The Illinois State Polive have begun APPROVING Carry Conceal Licenses TODAY

AlphaKoncepts

I checked my status online at the ISP website and have been approved for my carry conceal license. History continues!

Expires Jan 20th, 2019.

With all the news coverage the last few months, I would bet it has already dropped. (Seriously). Certainly after a few news articles of justified shootings, or even justified shooting events, the gang bangers will spread word and hopefully go apply for a job.

Does your application still say"approved"? Probably not now. Seems as if the ISP has gone back and marked those that had previously been approved to "Under review". Why? Because they are going to need more time to train their officers. Yup......they haven't done that yet. This whole thing just seemed to sneak up on them.

Does your application still say"approved"? Probably not now. Seems as if the ISP has gone back and marked those that had previously been approved to "Under review". Why? Because they are going to need more time to train their officers. Yup......they haven't done that yet. This whole thing just seemed to sneak up on them.
Yep back under review, 2 days later. I don't believe their story. LEO's have been getting trained since last year after the law passed.

What the fvck would the cops need to be "re-trained" for?!
Not to do a mag dump every time they draw?!
vene4ytu.jpg

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Yep back under review, 2 days later. I don't believe their story. LEO's have been getting trained since last year after the law passed.

It's hard to deprogram jack booted thuggery. You're asking folks that have their entire careers equated owning a gun with "BAD GUY" except of course the LEO's.

Some of them probably keep shooting the good guy in their simulation tests.

PDs started training as soon as the laws were set.
They didn't change the status cause of that.
It doesn't matter why because they will push it to the last cple days of their required dead line then issue permits.
I work with a lot of IL state troopers and they are all very happy that CC is in effect soon.
It's the politicians that are gonna stall as long as possible.

****, if they don't start producing permits by the required time, I could pretty much bet that SPD would accept ur qualification certificate as a permit to carry.
They were letting people slide by with just the FOID cards in southern IL if they caught them carrying.

What the fvck would the cops need to be "re-trained" for?!
Not to do a mag dump every time they draw?!
vene4ytu.jpg

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.
... because for decades they were trained to do a mag dump at the sight of a gun since only criminals were allowed to have guns in Illinois. Now they have to be retrained to ask before shooting us.

On a side note, the ccl website was down for maintenance, and when brought back up a bunmch of emails went out saying people were approved, but website statuses still show as under review. FWIW I was one of the original 50 approved, then put under review again, but got no such email.

THEY ARE TOYING WITH ME LIKE A YOYO.

Is it possibly because of the 30 day objection window that law enforcement agencies have to object to an application? I don't know if the certified instructors went through the background check prior to being certified or not.

Is it possibly because of the 30 day objection window that law enforcement agencies have to object to an application? I don't know if the certified instructors went through the background check prior to being certified or not.

No, they do not HAVE to object, they don't even HAVE to review. It is totally optional on their part if they want to review applicants and possibly file an objection. There are statutory requirements one must meet to be eligible for the CCL. After re-reading your post maybe I misread the first time, but still good info to leave here.

The 30 day window expired for me when I posted this thread originally. Plus yes as an instructor I am assuming I was already background checked when I got my instructor credentials.

I submitted mine 1/5/14. It has been saying under review for a while.
Today I reiceved a email giving me a payment confirmation#.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back