The reason why I carry, Even when I go to WalMart..

S&WM&P40

years ago is facing the same felony charge in connection with a stabbing in the parking lot of Wal-Mart Monday night.

Eric Sanborn, 27, was arraigned in circuit court in Claremont yesterday afternoon and remains held without bail at the Sullivan County House of Corrections. Sanborn appeared before Judge Jack Yazinski via video from the Unity jail. Yazinski did not enter a plea on Sanborn’s behalf and scheduled a probable cause hearing on Jan. 17.

Sanborn, who is on parole from his March 2007 conviction, did not speak at the arraignment.

He also faces a second felony charge of being a felon in possession of a deadly weapon.

According to authorities, Sanborn allegedly stabbed Peter Ilnicki in the chest during an altercation involving several people that began inside the store. Ilnicki, who spoke to police at the scene, was treated at Valley Regional Hospital. Police said in a news release “there is no information that the injury is life threatening.”

Corporal Brent Wilmot, in his affidavit filed with the court, gave the following account of the events leading to the charges against Sanborn:

Police were called to the big box store around 6 p.m. for a fight in progress involving several people. Upon arrival, Wilmot spotted two men, one shirtless, who later turned out to be Sanborn, fighting near the grocery side entrance. As Wilmot approached, they started running away with Sanborn being chased by the other man. Several people pointed to the shirtless man and said, “It’s that guy.”

Wilmot chased the man without a shirt, quickly caught and tackled him and immediately recognized him as Sanborn because of prior incidents. Sanborn was handcuffed and placed in the cruiser.

At about the same time, the man who was chasing Sanborn, identified as Nicholas Lohman, and another man, Joseph Ilnicki, came over and began yelling at Sanborn about having stabbed their brother and then throwing a knife on the ground before being apprehended.

Police recovered a knife from under the tire of a pick-up truck. Wilmot described it as a “Husky box cutter-style knife.”

Joseph Ilnicki told Wilmot he was inside Wal-Mart with his brothers, Lohman and Peter Ilnicki, when he told several people who were using foul language to “curb their inappropriate behavior in a public place.”

Once they got outside the store, Sanborn joined the other group and Joseph Ilnicki said they began “trash talking” and “running their mouth” to each other. At that point, Sanborn confronted Peter Ilnicki and allegedly stabbed him with a knife.

Lohman told Wilmot, the police officer, he never witnessed the stabbing but when Peter Ilnicki lifted his shirt, he saw blood. That is when Lohman chased Sanborn, tackled him and they began fighting. Shortly thereafter, police arrived.

Peter Ilnicki told Wilmot that he never saw the knife in Sanborn’s hand but after the accused pushed him in the chest, he “felt something warm dripping down his chest and pulled up his shirt to discover he had been stabbed.”

Ilnicki told police no one else had any physical contact with him. He also told police he did not know Sanborn and never had any contact with him prior to the incident.

Wilmot described the wound as “not only long but it was very deep as well.”

In court yesterday, police prosecutor Tony Shepherd told Judge Yazinski that the knife wound was “almost down to the muscle.”

Based on the interviews at the scene, what he witnessed, the wound and evidence recovered, Wilmot said there was probable cause to charge Sanborn with felony assault.

Police did not provide the ages or addresses of those interviewed at the scene.

As you can see even in a small city of 13,500 people, the wanna be thugs still bother people.

I was on my way there when we decided to go to another store, we would have been caught in the middle of this fight.

Parking lots and convenience stores are the most dangerous places I regularly go. I'm like you. I ALWAYS carry in those places.

Walmart is a natural magnet for criminals and wanna-be criminals. Never, never let your wife go alone, no matter what city it's in. Look at the customers - how they look is warning enough.

My Lady goes nowhere after dark without me, period! I'm always armed, always!

Walmart is a natural magnet for criminals and wanna-be criminals. Never, never let your wife go alone, no matter what city it's in. Look at the customers - how they look is warning enough.

Parking lots and convenience stores are the most dangerous places I regularly go. I'm like you. I ALWAYS carry in those places.

She is also armed, she has had her carry permit for a few years now. Carry's her Ruger LCP.

CWM1611, how does your wife like the trigger on her SR9C?

My wife is interested in that gun.

She loves it, anytime I conduct a class within 50mi of the house she comes at noon (I hold range time after lunch) so I can take her out to eat and she can shoot -- then she goes home.

It's not true single action but not as long or heavy as double action -- it call it action and a half. This is the firearm that caused her to relegate the .357 revolver to 2nd position. She doesn't mind the 10 round mag but prefers the extra grip of her 17rnd (keeps the two 10rnd as backup).

She likes her gun even more since a light was placed on it (less recoil recovery time).

She loves it, anytime I conduct a class within 50mi of the house she comes at noon (I hold range time after lunch) so I can take her out to eat and she can shoot -- then she goes home.

It's not true single action but not as long or heavy as double action -- it call it action and a half. This is the firearm that caused her to relegate the .357 revolver to 2nd position. She doesn't mind the 10 round mag but prefers the extra grip of her 17rnd (keeps the two 10rnd as backup).

She likes her gun even more since a light was placed on it (less recoil recovery time).

Great! I'll have the little woman rent one and see how she likes it, Thanks cwm1611!

Same here; I always have a PT99, my wife always has her SR9C.

CWM1611, how does your wife like the trigger on her SR9C?

My wife is interested in that gun.

My wife started out with an SR9C and she said It was to big so she sold it. Then she went to the Ruger LCR 38 special, sold that and ended up with the Ruger LCP.

Working for Ruger helped her a lot, she use to work on the NH plant, before she left she was making the mini 14's.

Yup, even here, 7000 or so people, all the woulda been wankstas show up at Walmart and try to intimidate our 50% single mom population. In the summer we have to deal with all the illegals the farmers hire. A mean look is enough to scatter even the loudest of them. Then there's the methheads from Minneapolis/ St Paul coming to buy tons of bleach and propane tanks.

OCing stops all the "essays" in their tracks.

I thought I was leaving that crap behind when I moved out here...

Yup, even here, 7000 or so people, all the woulda been wankstas show up at Walmart and try to intimidate our 50% single mom population. In the summer we have to deal with all the illegals the farmers hire. A mean look is enough to scatter even the loudest of them. Then there's the methheads from Minneapolis/ St Paul coming to buy tons of bleach and propane tanks.

OCing stops all the "essays" in their tracks.

I thought I was leaving that crap behind when I moved out here...

Yeah, I know what you mean. After my second back operation I bought my families lake house on Cedar Creek Lake in East Texas. All the meth heads running from the law (Dallas). Came there to cook their crank. The lake got the nick name "Speeder" Creek Lake. You could smell it on the night air. They were cranked out! That's when I had to start carrying. Still recovering from the operations. But Texas being Texas most people carried long before you could get a permit. Most pickups had a gun-rack with at least 1 shotgun in it. You just never knew when you would have a need for protection.
Oh the memories!

I have been at the wal-mart late at night after I come from the gym at 02:00 am and have seen a lot of crazy people still there at the time. I always carry when I can but not all the time because mostly when I get off of work it's 10:45 pm, go to my church at 11:10 pm and after that I go to the gym to pump some iron and run on the treadmill and after that then I go to wal-mart. Seem like the peoples come out of the rocks and dens just to go the wal-mart, some time I carry but not open carry.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back