The Walking Dead

jfisch

Resident Troll
Just wondering if there were any Walking Dead fans here? Maybe anyone picking up on guns you have seen them using?

I just started watching the series. Bought season 1 and 2 on DVD. Just finished the first one about to start the 2nd. Pretty good show and a nice budget for special effects. I don't plan to watch any of the new season until I get up to speed.

1st was great... 2nd season got a little bogged down in the middle but stick through it and the last few episodes will make up for it. Season 3 has been spectacular so far.

It's one of about three shows I will watch at all. Was watching the marathon this weekend and I had to laugh after once again seeing the (ambush) scene where the "Governor" picks up a spooky black rifle and shoots a guy running away from him and his goon squad. The rear sight was flipped down. Technical SNAFU's aside, I enjoy the show.

Too bad they are going to kill off my favorite character this season... :angry:

Yeah there have been a few little errors here and there but overall I think they do a pretty good job with the realistic aspect. My only concern sometimes is I think they're a little liberal with their ammo. Unless they're reloading and not showing us that I think I'd only use my guns in a super sticky situation. Blunt/Sharp objects are your friend when there isn't a constant supply of ammo... kind of like know, am I right? :biggrin:
I've read most of the comics up to the point they're at now and they're so far off I wouldn't even begin to know where they're going with it. Trying to remain spoiler-free I have been surprised at who they kill off. No one is safe and that's what makes it so good.
Between The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad AMC has got some great television. Really shows that if you want to do it right and tell a great story it can be done.

We love the show but haven't been watching season three... we don't have cable anymore, haven't for a year now. It's one of the things we gave up to spend our cash elsewhere. I've seen up tp where Carl kills his Mom and Rick thinks he's talking to her on the phone... watched it over X-mas break while at my Dad's house. Where's the season at now?

Lol !Spoiler alert!
We love the show but haven't been watching season three... we don't have cable anymore, haven't for a year now. It's one of the things we gave up to spend our cash elsewhere. I've seen up tp where Carl kills his Mom and Rick thinks he's talking to her on the phone... watched it over X-mas break while at my Dad's house. Where's the season at now?

The first new episode of the season was last night. You can watch it on AMCTV.com I think... the rest of them you may have to wait or find some other way of getting them.

I've recently started watching. I'm only 5 episodes deep into season 1, but I already have some major problems with it. I'll point out the one that is most prominent to this specific forum.

So far, only two types of people have guns. (a. the police and (b. hick rednecks with nasty tempers. (with the exception of a short scene involving a black man and his kid.) It plays into the Leftist mentality that only cops and crazy, racist, sexist, conspiracy theorists have guns.

Does this change? Are the weapons ever respected and not pointed at friends' heads in each episode? Do people start using actual logic? Does the acting become bearable?

I've recently started watching. I'm only 5 episodes deep into season 1, but I already have some major problems with it. I'll point out the one that is most prominent to this specific forum.

So far, only two types of people have guns. (a. the police and (b. hick rednecks with nasty tempers. (with the exception of a short scene involving a black man and his kid.) It plays into the Leftist mentality that only cops and crazy, racist, sexist, conspiracy theorists have guns.

Does this change? Are the weapons ever respected and not pointed at friends' heads in each episode? Do people start using actual logic? Does the acting become bearable?

In the first few episodes (mostly first season) the time spent is establishing the hierarchy of the survivors. It's also fairly early into the apocalypse so mostly the people with guns were the people who already had guns. As the series goes on the world opens up and more characters are introduced and more weapons are found, etc. So yes the weapons become respected... In a way. In fact because the walkers are attracted to the sound of gunshots most of the time the kills are via some sort of blunt object.

As far as the the leftist mentality do you really think those whiny sissy liberals would be able to survive the zombie apocalypse? They'll probably want to give the zombies equal rights and let them marry and eat all the brains they want.

I've never really had a problem with the logic of the series. It's a freaking zombie apocalypse man! **** is totally different! Rules of the old day no longer apply.

I've also never had a problem with the acting either so can't really help you there. I've only found the show got better so I guess it does.

What I really love about the show is, for instance, in one episode character so-and-so makes a decision and at the time you're like "Man, I wouldn't have made that decision." But then a few episodes later you're totally like "I completely understand that decision now." It's all about being able to relate to the characters and put yourself in their shoes.

Thanks for the info. I've been told the dialog gets better, so I'm holding out for that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back