this kind of crap shouldn't be happening here or anywhere for that matter

Set up, mistake, LE fishing maneuvers... and no matter what the outcome, the police are getting more and more heavy handed with citizens everywhere. Disgusting, in what is supposed to be a free country.

Exactly why I now call local law enforcement "The Gestapo".

The 2 big burning questions are, why would the son in law accept a package addressed to someone they don't recognize to an address not in their neighborhood.

Okay, I post this and last night in the middle of one of our usual Florida rain and thunder storms, the door bell rings. I answer and find a package in a plastic bag on the stoop and the FedEx truck pulling away. I bring it in, cut open the bag before realizing the package is for the neighbor across the street.

I'm embarrassed to say, yeah, I did go back to the front door and look up and down the street for unusual vehicles. I swear some of these threads are making me paranoid.

It turned out to be make up the neighbor teen ordered.

The 2 big burning questions are, why would the son in law accept a package addressed to someone they don't recognize to an address not in their neighborhood.

My family receives packages all the time. Some work related and others are things ordered from ebay/amazon. I rarely look at the address.

And why wouldn't someone point out the warrant was for a different address?
This is a really good question but first and foremost is the cops should be able to read and realize "Oh crap" wrong house, we screwed up. To make matters worse they trashed the place. I think there is more to this story.

I like to believe that law enforcement is doing the right thing.
I think everybody wants to believe this but I think that ship has sailed. One wrong door raid is bad enough but there seems to be an epidemic of these mistakes occurring. Luckily no one was killed but if someone had I am sure the police would defend their actions.

i've opened neighbors mail before not looking at the address too or received neighbors packages to hold for them whilst i knew they were out of town .........it happens but clearly the cops were way out of line and incompetent as well imo all that for suspicion of a fricken plant ffs.......we need to get that stuff back legal and stop all this bs revolving around it.........our prisons are mostly full of non violent weed possessions cases when the real criminals are let loose

Several of you wrote asking why the man accepted the package not addressed to the home/family and observed that you sometimes don't look at the address on a package before bringing it in. The other question that no one has talked about - Is it not a federal crime for a post office employee to intentionally misdeliver mail?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back