religion but only from my own wish that all people be presented before God, upstanding and cleansed of the evils of this world. I don't care what your particular religion is, one can be spiritual and accept Christ without fanfare or "Bible-thumping" like Norm66 referred to. But, just maybe, in a discussion with religious overtones, I might have an effect upon someone deciding to give their life to Christ. I try to not insult or offend anyone and will not push a person against their will. For those who refuse to believe in God, you should take every opportunity to enjoy this world because you will not enjoy the next one. Now would be a good time to start studying the Bible.

Link Removed

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

but wait...we've got quippy pics too...

christianity-demotivational-poster.gif

Link Removed

Link Removed

The Bible tells that in the last days Jesus will be defamed and that Christians will be persecuted for their belief in Him. It is all happening now and the persecution is steadily increasing. I can be called a "Bible thumper" or any other appellation one wants to give a believer and will gladly wear it. I would much rather be identified as believing in Jesus Christ than as one who debases and denies His existence. When I see the remarks made by some on here denouncing Jesus, it pains me knowing that every statement they make against Him will come back to haunt them. The Bible says that God will not be mocked (Gal. 6:7) and, one day, those so doing will be held accountable. Your future is in your own hands. Before you mock God again, remember that.

I have said this on other threads and will post it here. A very good friend and my Pastor said this.

"Everyone in Hell are TRUE Believers! But it is to late for them!"

One day you will know the truth! But when you do, where will you be? Will it be to late?

We have free will. So we can believe whatever we want. So if anyone wants to believe they evolved from some slime that washed up on a beach, that is their right. That saddens me and everyone who does believe in God. We do try to save everyone but to many are blind and deaf. Some of you can not understand how and why libs believe what they do. You can not understand why libs NEVER listen to other news outlets than the lib MSM. You believe that IF they ever did they would see how wrong the their lib view is.

I would simply ask you to take another look at Christianity with the thought, "What if this is the truth?" Do not get caught up in the idea that you are losing your freedom. Yes you will have to give up sin but you gain so much more. Try it, you will like it!

The US Constitution does not guarantee freedom from religion. It restricts the Government from establishing a required religion. It gives freedom of religion or not, your choice. So why are the atheist so cranked up. I still will never understand why they spend all their time fighting against something they don't believe exist, to start with. I don't believe in ghosts, but you don't see me putting up billboards and demonstrating about it. I just think they are like a bunch of "children" trying to seek attention by making a lot of noise.

I don't see the Casper the Ghost believers trying to use government assets to spread their beliefs. Maybe that's why you don't feel the need to object.

SR9: I don't believe in ghosts either but that does not apply here. Jesus is not a ghost. He is alive and well. There will always be doubting Thomas' in the world. Believers do not need to put up billboards to advertise for Christ because we know He is real. Those who try to deny Him so vigorously might be those who, in actuality, are afraid to admit that He is real because of the end result for the unbeliever. They are trying to convince themselves that they do not need a God and that they control everything about their own lives without Him. By mocking Him and defying Him, they think everything will be just fine when they leave this world. Don't think so!

Oldgrunt,
A nurse that works Hospice told me once she can always tell if a patient in their final days is a Christian Believer or not. The Christian Believers pass on relaxed and quiet. Some even with smiles on their face. She feels it is because they know where they are going and long to be going home to The Lord. On the other hand she says say's people that are not believers and people that never went to church or had rejected religion usually go fighting, kicking and screaming. She said she can only assume they may have found out where they are headed as they drift off into death. She also said it is encouraging to her how many people accept Jesus in their final hours and minutes, people that wanted nothing to do with Jesus only hours and days before.

"Don't give what is holy to dogs or throw your pearls to pigs, lest they will trample them under their feet and then turn and attack you".

Don't waste your time OG, atheists don't care anything about God's truth. Regardless of any evidence you lead them to you can't make them think. Atheists thrive by being a parasite on Christianity, and mostly target the shortcomings of individuals. Atheists are so opposed to anything linked to God that their hatred gets in the way of common sense. All lies begin with self-deceit. Satan is self-deceived and the father of all lies, therefore atheists being of their father the devil have the nearest alliance to Satan. An awful state of degenerates, atheists partake of the same principles and propensities which characterize the very nature and essence of their father the devil. The reason for an atheists resistance and rage is because God's word is truth, and the truth terrifies them. An atheist's only hope is that there is no afterlife, their greatest fear is that there is. When confronted with any debate an atheist is only able to issue negative commentary because, once again,the hatred of an atheist gets in the way of any common sense. Because the sole purpose of these unbelievers existence revolves around attacking the validity of the Holy Bible, these mindless mockers will never go away or shut up. As we can see, it has become apparent that if Satan cannot get at you any other way, he will continue to use his Mindless Spawn "extraordinaire" to continue to rage and foolishly waste our time.

A nurse that works Hospice told me once she can always tell if a patient in their final days is a non-believer or not. The non-believers pass on relaxed and quiet. Some even with smiles on their face. She feels it is because they know their lives have had meaning in the way they lived them without fear of a boggieman in the sky that might send them to eternal damnation for eating a lobster. On the other hand she say's people that are believers and especially those that call themselves Chrisitian usually go fighting, kicking and screaming. She said she can only assume they may have realized that their self-created version of a supernatural being may be the wrong version, and they fear death and the hell they perceive to be headed to. She also said it is hilarious to see how many self-described believers pray NOT to be with their sky daddy when given the chance to do so, some even calling it a "miracle" when they don't die and go to be with their imaginary friend.

anybody can make up stuff as evidence by the 10,000+ gods made up man over recorded history. Which 9,999 don't you believe in?

Once again, regardless of any evidence you lead them to, you can't make an atheist think. Atheists thrive by being a parasite on Christianity, and mostly target the shortcomings of individuals. Atheists are so opposed to anything linked to God that their hatred gets in the way of common sense. All lies begin with self-deceit. Satan is self-deceived and the father of all lies, therefore atheists being of their father the devil have the nearest alliance to Satan. An awful state of degenerates, atheists partake of the same principles and propensities which characterize the very nature and essence of their father the devil. The reason for an atheists resistance and rage is because God's word is truth, and the truth terrifies them. An atheist's only hope is that there is no afterlife, their greatest fear is that there is. When confronted with any debate an atheist is only able to issue negative commentary because, once again,the hatred of an atheist gets in the way of any common sense. Because the sole purpose of these unbelievers existence revolves around attacking the validity of the Holy Bible, these mindless mockers will never go away or shut up. As we can see it has become apparent that if Satan cannot get at you any other way, he will continue to use his Mindless Spawn "extraordinaire"to continue to rage and foolishly waste our time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back