There were many discussions back during the Zimmerman trial

S&W645

NRA Life Member
about TM just giving him a beat down. Well here is an example of just one blow causing a guy's death. Let's see if there is any justice in NYC for Jeff Babbitt. Or whether because it is black on white, that they won't get a hate crime conviction. This is why you can't allow the first blow even and need to be armed if you are older facing a younger attacker. Jeff would not have hurt a flea. RIP Jeff. http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/10/justice/new-york-hate-crime-death/index.html

Problem is your using the words.hate crime.In America today there is no hate crime if it's black on white.( I'm in no way.prejudice) it's just the way it is right now and it is more than wrong

If this country wants to stop being divisive when it comes to race then certain things need to change. The term "hate crime" needs to be eliminated. When reporters start calling something a "hate crime" they are fanning the flames of racism. I've not known of a violent crime done lovingly, therefore, just call it what it is, a crime. The other things that need to change are for a different thread.

If this country wants to stop being divisive when it comes to race then certain things need to change. The term "hate crime" needs to be eliminated. When reporters start calling something a "hate crime" they are fanning the flames of racism. I've not known of a violent crime done lovingly, therefore, just call it what it is, a crime. The other things that need to change are for a different thread.

Exactly - either all such crimes are hate crimes or none of them are. A crime is a crime -"hate crime"is just a way of saying that some groups are justified in the crimes they commit and others are not.

I agree. A crime is a crime. The politically correct agenda is to label everything in order to create a social stigma. The media and the politically correct are trying hard to categorize all gun owners as loose cannons with black rifles ready to blow away dozens of people at a mall because somebody got their fast food order wrong therefor we must declare them as gunfree zones. Newspapers releasing the names of registered gun owners and apps for smart phones showing address are all part of this stigma. Be afraid, be very afraid.

The words " Hate Crime " are not of my choosing but rather those of our gov't. And many have seen, Eric Holder will go after a white on black murder charge and call it a hate crime so as to invoke Federal Law to try someone. Even if they were found not guilty in a court of law already. But the problem is not in the wording but in the doing. The Federal gov't turns a blind eye towards the opposite type of attacks. And that is where the racism comes in. If you watch the video, you see a black woman actually quoting the killer. Why do they need a Grand Jury to decide if it fits the hate crime laws when they have witnesses to his own words and actions?

And yes, this case is personal. I knew Jeff when he lived in S. Florida.

Where is the outcry from Obama and his criminal administration? Where? Jesse? Al? Oh, wrong skin color.

A horrible tragedy. Witnesses corroborate his "threat" toward the next white person he sees.

If this isn't a racially motivated crime, then there is no such thing as a racially motivated crime.

This makes me sick.

S&W645, I'm sorry you lost a friend.

The words " Hate Crime " are not of my choosing but rather those of our gov't. And many have seen, Eric Holder will go after a white on black murder charge and call it a hate crime so as to invoke Federal Law to try someone. Even if they were found not guilty in a court of law already. But the problem is not in the wording but in the doing. The Federal gov't turns a blind eye towards the opposite type of attacks. And that is where the racism comes in. If you watch the video, you see a black woman actually quoting the killer. Why do they need a Grand Jury to decide if it fits the hate crime laws when they have witnesses to his own words and actions?

And yes, this case is personal. I knew Jeff when he lived in S. Florida.

Truly, my sincerest condolences for the loss of your friend. Going out in a way that makes it a national story is even worse, I'm sure. It would be for me anyway.

That said, I have to say this; Holder no more believes in "hate crimes" than he does in unicorns. What he does believe in is selective enforcement based on race, and that is just as despicable whether none of us had ever heard the phrase "hate crime" or not.

I personally detest the notion that one's skin color or status as a homosexual or gender or any other consideration is used to "enhance" sentencing in this country. I thought it was stupid when it first came out, and I continue to think it's stupid now. If I believe it to be bad law for people of color or homosexuals or whatever, I believe it to be just as bad law for white folk, and I don't want bad law equally enforced, I want it abolished across the board.

The animal who perpetrated the crime against your friend should burn in Hell, and the state should make the travel arrangements as soon as possible. Unfortunately, NY doesn't do the death penalty, so whatever is the next-best thing to make the animal suffer for the rest of his days is appropriate in my mind. But charging him with a "hate crime" makes no more sense to me than charging a white animalistic murderer who killed a black victim with the same idiotic kind of crime.

I get the "tit-for-tat" meme being suggested here, and recognize that knowing the victim has the potential to make it too personal to view the events objectively, but "hate crimes" gotta go no matter who the victim is IMO.

Blues

S & W 645, Please accept my condolences, I'm very sorry for your loss. This just goes to show that fear of "great bodily harm" is very real when deciding to defend your self with deadly force or not.

Another article from later on. Link Removed Bad apple who thinks he will win. That is the actions of a thug if there ever was one.

And thanks folks. I did cry a bit yesterday when I found out.

Another article from later on. Link Removed Bad apple who thinks he will win. That is the actions of a thug if there ever was one.

My prayers are with you and yours and also with Jeff's family.

My condolences as well.....

"My reflex sight doesn't see color or religion, just targets and victims."

Howdy,

about TM just giving him a beat down. Well here is an example of just one blow causing a guy's death. Let's see if there is any justice in NYC for Jeff Babbitt. Or whether because it is black on white, that they won't get a hate crime conviction. This is why you can't allow the first blow even and need to be armed if you are older facing a younger attacker. Jeff would not have hurt a flea. RIP Jeff. NYC beating death being investigated as possible hate crime - CNN.com

I thought this thread was going to be about George Zimmerman and how he beat up his wife and sucker punched his FNL in the nose in an unprovoked attack.

Luckily for GZ his FNL wasn't packin' heat at the time.

Paul

Loosing a friend is tough, loosing a friend senselessly is tragic. You and Jeff's family are in my prayers.
~
I'm with Blue on this "hate crime" it never made sense and never will. A crime is just that a crime and it is either a violent crime or a non-violent crime. This is all the justice system needs to know about any crime brought to the court, violent crimes are just that, violent in nature and should be violent in punishment. Fear of retribution under the legal system is missing, retribution is and always will be what keeps the animals at bay. We have become to complacent in nature as a society and have lost that edge and the criminals KNOW IT.
~
I am God fearing, I love my neighbor and I am willing to turn the other check, but violence begets violence and I will not go down without a fight.

My condolences to you S&W and your friend Jeff's family. I note also, while grinding my teeth, that this life-long thug has been in & out of the criminal justice system many, many times, with previous violence charges to boot. Hopefully NY will put him away for a long time this time around, but I will not bet on it.

Sorry for the loss S&W. Another story now out in NYC with the bike gang almost killing the driver of an SUV. VID shows it's a man of color smashing in the drivers window. I also add the slashing of the family to include a 2 year old in a Manhattan Park yesterday. Again, another senseless violent act BUT could have been prevented by the victims being able to CC/OC to protect and defend themselves or family. NOT in NYC or State.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back