The Gun Haters at it again!

vernsimpson

Here is a story about how the anti's are going to harass us that have legal guns and are carrying. While the story says that the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence want people to call the police if they have any idea that someone with a gun is a threat, there is no doubt they want to harass us. They never give up!

Link Removed

Here is a story about how the anti's are going to harass us that have legal guns and are carrying. While the story says that the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence want people to call the police if they have any idea that someone with a gun is a threat, there is no doubt they want to harass us. They never give up!

Link Removed

Well how the hell are they supposed to know I have a gun? Concealed is concealed.

And why I do not wear gun related t-shirts, except to the range, and I do not have any gun related stickers on my vehicle. Anonymity is your friend. Nor political stickers on vehicle or signs in my yard.

98% percent of the time nobody would know I'm carrying. I do have a sticker on my truck that says ".45 ACP, because shooting twice is just silly" I didn't put it there because I'm playing billy bad ass. I put it there because I thought it was cute and funny.
I did hesitate before buying and putting it on but decided that I refuse to cower in the dark because somebody else doesn't like it. If I did that, I'd never drive my brand of truck, carry my weapon, smoke a cigarette, eat meat, kill a snake, mouse or rat, or any one of 50 other politically incorrect things.
I stay within the law and have the same 'right' to express my self that the antis have. If I kneel to them, they win.

I only CC too. Agree that most of the time people do not know I am carrying but if anyone really looked they could see a bulge at times when I am doing things such as filling up and cleaning the windows and such. I have found that most people are not very observant. But I have met some who did see that I was carrying. They did not give me any trouble and I do believe there were a couple who "did not approve".

My purpose for starting this thread was to get out info so everyone could be aware. It may not happen but forewarned is forearmed.

Bottom line we all should stay even more alert and aware because the climate out there is changing. The proof of this is all the LEOs getting killed and the rhetoric that is coming out of Black Lives Matter.

Here is a link to a story saying as much. Of course MSM has ignored it!

Link Removed

While concealed carry was mentioned in one or two of the cited social media postings in the Faux News article, clearly the CSGV's, Mommies' and others' focus is on OC'ers. Regardless though, whether focus be on both methods of carry or not, Faux News and the comments thus far in this thread have failed to recognize that LEOs who engage in the harassment of carriers as a result of the false reporting are just as culpable as the false reporters if the law-abiding carriers being reported have their rights violated for engaging in perfectly legal activity.

Faux News and way too many gun owners in this country always blame anyone but law enforcement for these types of controversies, when the plain and simple and beyond obvious fact is, that engaging in perfectly legal activity should never be thought of as justification for involuntary contact with government enforcers. In such situations, it is the enforcers breaking the law, not the gun owners, and yet LEOs get a pass. What's up with that?

Blues

While concealed carry was mentioned in one or two of the cited social media postings in the Faux News article, clearly the CSGV's, Mommies' and others' focus is on OC'ers. Regardless though, whether focus be on both methods of carry or not, Faux News and the comments thus far in this thread have failed to recognize that LEOs who engage in the harassment of carriers as a result of the false reporting are just as culpable as the false reporters if the law-abiding carriers being reported have their rights violated for engaging in perfectly legal activity.

Faux News and way too many gun owners in this country always blame anyone but law enforcement for these types of controversies, when the plain and simple and beyond obvious fact is, that engaging in perfectly legal activity should never be thought of as justification for involuntary contact with government enforcers. In such situations, it is the enforcers breaking the law, not the gun owners, and yet LEOs get a pass. What's up with that?

Blues
You deserve a beer! If you're ever in the Atlanta area PM me! I'm paying!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

You deserve a beer! If you're ever in the Atlanta area PM me! I'm paying!

I don't drink, but I do go to Hot 'Lanta occasionally. May well PM you if I head that way anytime soon.

Welcome to the site.

Odd that no one else could bring themselves to comment on the cops who are full-fledged participants in the kind of harassment that the aforementioned groups' harassment campaigns are designed to foment. All the 911 operator has to be trained to do is screen such calls where OC and/or CC are legal. "Well, what are they doing with the gun, Madam Mommy?"

"He's wearing it on his hip right out in front of God and everybody!!! He's walking around like he's no danger to anyone!!!"

"Well, unless his life is being threatened, he likely is no danger to anyone. What you're reporting Madam Mommy, is perfectly legal activity. I cannot waste our officers' time just to actively support your hoplophobia and paranoia over perfectly legal activity. You should leave the area, or possibly the whole state, if you can't control your fear of free people acting free, because we, the cop-shop and state and local governments, support and cherish the freedoms this country protects for its citizens. Now leave me alone. I've got important work to attend to."

It is so clear to me that what is lacking at the Faux News link and in the other comments in this thread, is inclusion of some kind of criticism for the cops who participate in the kind of tyranny the CSGV, Mommies and other groups wish cops to impose on gun owners/carriers, yet even when it's pointed out, the very intended victims of those groups, no blaming, shaming or criticizing of the cops who respond to their criminal false reporting is forthcoming. It's literally stunning how people support their own victimization as long as it has the imprimatur of legitimacy by a badge being pinned on their victimizers. The most significant thing in both the Faux News link and the comments in this thread (with the exception of NewWaveGuy) is not what was said, but what wasn't said. Faux News will be among the first to cheer the confiscations if these groups get their way, and many members of this site will be among the first to hand over their guns.

Love and trust of government (and its enforcers) is quite literally unAmerican. That's a historical fact. Look it up before coming at me for calling y'all out.

Blues

I don't drink, but I do go to Hot 'Lanta occasionally. May well PM you if I head that way anytime soon.

Welcome to the site.

Odd that no one else could bring themselves to comment on the cops who are full-fledged participants in the kind of harassment that the aforementioned groups' harassment campaigns are designed to foment. All the 911 operator has to be trained to do is screen such calls where OC and/or CC are legal. "Well, what are they doing with the gun, Madam Mommy?"

"He's wearing it on his hip right out in front of God and everybody!!! He's walking around like he's no danger to anyone!!!"

"Well, unless his life is being threatened, he likely is no danger to anyone. What you're reporting Madam Mommy, is perfectly legal activity. I cannot waste our officers' time just to actively support your hoplophobia and paranoia over perfectly legal activity. You should leave the area, or possibly the whole state, if you can't control your fear of free people acting free, because we, the cop-shop and state and local governments, support and cherish the freedoms this country protects for its citizens. Now leave me alone. I've got important work to attend to."

It is so clear to me that what is lacking at the Faux News link and in the other comments in this thread, is inclusion of some kind of criticism for the cops who participate in the kind of tyranny the CSGV, Mommies and other groups wish cops to impose on gun owners/carriers, yet even when it's pointed out, the very intended victims of those groups, no blaming, shaming or criticizing of the cops who respond to their criminal false reporting is forthcoming. It's literally stunning how people support their own victimization as long as it has the imprimatur of legitimacy by a badge being pinned on their victimizers. The most significant thing in both the Faux News link and the comments in this thread (with the exception of NewWaveGuy) is not what was said, but what wasn't said. Faux News will be among the first to cheer the confiscations if these groups get their way, and many members of this site will be among the first to hand over their guns.

Love and trust of government (and its enforcers) is quite literally unAmerican. That's a historical fact. Look it up before coming at me for calling y'all out.

Blues

I respect law enforcement, all of my uncle's are leo's. With that being said, it's time we call them [Law Enforcement] on this bs! To stop a law abiding citizen who is carrying is flat out wrong and IS harassment. One of the problems is that our politicians and leaders want to play both ends of the field. We need to stop putting all of our faith in the NRA and other organizations and create grassroots efforts in our local communities and let our voices be heard locally and nationally. WE WILL NOT ABIDE HARASSMENT!!!

We need to take note of the open carry movement in TX. It started out as a grassroots movement, but ended up being supported by people all over the country.

To better illustrate my point, recall the story of Eric Scott in 2010:

A blog from Erik’s family Link Removed:

Erik turned to find three officers facing him, guns drawn, and all three shouting different commands: “Get on the ground!” “Drop your weapon!” “Keep your hands up!” Erik held his hands up, spoke calmly, told them he DID have a concealed firearm and a legal CCW and was an ex-Army officer. His girlfriend was screaming about Erik being a West Point grad, former Army officer, etc. Erik leaned to his left, hands still up, to expose the pistol, and repeated, “I am disarming; I am disarming.” Witnesses say he started to lower his right hand, palm OUT, perhaps intending to remove holster and gun together — but never got the hand below his shoulder, when one of the cops (believed to be William Mosher, who had committed a fatal shooting in 2006) shot Erik in the chest with a .45-caliber semi-automatic weapon. Erik dropped to his knees, clearly in shock, his face a picture of disbelief. He was shot a second time and collapsed. The rest is ugly. The three officers unloaded again, firing a total of seven hollow-point rounds. At least four, possibly five, hit Erik in the back, after he was on the ground and dying.

Two experts hired by Scott’s family examined his body. They Link Removed of the seven .45 ACP hollowpoint bullets fired into Scott’s body, one was fired through his armpit, suggesting his arm was raised at the time. Four remaining shots were fired into his back. There were no exit wounds, making it all but impossible for police to claim that investigators misread through-and-through wounds.

The idiot Costco "loss prevention manager" who falsely reported that Scott was acting irrationally and aggressively, should definitely have been charged, but so should the murdering cops who dumped multiple rounds into a citizen who was trying to comply with confusing demands from multiple LEOs on the scene. Costco and the cop-shop have since conspired to make the security recordings from inside the store unavailable to the family or the public in general. Neither Costco employees nor cops suffered any consequences at all for this man's death.

Yet and still, "concerned" citizens continue to either ignore the cops' culpability when "swatting" takes place, or bleat out support for them for completely unrelated reasons, such as the current spate of racially motivated murders of cops by the Black Lives Matter crowd or their "movement" adherents.

What happened to Eric Scott could happen to any one of us at any time, and it won't just be the fault of idiot employees or anti-gun "movement" participants when it does happen. The cops who kill you/us will be just as culpable, but have no fear, there will be plenty of gun owners left alive to ignore your/our murders and continue to show wholly undeserved respect and devotion to the enforcers of tyranny.

Blues

To better illustrate my point, recall the story of Eric Scott in 2010:

The idiot Costco "loss prevention manager" who falsely reported that Scott was acting irrationally and aggressively, should definitely have been charged, but so should the murdering cops who dumped multiple rounds into a citizen who was trying to comply with confusing demands from multiple LEOs on the scene. Costco and the cop-shop have since conspired to make the security recordings from inside the store unavailable to the family or the public in general. Neither Costco employees nor cops suffered any consequences at all for this man's death.

Yet and still, "concerned" citizens continue to either ignore the cops' culpability when "swatting" takes place, or bleat out support for them for completely unrelated reasons, such as the current spate of racially motivated murders of cops by the Black Lives Matter crowd or their "movement" adherents.

What happened to Eric Scott could happen to any one of us at any time, and it won't just be the fault of idiot employees or anti-gun "movement" participants when it does happen. The cops who kill you/us will be just as culpable, but have no fear, there will be plenty of gun owners left alive to ignore your/our murders and continue to show wholly undeserved respect and devotion to the enforcers of tyranny.

Blues

I literally had to take a few moments to digest your words. You sir/maam won't win any popularity contests, but I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. Thanks for saying it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back