This doesn't help matters: 2 shot at gun show

nogods

Link Removed

Imagine you are the CEO of a big box store struggling with whether or not you will allow concealed carry in your stores.

You know it will make no difference to the criminals either way. You already have in place a policy to respond to armed robberies. You don't intend to rely on armed customers to carry out that policy.

So what does allowing concealed carry in your store do? It increases the risk that someone with a concealed carry permit is going to make a mistake and "accidentally" shoot one of your customers. That is probably a risk you aren't going to be willing to take.

Okay! That **** is on the operators of the show.

Every show I've ever gone to , you have to clear and check the weapon before it is locked (ty-wrapped) before entering. If that's not happening then the operators get what they deserve.

Stupidity of this sort causes all of us undo suffering. I can hear it now. The gun grabbers are going to use this event as a call to arms in the fight to shut down shows.

Stupid asses like this will cost us all!

Okay! That **** is on the operators of the show.

Every show I've ever gone to , you have to clear and check the weapon before it is locked (ty-wrapped) before entering. If that's not happening then the operators get what they deserve.

Stupidity of this sort causes all of us undo suffering. I can hear it now. The gun grabbers are going to use this event as a call to arms in the fight to shut down shows.

Stupid asses like this will cost us all!

For sure! You can't fix stupid, though, and some fool can always get it wrong, remove a mag & forget to clear the chamber. Most wepps will still fire (especially when someone has their finger on the trigger as they replace the wepp on the table--as they pull their hand away from the rifle, the tendency is to put pressure on the trigger), though I don't yet know the particulars.

Link Removed

Imagine you are the CEO of a big box store struggling with whether or not you will allow concealed carry in your stores.

You know it will make no difference to the criminals either way. You already have in place a policy to respond to armed robberies. You don't intend to rely on armed customers to carry out that policy.

So what does allowing concealed carry in your store do? It increases the risk that someone with a concealed carry permit is going to make a mistake and "accidentally" shoot one of your customers. That is probably a risk you aren't going to be willing to take.

Sorry...??? what does this story have to do with Concealed Carry weapons anywhere... ??
McLean County Sheriff Mike Emery says an attendee at the ECA Gun and Knife Show was laying a semi-automatic rifle on a vendor table Saturday when the gun went off.

As for this being on the organizers... I have attended and worked at enough gun shows to know that even if the organzers personally checked each and every gun that was brought in by an attendee or vendor - there will always be someone that cuts the ty-wrap to check the feel of the gun.
Sorry - I put this squarely on the owner of the rifle that fired. Either they didn't check it before they allowed it to be handled, or they allowed it to be handled and loaded during the show.

So again I ask ? What does this have to do with Big Box Store's decision to allow CONCEALED carry of HANDGUNS in their store ?

Bruce. Try decaf dude.

Now THAT is a truly brilliant response :no:

You're obvious more in tune here that I.... we should TOTALLY blame the organizers... or better...
let's blame the manufacturer of the rifle since it's design was clearly flawed.

Sorry... but I am damned tired of people pushing blame off to someone else, and even more tired of people that try to stir up resentment for our second amendment rights by clearly misdirecting attention from the real incident to so oh so scary bull-puckey hypothetical situation.

But feel free to igmore me and anything I might point out because I clearly had too much coffee this morning

Sorry...??? what does this story have to do with Concealed Carry weapons anywhere... ??

So again I ask ? What does this have to do with Big Box Store's decision to allow CONCEALED carry of HANDGUNS in their store ?

Logic and reasoning. Maybe you need more coffee.

If I'm the CEO of a big box store contemplating store policy on concealed carry I'm thinking about the safety of my employees and my customers. If people supposedly familiar with firearm safety can't keep from accidentally shooting themselves at events focused on firearms, then maybe the last thing I want is armed shoppers in my store with "one in the chamber" on their hips.

Perhaps I'll just do what the gun show operators do, and require all firearms to be unloaded and zip tied before entering. If that policy is good for a gun show, surely it must be good for big box stores.

Perhaps I'll just do what the gun show operators do, and require all firearms to be unloaded and zip tied before entering. If that policy is good for a gun show, surely it must be good for big box stores.

Or maybe to make it simpler for the checkers at the front door, that CEO will merely direct putting up a 'no firearms' sign and be done with it. With the exception of a few states like SD, IN, PA and WA with a fair percentage (5 - 7%) of the adult population regularly carrying, if we all went to a competing big box store which wasn't posted, it wouldn't even register a blip on the accountant's radar.

We don't have strength in numbers so we have to come up with more creative ways to sell our 2A beliefs to these kinds of decision makers.

A few disgruntled shoppers declaring they'll never go back to XYZ megastore isn't going to cut it. That's just a personal "feel good" measure.

IMNSHO two points seem to stand out:

If I'm the owner of a firearm then any liability for bringing a loaded weapon to the show rests with me. At last weekend gun show I saw a number of sellers walking around with "For Sale" signs on their weapons. While the show operators must perform due diligence to safeguard the attendees, the arm owner is responsible for not bringing one loaded to the show.

Second: What part of keeping "concealed" is a problem? When I'm carrying, I don't broadcast the fact. Not to store owners, not to those who are with me. Family and close friends know that I carry and the subject does not come up on normal conversation, it's assumed. 'Nuff said. If the shop or restaurant is a "No arms" zone, I go elsewhere.

Now THAT is a truly brilliant response :no:

You're obvious more in tune here that I.... we should TOTALLY blame the organizers... or better...
let's blame the manufacturer of the rifle since it's design was clearly flawed.

Sorry... but I am damned tired of people pushing blame off to someone else, and even more tired of people that try to stir up resentment for our second amendment rights by clearly misdirecting attention from the real incident to so oh so scary bull-puckey hypothetical situation.

But feel free to igmore me and anything I might point out because I clearly had too much coffee this morning

Bruce: If I didn't know better, I would think you were PO'd about the blame game going on. I don't recommend decaf, just 3 fingers of Jack Daniels in a 55 gal. drum. That'll do the trick! Anyway, for what it's worth, I agree with you.:sarcastic:

Link Removed

You can blame the 4King lawyers for this type of irrational thinking... I would have expected no less coming from you...

So now we'll need another 6-10 new laws, regulations, and restrictions. Perhaps an exam to indicate proficiency and another certificate we need to carry. Of course this will cost the gun owner more $$ and have a 1 year expiration date so we will have to retest each year. We will all be required to carry firearm insurance at another cost incurred by the gun owner.

2 simple, basic, fundamental, and sensible gun handling techniques were ignored by multiple people...

Carry it concealed and no one is the wiser. The CEO will never see it...

Last edited:
Bruce: If I didn't know better, I would think you were PO'd about the blame game going on. I don't recommend decaf, just 3 fingers of Jack Daniels in a 55 gal. drum. That'll do the trick! Anyway, for what it's worth, I agree with you.:sarcastic:

Hmmmmm... don't know about that 55 gallon drum... but the 3-fingers of Jack... now THAT is an idea I can live with :laugh:

Logic and reasoning. Maybe you need more coffee.

If I'm the CEO of a big box store contemplating store policy on concealed carry I'm thinking about the safety of my employees and my customers. If people supposedly familiar with firearm safety can't keep from accidentally shooting themselves at events focused on firearms, then maybe the last thing I want is armed shoppers in my store with "one in the chamber" on their hips.

Again, here you are being a true friend of the right to keep and bear arms. :no: Infringing on the right one ridiculous scenario at a time...
In the imaginary world that you live in, you would have no one except yourself able to be armed. Another dictator in the making. Perhaps we should pad the corners and take the edges off of the world just to make it safer for you? Maybe the last thing in the world we need is you walking around with a gun, never mind one in the chamber...

Logic and Reasoning, Perhaps you need lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, of coffee...

Rights trampling...

Again, here you are being a true friend of the right to keep and bear arms. :no: Infringing on the right one ridiculous scenario at a time...
In the imaginary world that you live in, you would have no one except yourself able to be armed. Another dictator in the making. Perhaps we should pad the corners and take the edges off of the world just to make it safer for you? Maybe the last thing in the world we need is you walking around with a gun, never mind one in the chamber...

Logic and Reasoning, Perhaps you need lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, of coffee...

Rights trampling...

Bah...blah...blah...

Charlie Sheen even sounds a lot more sane...

Bah...blah...blah...

Charlie Sheen even sounds a lot more sane...

That's it??? No rationalizing your reasoning?? No expanding on the idea that a total handgun ban in any public place would be a real benefit to society and make the world safer?

Now that's priceless...:sarcastic:

I have attended and worked at enough gun shows to know that even if the organzers personally checked each and every gun that was brought in by an attendee or vendor - there will always be someone that cuts the ty-wrap to check the feel of the gun.

Definitely an issue. It's not possible to check the fit of a handgun in a holster with the handgun tie-wrapped... Can't assume the gun is unloaded just because everyone was cleared at a checkpoint. ALL guns must be considered loaded at all times!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playmatka
Back