There once was a website with useful chart of CCW laws for each state.

ZoneIII

Until a while back, there was a website that had a very useful chart that listed the most important CC gun laws for each state. For example, at a glance, you could tell if you have to inform a police officer if you are carrying during a traffic stop (in some states you don't). I can't remember the name of the site. I had a link for it but, if I remember correctly, the link was no longer any good the last time I checked. As we all know, it can be a pain to make sure you are following all the CC laws in different states while traveling. The site I mentioned had the most important laws for each state listed in a very fast and easy-to-understand chart. Of course, it couldn't list all the laws for each county or town but it had the most important information and it was well organized.

Does anyone know of a similar site?

Being from Illinois, it's very easy to remember all the gun laws my state! :frown:

Per the post about the CCW app i purchased it ($1.49) it is a great app and well worth the money. I highly recommend it for anyone who travels alot and carries.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

this site has a cool reciprocating map but doesn't tell the laws of each state .........perhaps we can help lukem put together such a page on this forum on the map section here
Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry
so we can click on a state and get the updated statutes
that's a great idea
btw welcome aboard!

Yes, we do list the laws for each state.

Concealed Carry Permit Information By State

Its the second link in the navigation that says Concealed Carry Permit Information.

thanks lukem i was just coming back to this thread to share that and thanks for pointing it out
:yes4: excellent resource for carriers all around

There is an excellent book out with detailed laws for each state. I'm leaving on a motorcycle trip in a couple days and it will be in my saddlebag. I bought it online. It's called "Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States" Check it out at Link Removed.
I am in no way connected to, or profiting from the sale of this book. I purchased it a couple months ago and am just passing the information along.

Last edited by a moderator:
Link Removed

sounds like the one you were referring to.

I check them and USA Carry ..... seem to be the best two kept up sources. The NRA one is always way behind any changes, etc. Then, if those two disagree, I go to the State AG or Safety Dept site itself and check it.

I don't think that's the one I was thinking of but it will do just as well. The one I mentioned had a chart that made it very fast to check out all the important rules and laws but handgunlaws.us has all the information I need - just in a differerent format. Thanks much!

I have seen the book mentioned in this thread and it's very good. The only problem I have with it is that it won't reflect changes in laws like a website can. Still, it's very useful. I keep a similar book in my cars. It's probably out-of-date, though.

Thanks guys!

Link Removed

sounds like the one you were referring to.

I check them and USA Carry ..... seem to be the best two kept up sources. The NRA one is always way behind any changes, etc. Then, if those two disagree, I go to the State AG or Safety Dept site itself and check it.

How about this one?

Link Removed

I posted about this same website 2 days ago...would have been Post #8...that post seems to have disappeared.

There is an excellent book out with detailed laws for each state. I'm leaving on a motorcycle trip in a couple days and it will be in my saddlebag. I bought it online. It's called "Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States" Check it out at Link Removed.
I am in no way connected to, or profiting from the sale of this book. I purchased it a couple months ago and am just passing the information along.

I think my instructor had several copies of this for sale when I took my cc class back in May.

I have the iPhone app: Legal Heat, gives Concealed Carry laws, Open Carry laws, Transport Rules, and Additional Information for all 50 states. Supposedly updated regularly. Seems pretty good.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back