Things I learned at USMC basic training which are good lessons for life

HKS

Here is the list of things I learned at USMC boot camp (at Quantico for officer candidates) which are also good lessons for life:

1 - stand up straight, head up, shoulders square, chest out, stomach in, feet together, hands at your sides, fingers with their natural curl not clenched or extended (for the position of attention, but it makes sense to stand up straight in real life rather than hunched over like a hunchback);

2 - speak only when spoken to;

3 - get in step (with the program as well not just cadence);

4 - from now on you will sleep with your rifle (or any relevant firearm such as a pistol);

5 - this is my rifle -- there are many like it but this one is mine;

6 - one round one dead man;

7 - take charge (of this post and all government property in view -- 1st general order for sentries)

8 - never ass-u-me;

9 - opinions are like A/H's -- everybody's got one and they all stink;

10 - look sharp;

11 - speak without moving your hands;

12 - always be faithful -- that's what Semper Fi means.

There were many, many more things of course, like how to climb obstacles, how to crawl through mud, how to clean a rifle and/or a pistol, how to lead fire teams, squads, platoons, companies, and batteries, how to adjust fire support, how to frontally assault or envelope, how to divide any major task into 5 to 10 steps and teach it by the numbers, how to give orders and take them, etc.

Wondering what others learned from their own military/naval/aviation experience as well?

Unfortunately, all of the services have some of them. Just like in civilian life.

The military, naval, and air services are better at breaking complex tasks down into simple steps by the numbers.

And military etc. instruction is more detailed and specific too.

Eidolon has become somewhat of a "troll" and so I want to get a better sense of whether he was really ever in the armed forces or else on the other hand whether he simply cannot resist "trolling".

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back