this is what is gonna cause

jaysonindaytona

us to loose our 2nd amendment rights...

Link Removed

UNLOAD your gun when you are just showing it off...

The person mishandling the weapon should be charged with reckless disregard or something. This person should not be handling a gun.

Rule 1 - The gun is always loaded
Rule 2 - If in doubt refer to Rule 1

I have spent a great deal of effort teaching my children that they should assume the weapon is loaded unless they personally unloaded it. If you pick up a gun you must either clear it or be preparing to shoot something/someone with it, there is no other alternative.

What happened to "pointing the gun in a safe direction" even in a house? The dude should have been pointing it DOWN!

My wife was taught that there is no such thing as an unloaded gun. Thats what I'm gonna be teaching my 5 month old when he's older, and any other kids we have.

What happened to "pointing the gun in a safe direction" even in a house? The dude should have been pointing it DOWN!

My wife was taught that there is no such thing as an unloaded gun. Thats what I'm gonna be teaching my 5 month old when he's older, and any other kids we have.

I am just going to point out some thing here. You siad your wife was taught about guns but how about you? Did you learn from your wife or were you also taught.:pleasantry:

One, if not the major problem is that most people these days have not been taught about guns, many nothing other than to fear them or only what they have learned on TV. Yes you are correct about the safety of guns and somewhere along the line before a person is allowed to purchase or handle a gun they should be taught gun safety above all things. If you can come up with a way of enforcing that we would all appreciated it. Like it is right now when a person turns 21 they can go get a gun as long as they pass the NICS check without knowing which end of the gun the bullet comes out of.

In church our Pastor related the following experience that he had and I will try to condense it. He was the police chaplin for the local police dept. and rode along with the LEO quite often. One night they got a call about an attempted suicide. When they arrived they found a young woman sitting on a couch sobbing. After viewing the scene and seeing no weapons he sat down beside her and asked what was going on. She reached down between the cushions of the cough and pulled out a .32 caliber, nickle plated revolver and pointed it at his head. She said I would have committed suicide if I had just known how to load this thing. :cray:

In this case the lack of knowledge saved her but that just demonstrates the lack of knowledge about guns for many people and even more the lack of safe handling. I proposed teaching gun safety in the school but have gotten chastised for even mentioning that. It seems as many do not trust the schools to be able to teach gun safety without a leftist slant. Maybe so but it needs to be taught somewhere because right not it isn't in the vast majority of homes, even those with guns in the house. Probably because the majority of parents don't know it themselves to be able to teach it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back